+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incident on London Bridge.

Re: Incident on London Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Came across a post on Twitter about this, they froze the screen and zoomed in, the white ‘package’ had a very similar pattern to a McDonald’s double cheeseburger.
    Burka King maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Massive respect to the people who tackled him to the ground, the must have big kahuna's
    its time to fight back. we're getting tired of being scared..so anger kicks in and adrenaline flows. probably

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Massive respect to the people who tackled him to the ground, the must have big kahuna's
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think you mean cojones.
    No, he's talking about the alleged burger that the guy threw to the ground. Blue Matt must have been talking about the fictional Big Kahuna burger from Pulp Fiction.

(He meant cojones).

The way the man walks away calmly holding the knife in a way not disturb fingerprints suggests he might be ex military, police?

As he lept to help without fear also supports this possiblity ?

Poor that the Telegraph published his face .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The way the man walks away calmly holding the knife in a way not disturb fingerprints suggests he might be ex military, police?

As he lept to help without fear also supports this possiblity ?

Poor that the Telegraph published his face .
    God knows. It's an extraordinary situation, impossible to know much so no point in speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jesus, bloke gets involved with wrestling a knife away from a crazy murderous bastard and people are debating whether or not he was shifting a bag of ching. There's some serious shithousery happening on social media. Consequences for this bloke are huge.
    You mean 'chang'

Racist

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    God knows. It's an extraordinary situation, impossible to know much so no point in speculating.
    Indeed still fancied pointing it out he ran over the street jumped the barrier as well, I know its not Liam Neeson though 😉 ??

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think you mean cojones.
    Or Bacunas...

First named victim was at school with my daughter's other half.

Tragic loss of someone who wanted to achieve something better for himself and society

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50615926

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    First named victim was at school with my daughter's other half.
    That is very sad news .

Election time as well .
    Not for the first time these things happen near elections

That is very sad news .
    An unfortunate coincidence that,as my daughter was ringing me to check if I was OK, not far away her other half's friend had been mortally stabbed.

A bereaved father showing a dignity others have been unable to match;-

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...k-dave-merritt

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Dave Merritt, what a man, a beacon of hope. What a better place the world would be if we all took a leaf out of his book. To be so level headed and decent in the horrible situation he’s in deserves the utmost respect and praise.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dave Merritt, what a man, a beacon of hope. What a better place the world would be if we all took a leaf out of his book. To be so level headed and decent in the horrible situation he’s in deserves the utmost respect and praise.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

A much bigger man than me.

Most criminals are dangerous scumbags and to encourage your children to have anything to do with them is like encouraging your children to play on the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If we took a leaf out of his book we'd all be dead. Criminals prey on weakness and forgiveness. They have no sympathy for anyone but themselves. Forget the Bishop's candlesticks. That only works in fiction. Criminals only respect punishment.

I would find no forgiveness if my child or grandchild had been taken in this appalling way.
    This terrorist clearly knew the goodness in Jack Merritt, he was a lad who went the extra mile for forgiveness and did it voluntarily , for me that makes the terrorist pure evil and beyond help or worthy of it , same goes for 7/7 , London Bridge , Manchester Arena killings and attrociries in France who didnt even go to war in Iraq .

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    If we took a leaf out of his book we'd all be dead. Criminals prey on weakness and forgiveness. They have no sympathy for anyone but themselves. Forget the Bishop's candlesticks. That only works in fiction. Criminals only respect punishment.
    But you also think that criminals are born bad.

So how can punishment work?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But you also think that criminals are born bad.

So how can punishment work?
    Animals like wolves and lions are born to prey on other creatures but they usually avoid humans because they know we are a risky meal. Most criminals are born without a conscience so they will prey on you if they can but, like wild animals, they will weigh up the risk of doing so. The likelihood of punishment plays the role conscience does in normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    In my opinion Dave Merritt is showing unique strength not weakness.