+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls........

Joe Ralls........

........when he is fit again who drops out ? Tomlin our one creative spark ? Bacuna, he of generous transfer fee and lengthy contract ? No-one ? Change formation ? I assume Harris will know of Joe's capabilities even though he is currently unfit. When all the walking wounded have returned to fitness it will be interesting to see what the perception of the squad is from a new pair of eyes in Harris. As none of the existing squad were purchased by Harris he will be under no obligation to pick them as NW might have been.

Re: Joe Ralls........

At the moment, i would say Pack for home games, Tomlin for away games.

I think Ralls will be a better player under Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    ........when he is fit again who drops out ? Tomlin our one creative spark ? Bacuna, he of generous transfer fee and lengthy contract ? No-one ? Change formation ? I assume Harris will know of Joe's capabilities even though he is currently unfit. When all the walking wounded have returned to fitness it will be interesting to see what the perception of the squad is from a new pair of eyes in Harris. As none of the existing squad were purchased by Harris he will be under no obligation to pick them as NW might have been.
    Good points.
    Even when we have everyone back we really do not have a top 6 midfield.
    I would pick Pack and Ralls as the protectors of the back 4 and push Bacuna forward with Tomlin and a rejuvenated Murphy.
    I would try Glatzel and Ward as a 2 man striking partnership.
    Any striker playing the loan role is just not going to be successful.
    With the speed of murphy and the guile of Tomlin, surely we can create more striking opportunities, which is what Dalman has promised

I think it has to be Bacuna for me even after a very well taken goal yesterday. They are the most similar with Ralls being clearly being the better player. As blueblade noted I think Ralls will flourish under Harris and I don't think we can accurately see what style we will play under Harris until our best all round midfielder returns.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    ....., surely we can create more striking opportunities, which is what Dalman has promised
    I don't think you'll find that was what Dalman promised, it was what VT wanted.

QUOTE=NottinghamBlue;5024806]I don't think you'll find that was what Dalman promised, it was what VT wanted.[/QUOTE]

If you check back they were comments from Dalman

Any striker playing the loan role is just not going to be successful
    where’s TIT when you need him.

Good points.
    I would pick Pack and Ralls as the protectors of the back 4 and push Bacuna forward with Tomlin and a rejuvenated Murphy.
    With the speed of murphy and the guile of Tomlin, surely we can create more striking opportunities, which is what Dalman has promised
    You mention a "rejuvenated Murphy". I wondered if there is any evidence of this or are you assuming that he will be rejuvenated in the future?

I ask because the times I've seen Murphy this season he's looked completely disinterested in everything. He rarely has a run at defenders, he hardly makes runs for the ball carrier, he doesn't track back and has looked anything but threatening in front of goal.

I have heard a couple of people mention his name in starting lineups of late and it's baffling.
    NML and Hoilett have looked far more threatening to the opposition and their inclusion in tje side is warranted.

If Murphy does get his opportunity then I hope Harris can get more out of him than Warnock could.

Regarding the OP, I think that Ralls could play in Pack's role or Tomlin's.

I think Ralls is ok going forward but he couldn’t do Tomlins job. For me he is high energy box to box and isn’t what you’d label creative.

Good points.
    are we playing without a goalie? ��

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    are we playing without a goalie? ��
    4222 with Bacuna the defensive midfielder playing an attacking role

Ralls would come in for Bacuna

Good points.
    Goalie
    Back 4
    Pack Ralls
    Bacuna, Tomlin, Murphy
    Glatzel, Ward

That's 12 players

Ideally I'd have a midfield three of:

Bacuna or Pack
    Ralls or Vaulks
    Tomlin or ….. Paterson as a different option?

Think that would give us two different line-ups that could really compete in this division, depending on what goes on around them.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Goalie
    Back 4
    Pack Ralls
    Bacuna, Tomlin, Murphy
    Glatzel, Ward

That's 12 players
    That’s much better for us. Should get a point away from home and maybe win the odd home game

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    where’s TIT when you need him.
    Perhaps DubaiDai is not alone in wanting a loan striker to be brought in to play the lone role, we could ask the Loan aRranger for a lone to fund it

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Perhaps DubaiDai is not alone in wanting a loan striker to be brought in to play the lone role, we could ask the Loan aRranger for a lone to fund it
    I’ll have a lone if there are any being offered..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I’ll have a lone if there are any being offered..
    A Loan Again Naturally

Good points.
    That would only leave you with3 at the back

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A Loan Again Naturally
    I spend most evenings alone, how I like it after a hard days graft.

Dog won’t talk my head off or nag. It’s ideal.