+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City set to make a profit on Bobby Reid transfer to Fulham

Cardiff City set to make a profit on Bobby Reid transfer to Fulham

The appointment of a new manager at Cardiff City prompted many fans to question whether the door was still ajar for Bobby Reid's return.

After all, the playmaker left Cardiff City Stadium this summer after he believed his style of football conflicted too much with Neil Warnock's philosophy.

He penned a season-long loan to West London on deadline day, but it was understood at the time that his deal would become a permanent one at the end of the season.

While many accepted that would be the case, some wondered if new boss Neil Harris had any say over whether he could put the kibosh on that move becoming final next summer.

However, WalesOnline has learned that there were two conditional clauses in Reid's contract at Fulham which, if met, would see his move become permanent.

The first clause is that he would have to make five appearances for Fulham and that box has certainly been ticked.

The second was that if Fulham were relegated from the Championship then he could return to the Bluebirds. With Fulham tipped by many to be promoted this season and currently sitting in third place, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

So it means, then, to all intents and purposes, both of the conditional clauses in Reid's contract are due to be met and he will become a Fulham player permanently in the summer.

It is also understood that City are set to make money on the deal.

The Bluebirds forked out £8.5m to sign the player from Bristol City in a bid to beef up their forward line for the Premier League campaign.

However, it is thought that the deal will eventually net Cardiff £10m, which will represent a £1.5m profit.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ulham-17338408

Re: Cardiff City set to make a profit on Bobby Reid transfer to Fulham

Five appearances to make the move permanent doesn't seem like very many.

I’d have him back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    I’d have him back !!
    Me too. Maybe 'our new Neil will use him well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Five appearances to make the move permanent doesn't seem like very many.
    Tells you all you want to know. He was drop kicked out.

Sad

Seems to be on the treatment table a lot .

I'd take the profit, hes a good Championship player however I feel he wouldn't be a consistant Premiership player .

Yes but he could help us get back to the Prem - in my opinion he’s much better than any striker we’ve got plus he’s exciting to watch 🤩

He's got pace, movement and not a bad first touch... I fail to see how he'd fit in.

By time take agents fee, signing on fee, and last years wages into account I’d highly doubt we are in profit.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Tells you all you want to know. He was drop kicked out.

Sad
    I heard that he wanted to leave since the end of last season.

He asked to leave to join his boyhood favourite club, so wasn't ‘drop kicked out’ and we have sold him for a profit. Not a bad bit of business at the end of the day but unfortunately this scenario doesn't fit in with a number of peoples agenda against Neil Warnock and the clubs transfer ‘failings’, so the story gets twisted around. He cant return anyway, as there is no release clause and Fulham have an option to purchase for an agreed fee after he has made 5 appearances, which he already has. He has hardly set the world on fire there either. Get over it.

No profit if you take a year's wages into account.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He asked to leave to join his boyhood favourite club, so wasn't ‘drop kicked out’ and we have sold him for a profit. Not a bad bit of business at the end of the day but unfortunately this scenario doesn't fit in with a number of peoples agenda against Neil Warnock and the clubs transfer ‘failings’, so the story gets twisted around. He cant return anyway, as there is no release clause and Fulham have an option to purchase for an agreed fee after he has made 5 appearances, which he already has. He has hardly set the world on fire there either. Get over it.
    But what if Fulham choose not to exercise their right to purchase?
    Just because some of us can see through Warnock’s narcissistic agenda which saw durge hoofball result in an unexpected promotion, which the club didn’t prepare for and Warnock made a mess of - don’t come with the “we nearly made it argument”, which only arises because Brighton were so poor.
    If you were at a club that played hoofball and weren’t getting picked, would you stick around when you had the chance to join your boyhood club, who play proper football and have a better chance of promotion than Warnock’s donkeys?
    Reid was treated shabbily and it’s time for all the Warnock lovers to see him for what he really was.
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 30-11-19 at 15:08. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    I’d have him back !!
    I wouldn’t even the wurzels were laughing at this one, one good season.

Boyhood very club? That’s plain odd. A kid growing up in Bristol 20 years ago? Fulham were in league 1 or 2 weren’t they?

My feelings exactly , think he has an attitude as well .

If he had stayed with us with the same bench and treatment time and lack of goals he'd be worth far less than we got for him , so great bit of business in my view .

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    But what if Fulham choose not to exercise their right to purchase?
    Just because some of us can see through Warnock’s narcissistic agenda which saw durge hoofball result in an unexpected promotion, which the club didn’t prepare for and Warnock made a mess of - don’t come with the “we nearly made it argument”, which only arises because Brighton were so poor.
    If you were at a club that played hoofball and weren’t getting picked, would you stick around when you had the chance to join your boyhood club, who play proper football and have a better chance of promotion than Warnock’s donkeys?
    Reid was treated shabbily and it’s time for all the Warnock lovers to see him for what he really was.
    Fulham - ‘proper football’ - give me a break. They have to exercise their ‘option’ on Reid as well, its in the contract as long as he makes 5 appearances. No doubt you were one of the Fulham ‘lovers’ who couldn't deal with the fact that we finished above them in both the last two seasons and they were absolute rubbish last season, spending most of the time passing the ball back and forth across their back four, getting absolutely nowhere, caught in possession and getting hammered. And its time for all ‘Warnock haters’ to be seen for what they really are - people who know bog all about football and have nothing positive to say about anything to do with Cardiff City.

Heisenberg

Fulham - ‘proper football’ - give me a break. They have to exercise their ‘option’ on Reid as well, its in the contract as long as he makes 5 appearances. No doubt you were one of the Fulham ‘lovers’ who couldn't deal with the fact that we finished above them in both the last two seasons and they were absolute rubbish last season, spending most of the time passing the ball back and forth across their back four, getting absolutely nowhere, caught in possession and getting hammered. And its time for all ‘Warnock haters’ to be seen for what they really are - people who know bog all about football and have nothing positive to say about anything to do with Cardiff City.
    Did you manage to find the source of your information that Sheffield United paid at least £2m in loan fees for Madine? I'm sure that you found it right away and you've just forgotten to post it, right?

You sound like something out of George Orwell’s 1984.
    Or maybe 1984 is where your football mind is, because you’re obviously quite happy with Plucky Little Cardiff City who just knock it long and hope for the best.
    You don’t get to decide who supports Cardiff City with your self-righteous Warnock is King attitude, so don’t go thinking that everyone has to toe the party line.
    We’ve endured many years of our club being behind the times in the way it is set up and run. Some of us want it to get into the 21st Century, rather than stuck in the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I heard that he wanted to leave since the end of last season.
    Yeah. Because that old ****er that bought him and couldn’t use him didn’t play him.

No, your hero that bought him couldn’t use him so he wanted out due to not playing as much as he’d like, now your new hero can’t even give him a run because your old hero ****ed him off.

You’re a mumbling idiot. Stop talking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Boyhood very club? That’s plain odd. A kid growing up in Bristol 20 years ago? Fulham were in league 1 or 2 weren’t they?

And you had a moan at me calling you thick

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    No profit if you take a year's wages into account.
    Even more when you amortise a year off his contract. Even more when Fulham pay his wages, plus probably a loan fee, then amortise another season.

Profit on the accounts will be around £6m

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Even more when you amortise a year off his contract. Even more when Fulham pay his wages, plus probably a loan fee, then amortise another season.

Profit on the accounts will be around £6m
    Yep , again a good bit of business then .

Unfortunately ordinary folk cannot afford the luxury in life to sulk and say I want to leave , I don't like the mangers way.

My message to Mr Reid , you must be daft OR THINK WE ARE , if you didn't know what Warnock football looks like , but hey it didn't bother you at the time [I]as the cash incentive was big and hid the pain that we didn't play like Brasil.

Lets be fair when you did play you did okay ran, around a bit quicker than others, however you didn't really deliver in the Premiership .

You and your agent then spotted another opportunity to start a drop off in training and in form , allow us to question your loyalty and force the sale , knowing those behaviors you force the offload and gosh you got to maintain your high wage scale .

What have you done since ,not very much , and in my view that's why we put a simple buy clause into the loan ( play 5 games ), we know you didn't want to play for us anyway and got our dosh back .

A sign of a goo player is one that can adapt under any tactic and develop himself and show commitment something Mr Reid lacks, even Mr Tomlin did it this year under Warnock , just applied himself and tried harder .

If Fulham go up will you go with them after such a blistering injury table contribution to their season ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep , again a good bit of business then .

Unfortunately ordinary folk cannot afford the luxury in life to sulk and say I want to leave , I don't like the mangers way.

My message to Mr Reid , you must be daft OR THINK WE ARE , if you didn't know what Warnock football looks like , but hey it didn't bother you at the time [I]as the cash incentive was big and hid the pain that we didn't play like Brasil.

Lets be fair when you did play you did okay ran, around a bit quicker than others, however you didn't really deliver in the Premiership .

You and your agent then spotted another opportunity to start a drop off in training and in form , allow us to question your loyalty and force the sale , knowing those behaviors you force the offload and gosh you got to maintain your high wage scale .

What have you done since ,not very much , and in my view that's why we put a simple buy clause into the loan ( play 5 games ), we know you didn't want to play for us anyway and got our dosh back .

A sign of a goo player is one that can adapt under any tactic and develop himself and show commitment something Mr Reid lacks, even Mr Tomlin did it this year under Warnock , just applied himself and tried harder .

If Fulham go up will you go with them after such a blistering injury table contribution to their season ?
    I hope your letter reaches Mr. Decordova Reid.