+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea, Fulham. How many of our squad would get a game ?

Swansea, Fulham. How many of our squad would get a game ?

I'm not trying to be deliberately controversial, I honestly have gone through every single player in our squad and can't think of one..

Just about sums up how difficult a job Neil Harris has taken on.

Re: Swansea, Fulham. How many of our squad would get a game ?

Probably quite a few actually.

Etheridge is better than Woodman for a start.
    Hoilett isn’t better than any of those wingers on the pitch is he?

a good team unit is more effective than individual players, as you know, so who knows maybe Neil Harris will instill some kind of team ethic from this lot to create a run, we drew 1-1 against Fulham at home earlier in the season, and marginally lost 1-0 in the away fixture at Swansea, and that was playing Warnockball, neither are that great

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Etheridge is better than Woodman for a start.
    Hoilett isn’t better than any of those wingers on the pitch is he?
    Did Hoilett play on Tuesday ? He's a fine player but doesn't have the energy levels to keep going 90 minutes..

Easy to criticise your own team as they’re the ones you see the most.
    Everyone dribbles over Swansea and Fulham because they played good football 10 years ago.
    Fulham are on a decent run of 4 wins, before that they were just as shit as us.
    Scott Parker is as thick as mince as well, Bilic and Bielsa piss all over him.

Swansea are useless at home apart from when they play us. In fact they’ve been average at best since September.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Did Hoilett play on Tuesday ? He's a fine player but doesn't have the energy levels to keep going 90 minutes..
    So Hoilett doesn’t get in either of those teams then?
    If so, who is a better winger than him that plays for Swansea and for Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    a good team unit is more effective than individual players, as you know, so who knows maybe Neil Harris will instill some kind of team ethic from this lot to create a run, we drew 1-1 against Fulham at home earlier in the season, and marginally lost 1-0 in the away fixture at Swansea, and that was playing Warnockball, neither are that great
    Warnock put together a squad of allsorts. The common denominator was they could follow a game plan to the letter. When the game plan wasn't working for the 3rd season there wasn't any other way he could get them to play together and produce results. I agree the sum of the parts is greater than the individual components, but we're so short of the players required at this level it's going to take a lot of rebuilding..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    So Hoilett doesn’t get in either of those teams then?
    If so, who is a better winger than him that plays for Swansea and for Fulham.
    I think he'd be knackered after 30 minutes, though he is probably our best footballer..

Warnock put together a squad of allsorts. The common denominator was they could follow a game plan to the letter. When the game plan wasn't working for the 3rd season there wasn't any other way he could get them to play together and produce results. I agree the sum of the parts is greater than the individual components, but we're so short of the players required at this level it's going to take a lot of rebuilding..
    I agree, the side has no balance, and it hasn't had for a while... but with that being said we are still only 5 points behind Swansea with a game 'in hand' to play

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I agree, the side has no balance, and it hasn't had for a while... but with that being said we are still only 5 points behind Swansea with a game 'in hand' to play
    Extrapolated out to the end of the season that's 13 points. I think it also fair to say we've won more points this season when we haven't deserved them , than lost points when we should have. Also tonight Swansea made 2 poor defensive errors to give Fulham their goals. Something City don't often do. Our defenders may be better disciplined than Swansea's, though it doesn't make them the better footballers..

I'm not trying to be deliberately controversial, I honestly have gone through every single player in our squad and can't think of one..

How were we better than both these teams last season but this season we are definitely third best?

Extrapolated out to the end of the season that's 13 points. I think it also fair to say we've won more points this season when we haven't deserved them , than lost points when we should have. Also tonight Swansea made 2 poor defensive errors to give Fulham their goals. Something City don't often do. Our defenders may be better disciplined than Swansea's, though it doesn't make them the better footballers..
    We’ve made numerous defensive errors this season, which has been part of the problem.

How many Swansea players get in the Fulham team.?

I reckon we will overtake Swansea and finish above them.

They had 7 years in the PL a great achievement. But after this season what are they left with. GK on loan. V der Horn gone. Ayew gone Baston gone Surridge on loan. But never mind their fans will be delighted cos players they have developed are doing really well elsewhere.

Not sure

But I’ve just seen the league table and noticed we’ve scored 5 less than the expensive Fulham which is r a disgrace with a game in hand, and we’ve actually scored 2 more than the free flowing jacks with a game in hand

To my knowledge since Aug 2017 he has played non-stop for in Summer 2018 and Summer 2019 he played for Canada, too. To date that's 28 months football without a break.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    How were we better than both these teams last season but this season we are definitely third best?
    Camarasa, Arter, Gunnarson, Bamba & Manga is why we were better last season.