+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating out in fancy restaurants

Re: Eating out in fancy restaurants

Talking of things culinary, I went for a walk with a Bristol walking group on Saturday and the very garrulous but not unpleasant Bristol Rovers fan on the walk (his bobble hat and apparel declaring his allegiance to the aforementioned sporting entity) expalained that we was over on Cardiff on a dual mission last Tuesday i.e. to watch the Wales game (as he part-Hungarian) and to visit the home of Clark's pies. He explained that Mary Clark, the founder, was his great-grandmother (and I didn't realise that the company expanded to Bristol, Swindon, Reading, Newport and Gloucester - although he said that some of that empire fell apart due to a particular gentleman in the family being too fond of the sauce (and I don't mean the meat sauce).

By the way, he attended the game in the Wales end as the away tickets sold out in a jiffy and was blown away by our fans singing the Welsh National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Talking of things culinary, I went for a walk with a Bristol walking group on Saturday and the very garrulous but not unpleasant Bristol Rovers fan on the walk (his bobble hat and apparel declaring his allegiance to the aforementioned sporting entity) expalained that we was over on Cardiff on a dual mission last Tuesday i.e. to watch the Wales game (as he part-Hungarian) and to visit the home of Clark's pies. He explained that Mary Clark, the founder, was his great-grandmother (and I didn't realise that the company expanded to Bristol, Swindon, Reading, Newport and Gloucester - although he said that some of that empire fell apart due to a particular gentleman in the family being too fond of the sauce (and I don't mean the meat sauce).

By the way, he attended the game in the Wales end as the away tickets sold out in a jiffy and was blown away by our fans singing the Welsh National Anthem.
    Hungry pie-eater?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

They've been separate entities since the 1920's. Not sure if Clark's Pies in Bristol use the same recipe

Wetherspoons my level
    😕