+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a terrible, desperately-boring game...

Re: What a terrible, desperately-boring game...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    He’s scored the odd goal - unlike Gazlar...
    I will be interested to find out if Glatzel improves if we play on the floor.
    We have tried everything with a Bogle but he is not capable of succeeding whatever system we play.
    It’s called lack of ability

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I will be interested to find out if Glatzel improves if we play on the floor.
    We have tried everything with a Bogle but he is not capable of succeeding whatever system we play.
    It’s called lack of ability
    I have to say that I always thought that Bogle had something about him and might come good but he has been absolutely rubbish in the last 2 games. (He never EVER looked like putting that very presentable chance away at Millwall)

A mate of mine who is a Birmingham City season ticket holder said that he was very poor for them last season. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have to say that I always thought that Bogle had something about him and might come good but he has been absolutely rubbish in the last 2 games. (He never EVER looked like putting that very presentable chance away at Millwall)

A mate of mine who is a Birmingham City season ticket holder said that he was very poor for them last season. :-(
    Scored a few for Pompey on loan last season but it looks like league 1 is his level at best.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tomlin had a shot from outside the area in the latter part of the game which the ‘keeper parried, guess who was first the ball for another strike at goal? Yep, Tomlin. He was a couple of yards in both pace & thought for the rest of the team last night.
    Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That was in the 54th minute.
    So as early as the 54th minute the others were f*cked and Tomlin was still sprightly. Anyway a knackered Tomlin is still likely to produce something unlike the majority of the rest of the team.

So as early as the 54th minute the others were f*cked and Tomlin was still sprightly. Anyway a knackered Tomlin is still likely to produce something unlike the majority of the rest of the team.
    He’s probably the big ginger bloke that used to scream and shout at manga, sat behind me in the family stand. Would rip him to shreds even when he played well..just shout extra loud he first mistake he made

Our fans

Tomlin could keep with the pace for 60 minutes, his greater anticipation allowing him to get to the ball first on the 54th minute, before his body slowing down and becoming too slow to be effective from an estimate of 60 minutes onwards. Not hard to understand really.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Tomlin could keep with the pace for 60 minutes, his greater anticipation allowing him to get to the ball first on the 54th minute, before his body slowing down and becoming too slow to be effective from an estimate of 60 minutes onwards. Not hard to understand really.
    What minute did we time his mazy run at? Sure that was after 60 mins.

He went off just after 80 minutes, still our most effective player. Also, he needs more & more minutes on the pitch as every game goes by, to try and make him a 90 minute man, we’ve nothing else like him and unless by some miracle we sign someone better in January Tomlin must be persevered with and every last drop squeezed out of him. He’s head & shoulders the best footballer at the club and we need to keep him on the pitch as long as possible, if that means keeping him on for longer each game to build up to the full 90+ minutes so be it. That’s not hard to understand, unless you can put forward another player who can make things happen as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bale was cramped up against Croatia at home for (what felt like) the last 10 minutes and even if he had one more run in him I wouldn't say he was able to handle pace of the game for that period. Tyler Roberts came on and pretty much said you move here so I can do the running you can't do any more. I don't particularly have a view on Tomlin last night but not sure I'd be bragging that I made one run after 60 minutes if I were him.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You mean the one when he fell over and got booked for diving?

Bale was cramped up against Croatia at home for (what felt like) the last 10 minutes and even if he had one more run in him I wouldn't say he was able to handle pace of the game for that period. Tyler Roberts came on and pretty much said you move here so I can do the running you can't do any more. I don't particularly have a view on Tomlin last night but not sure I'd be bragging that I made one run after 60 minutes if I were him.
    He isn’t. But a few of us are pointing out he did something after that minute marker, to help those that said he was basically useless after that time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    You mean the one when he fell over and got booked for diving?
    Nope

It’s a bit disheartening when fans have a dig at the one player who has the ability to get us out of our seats, the one player who does go on a mazy run (ok, he got booked but we were all loving his beating two or three opponents), the player whose tight control in the box set up Madine, the player we all hope would take a free kick within shooting range whether it was the first or ninety first minute. It the Lee Tomlin type players that keeps my interest in football alive.

It’s a bit disheartening when fans have a dig at the one player who has the ability to get us out of our seats, the one player who does go on a mazy run (ok, he got booked but we were all loving his beating two or three opponents), the player whose tight control in the box set up Madine, the player we all hope would take a free kick within shooting range whether it was the first or ninety first minute. It the Lee Tomlin type players that keeps my interest in football alive.
    Baffles me as well.

Let’s swap him for Don Cowie.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This post just proves how low expectations have dropped when it comes to rating centre forwards at Cardiff City. Yes, it was a great flick by him for the goal and it means people like you finally have something else besides headers to set up goals at Sheffield United and Ipswich and the fact that you don't think he missed a penalty against Wolves because his feeble effort was saved (and, anyway, it was a better missed penalty than Junior Hoilett's a few minutes later ) to try to show that he is worth the £6 million we paid for him nearly two years ago - based on all of the facts, Madine has been an awful signing as three assists and no goal proves.

I thought he was poor overall last night and that came after what I rated as a promising showing at Charlton where, for a period in the first half in particular, he was a real nuisance to their centrebacks.

It seemed to me that he mistimed an awful lot of jumps last night and so was nowhere near the ball when it reached him. I will say that anyone who has played up front for City in recent seasons deserves a degree of sympathy because it is a thankless task for most of the time and I applauded Madine when he came off because he's a City player and I did think he put the effort in, but at other clubs there wouldn't be the sort of clutching at straws with him that you are indulging in and I'd have Danny Ward back in the starting line up at Forest at Madine's expense based on his performance last night.
    This is exactly right.