+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a terrible, desperately-boring game...

What a terrible, desperately-boring game...

Apart from the first eleven minutes when we passed it around a bit, it was like watching a Warnock team - without the commitment or aggression.

For most of the match, I felt exactly as I did when watching Slade's sides playing - comatose.

Well done Neil Harris!

Re: What a terrible, desperately-boring game...

The goal was good and Stoke were even worse than City...but we won. It was one of those games where you keep looking at the clock hoping that it is nearly over

I presume the applause for Madine when he was hooked was ironical.

Could anyone have looked less bovvered in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Bogle....more effort needed Omar.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The goal was good and Stoke were even worse than City...but we won. It was one of those games where you keep looking at the clock hoping that it is nearly over
    lol.

It WAS terrible. Just....well, boring :-(

I thought he played well, and unlucky not to score

I fell asleep for a minute, it was worse than anything Warnock served up.

Can only imagine it was a reaction to how open we were against Charlton.

Also how many 50/50s did Bogle duck out of when he came on? Shocking player

The ground was actually silent for a short while in the first half, the silence only pierced by Michael O'Neill's ranting and raving. It was a poor game between two bang average teams.

Todays stats:

Stats.jpg

That's exactly how it felt. Stoke were abysmal. We managed three, THREE shots on target. We won two, TWO corners.

The stats at least give substance to my reaction...

We also won 4 tackles during the whole game out of 7 attempts.

I was very confused and I think a lot of the players were as well.
    When we were playing Warnockball there was a clear strategy even when it didn't work well, but despite watching carefully, I couldn't see what they were trying to do.
    It reminded me of Millwall in some way I can't put my finger on and it wasn't all bad but it seemed very random. I hope that's just because I'm missing something.
    The defence was very different and I'm not sure whether it worked better or it was just a case of Stoke being unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo. It certainly got the best out of Aiden Flint, but exposed the shortcomings of others quite badly .

Main thing is that we won , but I hope we're not just going to play off the cuff, which did seem to be happening tonight.
    Another positive was that Madine played much better in this set up.

While I didn't see the Charlton game I read the quote with Harris saying being so open wasn't ideal and he'd look to correct that so maybe a little bit of a drab game, especially when struggling opposition have new manager too, was to be expected. 4 points from 6 is a fine start to his CCFC career, although I would say more players are playing their way out of his long term plans than are playing themselves into them.

Yup, it was bloody dire. Stoke pressed and passed the ball a lot better than we did they just didn’t have it up front to actually score. Harris has got his work cut out, a lot of our players looked confused and quite frankly Hungover and knackered out there tonight. We need Morrison and Bamba back for a bit of stability and although Flint shows a presence he gives the ball away far too much. Could do with Ralls back in midfield for a bit more energy.
    Long way to go and yes a win is a win but it was bloody painful getting those 3 points tonight.
    Onwards and upwards as they say and 4 points out of 6 is a good start for the gaffer.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While I didn't see the Charlton game I read the quote with Harris saying being so open wasn't ideal and he'd look to correct that so maybe a little bit of a drab game, especially when struggling opposition have new manager too, was to be expected. 4 points from 6 is a fine start to his CCFC career, although I would say more players are playing their way out of his long term plans than are playing themselves into them.
    Don't post positive stuff on here mate you will get lynched

Madine was alright and I was disappointed when he came off. I guess Harris is trying to see a few players have a bit of game time, hence Bogle getting half hour.

Madine did his job well but doesn't look like scoring.

Bogle, on the other hand, just can't be arsed......... shocking attitude

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Madine did his job well but doesn't look like scoring.

Bogle, on the other hand, just can't be arsed......... shocking attitude
    Bogle was so poor tonight that I would be quietly checking everything is ok in his personal life. He's not the perfect footballer but he usually puts in the effort and tonight there was none of that.

I guess I need to go to specsavers as I saw a game where we played a lot of the ball to feet and not Warnockball .

Yes the game was not the best.

I felt we were in control , and were better disciplined and orgainsed than recent in games .

WithWoods and Allen more interested in making a million passes than actually creating anything not surprising it was boring

66% possession and they created nothing

Our defence did well though.

Front 4 for us were poor though

Well done Neil Harris!
    Pick your toys up. It's his second match with an inherited squad. Were you expecting a sudden transformation into Kevin Keegan's Newcastle?

Seems to me people are determined already to not like neil harris.

4 points out of 6, comfortable win tonight v a very expensive but poor stoke side who had won their last 2 games.

The fans were singing “neil harris barmy army”. Madine was applauded off yes, lovely skill for our goal and could have scored. He will come good.

If anyone could have fallen asleep it was etheridge. Poor lad didnt have a single shot to save.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I fell asleep for a minute, it was worse than anything Warnock served up.

Can only imagine it was a reaction to how open we were against Charlton.

Also how many 50/50s did Bogle duck out of when he came on? Shocking player
    Almost as shocking as Madine, how he got applauded off baffles me. Perhaps I don't understand football

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Almost as shocking as Madine, how he got applauded off baffles me. Perhaps I don't understand football
    Did you not see the lay off to Bacuna for the goal ? He deserved his applause just for that. We won the game because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    People maybe applauding the fact he assisted the goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Pick your toys up. It's his second match with an inherited squad. Were you expecting a sudden transformation into Kevin Keegan's Newcastle?
    I’ve been negative I’ll admit, but this blokes on a whole new level. Even I was expecting a tighter game after the weekend, it definitely wasn’t great to watch but there were positives