Neil Harris's post match comments (courtesy of WOL)

A furious Neil Harris took aim at referee Robert Jones after Cardiff City's win over Nottingham Forest, branding his officiating a 'disgrace'.

Harris's gripe specifically related to Jones's lack of protection from Gary Madine, who was battered and bruised by the physical Forest defence.

The raucous home support booed and jeered Madine as he came crashing to the ground it Jones appeared to agree with them, handing Forest a handful of fouls at Madine's expense.

Those decisions were much to the annoyance of Harris, who believes Jones's mind had been made up before the game regarding who was going to be at fault and the Bluebirds boss launched a withering attack on the referee.

"I thought the protection he got from the referee was a disgrace," Harris fumed.

"The referee gave him absolutely nothing.

"He went up against two centre halves and a holding midfielder, Ben Watson, in front of him and he was better than the three of them put together.

"He got nothing from the referee. The referee had made his mind up before seeing Gary that he was going to give fouls against him.

"Unfortunately that's what that referee does."

Despite the rough treatment from both the Forest defence and, according to Harris, the referee, Madine was superb for most of the afternoon.

He battled for every ball, went up for every header and pressed the hosts' back four tirelessly.
The travelling City supporters showed their appreciation for the Bluebirds striker when he left the field and it just reward for a brilliant afternoon.

Harris admitted that Madine had been written off, but he knows that performances like that will go a long way to silencing the critics.

"I thought he was outstanding,

"The fans, again, hugely appreciated his contribution, the team certainly do and I certainly do.

"Goals for Gary Madine have not happened in a Cardiff City shirt yet, but if he keeps having the input he is, I'm sure he will score goals.

"Gary knows he has to keep to his standards because he's always got to impress.

"He's not just impressing me, he's impressing everyone in the changing room and every one of the fans that come to watch.

"Because, let's be honest, Gary's been written off. But he is showing everyone at the moment what a good player he can be.

"When Gary Madine adds goals to his game then he is a really, really top player."