+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 x Chemical Brothers tickets available

2 x Chemical Brothers tickets available

I have two standing tickets available for the Chemical Brothers' sold-out show at the Motorpoint Arena on Thursday evening (28th November). Face value is £88.00 but I'll accept £70.00. They are physical tickets as opposed to e-tickets, so would need to be collected from Rhiwbina at some point before the event.

Unfortunately, I knackered my knee at another gig on Friday night and I'm now in a knee brace and on crutches. The Motorpoint Arena couldn't do anything for me as all of the seating is full, so I'm having to sell the tickets.

Give me a shout asap if you're interested or know anyone who is.

Re: 2 x Chemical Brothers tickets available

Aren't you the guy who gloried in the £10 or less gigs he attended?
    You should accept £7.00 nqat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Aren't you the guy who gloried in the £10 or less gigs he attended?
    You should accept £7.00 nqat
    I am. These are the most expensive tickets I've bought in years.

Friday's gig (at which I knackered my knee) cost £8. I'll be at another tonight that costs £7.50. I was at a gig a week ago that cost £5.50. Sod's law that I'll be missing the most expensive by a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I am. These are the most expensive tickets I've bought in years.
    Friday's gig (at which I knackered my knee) cost £8. I'll be at another tonight that costs £7.50. I was at a gig a week ago that cost £5.50. Sod's law that I'll be missing the most expensive by a distance.
    I paid £100 to see Joe Bonamassa (twice) and Deep Purple at Motorpoint. Then I read your comments and the scales dropped from my eyes. You became my mentor and hero. Nowadays I frequent Earl Haig - but only the cheapest gigs.

Now I read this!

I can't tell you how let down and confused I feel. All the wind has been sucked from my sails.

A bit like a former Jeremy Corbin supporter, I guess.

Don't think I'll ever trust anyone on here again.

Do you have any conception of the damage you have done?

Do you have any conception of the damage you have done?
    Ligament or cartilage damage it seems, but I'll know more after a hospital appointment on Monday.

Ligament or cartilage damage it seems, but I'll know more after a hospital appointment on Monday.
    No need to ask if it's a NHS or BUPA job, then - obviously the latter.
    And I doubt its your ligament or cartilage you've damaged as you've been exposed as having feet of clay.

I have two standing tickets available for the Chemical Brothers' sold-out show at the Motorpoint Arena on Thursday evening (28th November). Face value is £88.00 but I'll accept £70.00. They are physical tickets as opposed to e-tickets, so would need to be collected from Rhiwbina at some point before the event.

Unfortunately, I knackered my knee at another gig on Friday night and I'm now in a knee brace and on crutches. The Motorpoint Arena couldn't do anything for me as all of the seating is full, so I'm having to sell the tickets.

So because you were 'out of control' you are unable to 'leave home'?

No need to ask if it's a NHS or BUPA job, then - obviously the latter.
    And I doubt its your ligament or cartilage you've damaged as you've been exposed as having feet of clay.
    NHS of course, and the service at A&E was exceptional on Sunday morning.

Also, the tickets have just been sold via Twickets, which is good news. I can now enjoy my £7.50 gig much more this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So because you were 'out of control' you are unable to 'leave home'?
    It was my fault, very much a case of Dig Your Own Hole. I'll try not to Do It Again, it was Midnight Madness. I will, however, Galvanize myself for tonight's gig and while I'm disappointed to be missing Thursday's show, the money for the tickets is already in my Elektrobank, so it could be worse.

It was my fault, very much a case of Dig Your Own Hole. I'll try not to Do It Again, it was Midnight Madness. I will, however, Galvanize myself for tonight's gig and while I'm disappointed to be missing Thursday's show, the money for the tickets is already in my Elektrobank, so it could be worse.
    Top reply

Top reply
    You are far too gullible and easily impressed.
    This guy has at least two faces - and all ten are ugly

You are far too gullible and easily impressed.
    This is true. Quite often I give a little fist pump after checking the contents of the pan even if what feels like giving birth to a crocodile ends up being rat droppings.

This is true. Quite often I give a little fist pump after checking the contents of the pan even if what feels like giving birth to a crocodile ends up being rat droppings.
    You and TLG are hewn from the same railway sleeper.
    Just a wild guess, but do you both use other fans season tickets?

Is that a typo and you actually mean £8.80?

Twickets works well, i sold and purchased Ed Sherran tix's on it when i realised that U14 coudlnt go on the mill stadium pitch and had to be in the seated area

[QUOTE=Cyclops;5024539]I paid £100 to see Joe Bonamassa (twice) and Deep Purple at Motorpoint. Then I read your comments and the scales dropped from my eyes. You became my mentor and hero. Nowadays I frequent Earl Haig - but only the cheapest gigs.

Hope you were there last week to see Geno Washington, and will be there next year to see Zoot Money? It's a great little venue, and you can actually get the tickets beforehand without a rip-off booking fee that The Globe and The Tramshed charge

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5024604]
    I paid £100 to see Joe Bonamassa (twice) and Deep Purple at Motorpoint. Then I read your comments and the scales dropped from my eyes. You became my mentor and hero. Nowadays I frequent Earl Haig - but only the cheapest gigs.

Hope you were there last week to see Geno Washington, and will be there next year to see Zoot Money? It's a great little venue, and you can actually get the tickets beforehand without a rip-off booking fee that The Globe and The Tramshed charge
    Blimey, Zoot Money! I last saw him live in about 1963 - Zoot Money's Big Roll Band Band at a gig so intimate that I spoke with him during the set. No, tell a lie, he was on the bill for a show with Colin Blunstone at St David's.

I was sorry to miss Georgie Fame as it was sold out. But the tickets were about £24, weren't they?

[QUOTE=Cyclops;5024735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

Blimey, Zoot Money! I last saw him live in about 1963 - Zoot Money's Big Roll Band Band at a gig so intimate that I spoke with him during the set. No, tell a lie, he was on the bill for a show with Colin Blunstone at St David's.

I was sorry to miss Georgie Fame as it was sold out. But the tickets were about £24, weren't they?
    Had tickets for Georgie Fame, and yes they were £24.00, which is a lot. However considering the small venue it would have been money well spent. Especially when you consider the prices charged by that cattleshed of a venue with their thick shite Showsec thug chavvies as "security". That venue really goes make going to see a band or artist a very unpleasant experience. However, the gig was cancelled as Georgie Fame was involved in a road accident which broke his hip and pelvis. Hope he gets better soon.

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5024975]

Had tickets for Georgie Fame, and yes they were £24.00, which is a lot. However considering the small venue it would have been money well spent. Especially when you consider the prices charged by that cattleshed of a venue with their thick shite Showsec thug chavvies as "security". That venue really goes make going to see a band or artist a very unpleasant experience. However, the gig was cancelled as Georgie Fame was involved in a road accident which broke his hip and pelvis. Hope he gets better soon.
    He and the Blue Flames were regulars at the same venue I saw Zoot M and Larry Williams, Sugar Pie Desanto, Graham Bond et al. They were great nights. The bands were usually set up in the middle of the floor with access all around them. And of course I saw Georgie on the Tamla caravan tour and with Bill Wyman. A class act always.

[QUOTE=Cyclops;5024979]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    He and the Blue Flames were regulars at the same venue I saw Zoot M and Larry Williams, Sugar Pie Desanto, Graham Bond et al. They were great nights. The bands were usually set up in the middle of the floor with access all around them. And of course I saw Georgie on the Tamla caravan tour and with Bill Wyman. A class act always.
    Cyclops, did you see the Tamla tour in Pompey? If so, I think we may have discussed music on here before. You have seen some great acts, by the way

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5025026]

Cyclops, did you see the Tamla tour in Pompey? If so, I think we may have discussed music on here before. You have seen some great acts, by the way
    You've got a good memory - yeah Portsmouth Guildhall. It was only 75% full for the Tamla show - imagine that!. If you're interested there's a great website that documents the music scene in the city in the 50's and 60's ( http://www.michaelcooper.org.uk/C/odds60s.htm ) It's based on trawling newspapers. As Pompey is only about 70 miles from London and a thriving music scene, we got some great names in small clubs. It was a great time to be alive and young during the birth of British R&B and British Rock and cheap to boot. Georgie Fame was almost a resident of one club on a Sunday night. Has Cardiff got a similar website re: the local music scene?

When Santana's 3-date UK 2020 Tour was announced recently I noticed an enormous discrepancy in prices between the O2 and Dublin.
    I reckon that my outlay of a standing ticket in Dublin, a return flight from Bristol and a night in a Dublin hotel came in cheaper than just a seated ticket equally near to the stage at the O2.

FAO Cyclops: I saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Frome three weeks ago. About £32 I think. He was very good. Looking forward to Mr Trower next March....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    When Santana's 3-date UK 2020 Tour was announced recently I noticed an enormous discrepancy in prices between the O2 and Dublin.
    I reckon that my outlay of a standing ticket in Dublin, a return flight from Bristol and a night in a Dublin hotel came in cheaper than just a seated ticket equally near to the stage at the O2.

FAO Cyclops: I saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Frome three weeks ago. About £32 I think. He was very good. Looking forward to Mr Trower next March....
    I admire your tenacity in going from Taunton to Dublin to see a band, that reached it's sell date sometime around the release of 'Moonflower'. back in '78. I just wish people wouldn't pay exorbitant fees to see bands. If no one went, then they'd have to lower their rip-off prices accordingly. The venues are usually shite and the view not too good either unless you have paid a super-duper price on top of the already exorbitant price on top of your ticket.

£32 to see someone of Kenny Wayne Shepherd's ability and class isn't a bad price to pay I guess. Enjoy Robin Trower, have seen him a few times in Cardiff. One of the best guitarists this country has produced along with Koss and Peter Green

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Thanks for that, mush. I think I'll see him at the factory unit at Southampton - and there's family nearby where I can lay my head.