Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
I understand the sentiment I really do, but it's posts like these that made me create the thread. Why are we making these assumptions after the bloke has been in charge for little over a week? I am among the mass who had umpteen names in mind before Harris but now that he's appointed I will give him the chance and back him as anybody deserves at least that? Like I said you make good points, but only if that ever comes to fruition.

If after some time and a transfer window (whether he's actually given funds is another thing) it's obvious there isn't a marked improvement then I will be with you in saying probably we got the appointment wrong but until then what's the bloke done to not have our backing? Ralls/Morrison/Glatzel/Ward/Whyte are out, and the squad have had one way of playing ingrained in them for the last 3 seasons so let's give him some time is all I'm saying.

If I gave the impression that was blaming Mr Harris I apologise. I support him 120% and actually I think he's a very talented young manager.
My point was more to do with the fact that we've spent three years playing an unusual but quite successful variety of football, and accrued the right players for that game. It was a project which was quite successful at times , but everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing and opponents knew they'd have a difficult time coping with this unusual style.

It was always going to be very difficult when Sir Neil went, but I'd rather assumed that we'd have pre planned how to deal with the transition - either by continuing the warnockball initially or with a very clear alternative tactic .
However, as far as I can see they seem to be making it up as they go along at the moment - doing their best with a generic set up they're not used to and understandably getting it a bit wrong here and there. They're also getting it right in parts too because , despite what some here will say, they're all bloody good professional football players.
My experience is that dynamic success in football comes from playing a particular non standard game ,as Sir Neil was doing ,albeit with diminishing returns, Alf Ramsey without traditional wingers, Brian Clough with his hard disciplined and drilled football. That's all I'm saying - Neil Harris will probably work it out in time, but we really shouldn't be experimenting in live games after the joirney we've been on for the last three years .