+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 11 points off automatic promotion and 11 points from relegation places

11 points off automatic promotion and 11 points from relegation places

Yep after 18 games i would say that is exactly what we deserve.

From the effort shown tonight and the 2nd half at charlton, if that continues we will be looking upwards not downwards.

Harris has added an energy to the team that simply wasnt there when he took over. Judging from his touchline frustrations/antics energy is one thing that we wont be lacking in.

I know its an unpopular opinion on here but i like him and i think its a good appointment.

Re: 11 points off automatic promotion and 11 points from relegation places

Here here!

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Here here!
    ..it's actually hear hear shanks

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yep after 18 games i would say that is exactly what we deserve.

From the effort shown tonight and the 2nd half at charlton, if that continues we will be looking upwards not downwards.

Harris has added an energy to the team that simply wasnt there when he took over. Judging from his touchline frustrations/antics energy is one thing that we wont be lacking in.

I know its an unpopular opinion on here but i like him and i think its a good appointment.
    I agree with you about Harris adding energy to the team - it's still not great on that score, but it's certainly better than it was.

Neil Harris is doing about as well as he can in the circumstances.

The board’s negligence in allowing Neil Warnock to run up a £50m spend on a squad as limited as this will define the club this season and beyond unfortunately.

Hopefully Harris will be given a fair chance in the transfer market to sort out the situation his predecessor left him in.

Every new manager has a honeymoon period where the current crop of players strive to claim their individual places in the team - it’s only natural,whereas the outgoing boss had his favourites and persevered with them.
    With Harris the money or probably lack of will force his hand into using some of the youth available to him in the academy.
    I know there are a few on here that attend development matches and there are players I’m sure wouldn’t look out of place in this current first team squad.
    They just need a start.
    Look at a decimated Charlton squad on Saturday- blooded several academy players who performed well.
    Lampard and Olè have both used academy players and several have become regulars on the team sheet.
    I’m sure given the opportunity our young talent would out perform some of the overpaid plodders on display in a Cardiff shirt last night 🤐👍

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Neil Harris is doing about as well as he can in the circumstances.

The board’s negligence in allowing Neil Warnock to run up a £50m spend on a squad as limited as this will define the club this season and beyond unfortunately.

Hopefully Harris will be given a fair chance in the transfer market to sort out the situation his predecessor left him in.
    And that, is so, so true. Neil Harris is the perfect fit. It's not possible to change a side [squad] of non-footballers into footballers. Harris will squeeze as much as he can out of this squad but it's going to be a gradual change.

Ironically, last night he seemed to have tightened the defence since last Saturday - a back four who between them cannot pass a football..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    And that, is so, so true. Neil Harris is the perfect fit. It's not possible to change a side [squad] of non-footballers into footballers. Harris will squeeze as much as he can out of this squad but it's going to be a gradual change.

Ironically, last night he seemed to have tightened the defence since last Saturday - a back four who between them cannot pass a football..
    We should get someone within the club to look on whoscored and elsewhere to get stats about all the players in the division and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We should get someone within the club to look on whoscored and elsewhere to get stats about all the players in the division and beyond.
    You are joking?

We can all spend 2 mins googling stuff like that. The club literally employ a team of people whose job it is to actually compile those stats, not just look on a free website.

However pretty much every other professional club does so as well so it doesn't give anyone an edge really.

12 points off the automatic promotion places and 9 points off the relegation spots after 18 games.

Delbert's point about Warnock's spending is spot on. According to Sky during the Charlton commentary, his net spend while manager of City was £49 million. That's incredible given 'quality' of the side.

I'm with those who believe Harris was actually a sensible appointment. I think that will be emphasised during the January transfer window, when I reckon the club will be either under an embargo or will have little or no money to spend.

The squad needs a major overhaul as Warnock has left a right mess behind him. However, that's highly unlikely to happen in the short term, so Harris was a relatively cheap and pragmatic option. I don't believe any new manager would have been able to get major improvement out of the current squad. It just doesn't have enough ability within it. Therefore, a manager who won't try to change things dramatically is likely to get better results than one who would.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    12 points off the automatic promotion places and 9 points off the relegation spots after 18 games.

Delbert's point about Warnock's spending is spot on. According to Sky during the Charlton commentary, his net spend while manager of City was £49 million. That's incredible given 'quality' of the side.

I'm with those who believe Harris was actually a sensible appointment. I think that will be emphasised during the January transfer window, when I reckon the club will be either under an embargo or will have little or no money to spend.

The squad needs a major overhaul as Warnock has left a right mess behind him. However, that's highly unlikely to happen in the short term, so Harris was a relatively cheap and pragmatic option. I don't believe any new manager would have been able to get major improvement out of the current squad. It just doesn't have enough ability within it. Therefore, a manager who won't try to change things dramatically is likely to get better results than one who would.
    Putting it more succinctly then.

Football wise, safe but boring as ****?

Not Harris's fault as others have so rightly pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Putting it more succinctly then.

Football wise, safe but boring as ****?

Not Harris's fault as others have so rightly pointed out.
    Quite possibly.

Warnock loaded the squad with players on lengthy contracts who are average at best by Championship standards, and he did so at a significant cost. It's likely to take any manager several transfer windows to turn that around, and if the club is going to be under an embargo it will be even more difficult.

Bringing in someone who wanted the rip the whole thing up and start again ran the risk of turning what is a bang-average mid-table side into relegation candidates. I don't think they'll become that under Harris unless there are significant problems in the dressing room. He'll keep things ticking along for a while, but it won't be pretty.

Quite possibly.

Warnock loaded the squad with players on lengthy contracts who are average at best by Championship standards, and he did so at a significant cost. It's likely to take any manager several transfer windows to turn that around, and if the club is going to be under an embargo it will be even more difficult.

Bringing in someone who wanted the rip the whole thing up and start again ran the risk of turning what is a bang-average mid-table side into relegation candidates. I don't think they'll become that under Harris unless there are significant problems in the dressing room. He'll keep things ticking along for a while, but it won't be pretty.
    Safe hands but little ambition.

Not exactly the recipe to get people through the gates but forced upon the club after indulging Warnocks narcissism and bullshit.

I don't see City competing for promotion for a number of years and they'll turn into the sort of nondescript side and club like Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Here here!
    Where where!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Safe hands but little ambition.

Not exactly the recipe to get people through the gates but forced upon the club after indulging Warnocks narcissism and bullshit.

I don't see City competing for promotion for a number of years and they'll turn into the sort of nondescript side and club like Birmingham.

Surprisingly I don't mind that so much if the football quality and style of football slowly changes.
    As has been said above, most of the current squad may not be capable of playing in that way so it will take a few transfer windows to improve the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    [/COLOR][/B]

Surprisingly I don't mind that so much if the football quality and style of football slowly changes.
    As has been said above, most of the current squad may not be capable of playing in that way so it will take a few transfer windows to improve the balance.
    I think any progress made is going to be slow and some of it is probably going to hurt the eyes. If Neil Harris has ideas about changing the style of play and personnel it'll take him at least 3/4 transfer windows after January's as I can't see him being allowed to spend then. It'll be interesting to see what the board allow for funds in the summer.

Quite possibly.

This squad is so drilled into the style it plays, any moderate deviation into a more progressive playing style would leave us massively exposed.

Hopefully Harris has the skills in the locker to play the Warnock style but slowly change us into something more this century

I don't think anything's spoilt yet,but that's assuming the new coaching staff can remind the players of when they used to play in a side that could pass and move in short triangles as well as long passes.