+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boris fails to turn up

Boris fails to turn up

Boris and Farage failed to turn up at channel 4's climate leaders debate they were replaced by two blocks of melting ice with the Conservative party written on one block and the Brexit party written on the other block.

If the Tories and the Brexit party turn up for the next debate and I was Corbyn, Price, Sturgeon or Swinson and I wanted to address a point made by Boris or Farage I would say 'I would like to take issue with what the ice cube says on that point'.

Boris Johnson sent his father and Gove but they were not allowed on as it was a leaders debate, talk now that the Cons are now threatening C4’s broadcast licence, there is footage of the pair in the foyer looking lost and then a 15 year old girl starts lambasting Gove over Boris not turning up.

The right wing have no solutions on the climate topic, there again the right wing have no solutions on any topic.
    It was a good sensible debate between the leaders of Labour, Lib-Dems, SNP, Plaid and the Greens and if the Conservative and Brexit party leaders had turned up then no doubt they would have dumbed down the whole debate anyway.

Re: Boris fails to turn up

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Boris and Farage failed to turn up at channel 4's climate leaders debate they were replaced by two blocks of melting ice with the Conservative party written on one block and the Brexit party written on the other block.

If the Tories and the Brexit party turn up for the next debate and I was Corbyn, Price, Sturgeon or Swinson and I wanted to address a point made by Boris or Farage I would say 'I would like to take issue with what the ice cube says on that point'.

Boris Johnson sent his father and Gove but they were not allowed on as it was a leaders debate, talk now that the Cons are now threatening C4’s broadcast licence, there is footage of the pair in the foyer looking lost and then a 15 year old girl starts lambasting Gove over Boris not turning up.

The right wing have no solutions on the climate topic, there again the right wing have no solutions on any topic.
    It was a good sensible debate between the leaders of Labour, Lib-Dems, SNP, Plaid and the Greens and if the Conservative and Brexit party leaders had turned up then no doubt they would have dumbed down the whole debate anyway.
    It's just the latest example of the Steve Bannon influence on Johnson and his party.

He did the right thing.
    The participants were lightweight marginal nutters who'd only have ganged up on him and it's hard to see what was to be gained by taking part.
    These marginal groups of loonies managed to frustrate parliamentary and democratic process during the last session of the house and during the last three years by working together and I can't see why you'd give them a chance to do it again on tv.

Let's hope their days of collective tantrums against the majority opinion halting progress are over and no one has to go to their yogurt knitting party if they don't want to. The only people who'd watch it without any serious contenders taking part are already set in their opinions.

In the event, the most likely participant to be in power was the block of ice.

'Diddums' was my immediate thought regarding the story I have linked to. Any politicians ducking out of such programmes before such an important vote deserve such mockery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50596192

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    'Diddums' was my immediate thought regarding the story I have linked to. Any politicians ducking out of such programmes before such an important vote deserve such mockery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50596192
    I wonder if Johnson said to Channel 4 "I'm busy looking good so put it on Ice"?

I thought Mr Johnson and Mr Farage cooled the situation.

Boris still hiding from Andrew Neil.

Looks like he's working on his chicken impersonation!

Boris and chicken.jpg

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202676205289459712

Think he's being a bit harsh there. After all, we've seen the man whose party manifesto includes what is referred to here;-

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/p...ean-convention

telling us how he likes to eat scones and taking a selfie with Phillip and Holly in the past week - it's hardly as if he is avoiding appearing on telly, just that he's not keen on a certain kind of television.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1202676205289459712

Think he's being a bit harsh there. After all, we've seen the man whose party manifesto includes what is referred to here;-

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/p...ean-convention

telling us how he likes to eat scones and taking a selfie with Phillip and Holly in the past week - it's hardly as if he is avoiding appearing on telly, just that he's not keen on a certain kind of television.
    There was that great interview where Johnson was challenged by a BBC reporter and he said "but I'm talking to you". The reporter replied "this is a five minute chat in a farm shop"

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Boris still hiding from Andrew Neil.

Looks like he's working on his chicken impersonation!

Boris and chicken.jpg
    Fowl play.

I see the old faithful "Senior Conservative source" has prepared something for their spokeswoman to issue this morning - seems we're all sick and tired now of the format the Tories exploited to diss Corbyn and others following their interviews with Andrew Neil.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...80524286595073

Has Johnson been telling porkies again?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ms-says-corbyn

I see the old faithful "Senior Conservative source" has prepared something for their spokeswoman to issue this morning - seems we're all sick and tired now of the format the Tories exploited to diss Corbyn and others following their interviews with Andrew Neil.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...80524286595073
    Some truth in there as they are not great viewing.

Boris has ducked perhaps wisely lets be honest it won't be the election turning point , perhaps the biggest error was on those who appeared as most politicians are not quick of mind as there structure is process driven , the interviews are one sided events as the interview is loaded with all the armoury, and just picks holes in the vulnerable issues , MP 's would never be able to know every fact , figure and policy as advisors and committees create all this stuff.

Lets remember Mrs Abbots /Mays car crash moments in the last election .

What does it matter, do you honsetly think the majoity of voters watch this crap, they do perhaps hear the next day headline grab when the media feeds and picks on its narrow awkward moments .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Boris has ducked perhaps wisely lets be honest it won't be the election turning point , perhaps the biggest error was on those who appeared as most politicians are not quick of mind as there structure is process driven , the interviews are one sided events as the interview is loaded with all the armoury, and just picks holes in the vulnerable issues , MP 's would never be able to know every fact , figure and policy as advisors and committees create all this stuff.

What does it matter, do you honsetly think the majoity of voters watch this crap, they do perhaps hear the next day headline grab when the media feeds and picks on its narrow awkward moments .
    It's called being accountable. Maybe it doesn't matter to you.

But we've got the most untrustworthy PM (possibly of all time) with a strong track record of flat out lying at time when the future of the UK as a union is genuinely at risk, not to mention the quality of life for millions of low income families. So yes, accountability is important.

They are relying on exactly the kind of apathy and disinterest that you display.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's called being accountable. Maybe it doesn't matter to you.

But we've got the most untrustworthy PM (possibly of all time) with a strong track record of flat out lying at time when the future of the UK as a union is genuinely at risk, not to mention the quality of life for millions of low income families. So yes, accountability is important.

They are relying on exactly the kind of apathy and disinterest that you display.
    Congratulations on having the stamina to play along with LOM's nonsense but it isn't apathy it is flat-out desperate bias. If Johnson had done the interview and Corbyn was steering clear his take would be completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Congratulations on having the stamina to play along with LOM's nonsense but it isn't apathy it is flat-out desperate bias. If Johnson had done the interview and Corbyn was steering clear his take would be completely different.
    Nope i think everyone one who appears lies and its media circus , Dec 12th is the decision day so the trusted ones will win

According to virtually every poll there's been in this campaign, Johnson is going to still be PM come Friday. Tell me, do you trust a man who won't even answer the question "how many children have you got?"? The thing is, trust is no longer a required commodity when it comes to voting on both sides of the Atlantic - you are right about the Andrew Neil interview, Johnson could have been interviewed while screwing Jennifer Arcuri and the "get Brexit done" crowd would still have voted for him.

Some balance, LOM style.

Some balance, LOM style.

you do know that obfuscates is to make obscure, unclear, or unintelligible , and its aimed at Boris ?

you do know that obfuscates is to make obscure, unclear, or unintelligible , and its aimed at Boris ?
    You do know that a tweet from the Chief Political Editor of the BBC that seeks to intimate equivalence between the Prime Minister seeking to cover up the true consequences of the deal he has negotiated that will impact Great Britain and Norther Ireland for a generation and the Leader of the Opposition being reluctant to say whether he puts his slippers on to watch the Queen's Speech or is down the allotment which Lardy called an example of LoM style balance was aimed at you ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You do know that a tweet from the Chief Political Editor of the BBC that seeks to intimate equivalence between the Prime Minister seeking to cover up the true consequences of the deal he has negotiated that will impact Great Britain and Norther Ireland for a generation and the Leader of the Opposition being reluctant to say whether he puts his slippers on to watch the Queen's Speech or is down the allotment which Lardy called an example of LoM style balance was aimed at you ?
    All I see is balance and one must have that .

I think the lady in question was trying to paint an (ironic) picture between two peoples ability of being obscure, unclear, or unintelligible on matters of both importance and trivial, when both were asked a direct question.

It doesnt matter what the subject is, the point is one used obfuscates skills to avoid a complex question , the other used a obfuscate skill to not answer propely a simply question, making them both obfuscates.

Yes mate, I know what all the words mean. I'm saying that this the kind of thing you (hilariously) say is balance, and judging by your reply above, I'm correct.

In other words, Johnson's lie will affect everyone's lives deeply and Corbyn's will not. How can you say that is balance?

Heisenberg

Yes mate, I know what all the words mean. I'm saying that this the kind of thing you (hilariously) say is balance, and judging by your reply above, I'm correct.

In other words, Johnson's lie will affect everyone's lives deeply and Corbyn's will not. How can you say that is balance?
    Just for balance - I'm not sure life on mars understood the context of the tweet or the point of your post - so you can't really question his 'balance' on this one. He's definitely diving in head first though to defend everything Tory, bless him. He's voting Lib Dems too.

What's that word Thatcher used to use? "Frit" wasn't it, but, who cares, he's going to "get Brexit done" .https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...itain-17398353

What's that word Thatcher used to use? "Frit" wasn't it, but, who cares, he's going to "get Brexit done" .https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...itain-17398353
    ChurCHILLian