Cardiff City 1 Stoke 0

Three points

Up to tenth , two wins from the play offs

End of story

Bluebirds !

Re: Well done Neil Harris and the players

Neil Harris post match comments:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...n-enjoy-result

“I’m delighted for the players,” began Neil following the final whistle. “I said to them that we’ll be better and I promise that, but if we have to roll our sleeves up and battle, we’ll show that we can do that also.

“Sometimes you need a little bit of class and Gary Madine with his back-flick and Leo’s [Bacuna] run gave us that moment, so I’m delighted with the end product from that.

“It wasn’t a classic, in some ways it was a typical, scrappy Tuesday night Championship football match and I’ll take that.

“I think everyone associated with the Club can enjoy that result.”

“It’s about attitude, application and desire to want to play for this great Club and players can say what they want, but when as new manager walks in they have to prove that they’ve got that desire and determination to be in the team.

“We’ve now got Robert Glatzel and Danny Ward coming back and Joe Ralls is getting fitter, so players will come back into the group and selection is not going to be easy, but I’ll make the tough decisions for the good of the team."

Just got back in from a damp Tuesday , well done to all those who made the effort.

I thought we looked very organised, passed the ball on the ground well , with some encouraging neat moves and interplay.

Pack for me was MOM .

Flint played well , Tomlin was a danger and allowed to express himself .

I thought Madine was the better of the strikers, held the ball better than Bogle , laid of some nice balls, uncluded the one for the goal .

Well done City , 7 out of 10, againt a talented side.

Yep, I'll take that result.
    Long way to go but we can only go up.

He comes across as a bit thick - and not a word about the fans.......just under 21,000 who paid to watch this 'entertainment - most of the time in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just got back in from a damp Tuesday , well done to all those who made the effort.

I thought we looked very organised, passed the ball on the ground well , with some encouraging neat moves and interplay.

Pack for me was MOM .

Flint played well , Tomlin was a danger and allowed to express himself .

I thought Madine was the better of the strikers, held the ball better than Bogle , laid of some nice balls, uncluded the one for the goal .

Well done City , 7 out of 10, againt a talented side.
    You know what they say about sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Yep, I'll take that result.
    Long way to go but we can only go up.
    I mean, we could actually go down

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I mean, we could actually go down
    I thought some clever bugger would pick me up on that!
    Be positive Kaiser.
    🙂

I thought we were the slightly better of two awful teams. The football was desperate.
    JMO...

I was rather hopeful of a decent showing in NHs 1st home game after a decent battling performance at Charlton but alas it wasn't to be.

Awful as a spectacle it may have been, but could we really expect free flowing attacking football with 20 shots from the same set of players we have watched thus far in the season?

We did manage to muster 20 odd shots on Saturday but against what basically was a bunch of youth players who were battling to hold out after a fortunate start.

Tonight we got an early goal. If we had played open attacking football after we scored, we may have got a couple more goals.
    On the other hand, Stoke may well have got an equaliser and how many would have been screaming we should have kept it tight

They knocked the ball about quite well and looked good up until they got to the penalty area. If they had a decent striker it may have been a different story. But they haven't and our defence coped with what they had to offer pretty well.

It wasn't at all pretty and playing attractive football seems a way off, but this was a case of getting the win no matter how. We did just that.

I thought we did OK. Very pleased we managed to keep the clean sheet.

How long have we been 2 wins from the playoffs? Genuine question, as we seem to have a few that have trotted this out for weeks.

We need teams above us to drop points or we’ll always be “2 wins from the play offs”

Wasn’t pretty, at all, but I saw a few things I liked, the corners weren’t just lumped in and the wingers seemed to come central where they can be more of a threat rather than constantly hugging the wing and often going nowhere because they were predictable. Seems NH isn’t so one dimensional, which is a positive as well. He also makes changes during the game and doesn’t wait till 5 mins left to make a sub, also Vaulks has reappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Wasn’t pretty, at all, but I saw a few things I liked, the corners weren’t just lumped in......
    A valid point,
    All two of them.