+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: U23 today

U23 today

Sounds a cracking game.....shame not being shown on club tv.
    Anyone know much about Joel BAGAN? seems to be having a dream game...

Re: U23 today

There’s a link in the twitter page saying “watch live”

Not looked at it as I’m in the works van, but it looks like they have a stream for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There’s a link in the twitter page saying “watch live”

Not looked at it as I’m in the works van, but it looks like they have a stream for it.
    Our full backs Jazz remember him and Bagan were star players! Bamba a Yellow card and Danny Ward missed an open goal! Does that mean Jazz and Bagan straight into first team? NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Our full backs Jazz remember him and Bagan were star players! Bamba a Yellow card and Danny Ward missed an open goal! Does that mean Jazz and Bagan straight into first team? NO!
    Perhaps he will give them a go soon , do you think Harris was there ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps he will give them a go soon , do you think Harris was there ?
    Harris, Livermore and Dibble were all there for the whole ninety minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Harris, Livermore and Dibble were all there for the whole ninety minutes.
    Well that’s a pleasant change isn’t it.

The biggest positive, though, was 18-year-old left back Joel Bagan, whose beautiful left foot carved out a number of brilliant chances for the young Bluebirds, none of which were taken.

Bagan, a product of Southampton's youth academy, also shot the venom he had in his own left foot, firing a thunderous effort on goal from 30 yards which clattered into the post in the first half. His injury-time header was also just denied, too.

If new senior boss Neil Harris is keeping an eye on the youth, Bagan will certainly be one to look out for.

Here's my take on yesterday's match.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Well written Bob I couldn’t agree more.
    Bamba for me although composed on the ball is seriously lacking match fitness with several ill judged tackles - the first which ultimately led to their penalty and the second when he was needlessly yellow carded on the halfway line - how he wasn’t sent off when he kicked their striker up in the air baffles me because you could hear the kids screams a mile off.!! Combined with several poor headed efforts and the glaring miss from five yards out after the free kick didn’t inspire confidence in his selection any time soon.
    As for Danny Ward I thought he was anonymous- the only thing he did which would stick in the managers mind is shake his hand on the way back to the changing rooms half time.
    I agree entirely with your assessment of Bagan with Sam Bowen (4) striking a sweet shot from thirty yards deep into the second half.
    For me though I thought the best player on the park was our 10 Tom Sang - he was composed and his link up play outstanding- he was actually a product of the Man Utd academy but we snapped him up on his release.
    Their number nine though will be having nightmares over that pen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Well written Bob I couldn’t agree more.
    Bamba for me although composed on the ball is seriously lacking match fitness with several ill judged tackles - the first which ultimately led to their penalty and the second when he was needlessly yellow carded on the halfway line - how he wasn’t sent off when he kicked their striker up in the air baffles me because you could hear the kids screams a mile off.!! Combined with several poor headed efforts and the glaring miss from five yards out after the free kick didn’t inspire confidence in his selection any time soon.
    As for Danny Ward I thought he was anonymous- the only thing he did which would stick in the managers mind is shake his hand on the way back to the changing rooms half time.
    I agree entirely with your assessment of Bagan with Sam Bowen (4) striking a sweet shot from thirty yards deep into the second half.
    For me though I thought the best player on the park was our 10 Tom Sang - he was composed and his link up play outstanding- he was actually a product of the Man Utd academy but we snapped him up on his release.
    Their number nine though will be having nightmares over that pen lol
    Yes, I thought Bamba looked some way off being ready for serious first team consideration. Regarding Sang, I'm always pretty impressed by him and he is certainly versatile, having played quite often at left back compared to yesterday's number ten role at the start of the match - he had some serious miskicks to go with an air shot in the opening minutes mind!

Our 11 Mayembe although lightweight looked pretty lively and was unlucky with the header from six yards- but the ball came in a bit quick to be fair.
    Talking of headers Wards only note able opportunity for me was when he stretched to kick in the first half when the ball was screaming out to be headed 😵

Ward didn't really do much wrong all the time he was on, but he wasn't involved much was he - yes, that was a chance for him, but you're right, there weren't any others.

Good to see a sixteen year old like Mayembe involved - I'm glad the days of fielding five or six trialists at this level seem to be over.

I agree Bob - we need continuity within the squad.
    Our 7 Shamar Moore looked good even if a little rough around the edges and was composed up front alone when Ward exited.
    I know Harris was pleased with what he saw even tho it finished 0-0 , depending on injuries within the first team it’ll be interesting to see who he bloods from the youth?? 🤔