+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stoke

Stoke

How can such a good squad on player look so poor?

If they go down, best squad to get relegated from the championship?

Re: Stoke

I agree I was amazed by how poor they were given the number of 'names' in their squad. I think part of the problem is the cohesion of the players and the fact that they all seem a bit one paced. Hogan, Gregory, Vokes are forwards you would think would be decent at this level but none are exactly blessed with pace and maybe are a bit too similar? Same goes for the midfield, tidy footballers, but not much drive in them? I don't think they will go down but if they do it won't be much of a shock

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I agree I was amazed by how poor they were given the number of 'names' in their squad. I think part of the problem is the cohesion of the players and the fact that they all seem a bit one paced. Hogan, Gregory, Vokes are forwards you would think would be decent at this level but none are exactly blessed with pace and maybe are a bit too similar? Same goes for the midfield, tidy footballers, but not much drive in them? I don't think they will go down but if they do it won't be much of a shock
    I agree with you about Stoke's lack of pace. We defended so much better than we did on Saturday and, despite being at home and therefore you would think more open to a counter attack, we did not allow midfield runners to get the wrong side of us, but, as I asked in my blog piece, was our win down to better performances from our defence and midfield (in defensive terms at least) or the fact that we won't face many slower attacks than Stoke's?

Loved Bennetts tussles with Ince. They were having a right go at each which was good to see. Don't really like Ince, just seems so arrogant in thinking he should be at somewhere like Liverpool. But in a side with the others mentioned you do wonder how they are so far down.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Loved Bennetts tussles with Ince. They were having a right go at each which was good to see. Don't really like Ince, just seems so arrogant in thinking he should be at somewhere like Liverpool. But in a side with the others mentioned you do wonder how they are so far down.
    Ince is a legend in his own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    And Daddys.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    That comment reminded me of an Irish lecturer/part-time artist I met recently. Regarding sales of his artistic creations he told me that he has the greatest collection of his paintings.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    And Daddys.
    Sauce !

Can anybody think of a more over-rated player than Tom Ince?

The ultimate show-pony.

And other show-ponies? Lawrence? Grealish? Alli? Jonny Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Can anybody think of a more over-rated player than Tom Ince?

The ultimate show-pony.

And other show-ponies? Lawrence? Grealish? Alli? Jonny Williams?

who the **** rates tom ince

Who do you think ruined his career his father or himself.I did think he had a massive future in front of him.

Regarding how poor Stoke were is Joe Allen getting a pass because he's our anchor midfielder for Wales?

The way he flapped his legs about chasing Tomlin and the thought he could be playing against Hazard next summer gave me kittens.

If not for his father Tom would not be a professional footballer.
    Plenty as good as him on the parks

They don't like Sam Vokes

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/...64/vokes-again

£9m wasted as far as they are concerned

Cant believe the bookies got it so wrong at the start of the season. Stoke were about 4th favourites for promotion but most could see the squad and club were no where near ready to challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cant believe the bookies got it so wrong at the start of the season. Stoke were about 4th favourites for promotion but most could see the squad and club were no where near ready to challenge.
    Not the bookies getting it wrong. There was obviously lots of money put on them by fools who looked at their players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Regarding how poor Stoke were is Joe Allen getting a pass because he's our anchor midfielder for Wales?

The way he flapped his legs about chasing Tomlin and the thought he could be playing against Hazard next summer gave me kittens.
    I hadn't seen Joe Allen play for ages until he played for Wales against Hungary, and like most people afterwards, I could not understand how he is STILL playing for Stoke, and not a more successful team.

Do they drag him down to their level, as he is still a decent player and they have a team will plenty of talent - I was surprised at quite how poor they were and how little impact the new manger seems to have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I hadn't seen Joe Allen play for ages until he played for Wales against Hungary, and like most people afterwards, I could not understand how he is STILL playing for Stoke, and not a more successful team.

Do they drag him down to their level, as he is still a decent player and they have a team will plenty of talent - I was surprised at quite how poor they were and how little impact the new manger seems to have had.
    Good. Would love to see them back in League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

The amount of sideways and backwards passes he and Woods played when they were chasing the game was criminal.

Ba’ath, their centre half was one of the top passers, by no of passes in the division midweek.
    Not surprising.

Unbalanced midfield. Both very good players, but you need someone alongside them who will make things happen, can’t play triangles all game.

No pace or threat out wide or up front either, despite the expensive strikers they have.

Makes our squad look a bit less of an expensive bunch of misfits.

They seem a bit of an ‘old’ side too, with a few there past their best

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

He did win his first 2 games ( O’Neill)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He did win his first 2 games ( O’Neill)
    95 min winner v wigan at home was a bit of fortune