+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's that coming over the hill? Great chopra interview here

What's that coming over the hill? Great chopra interview here

Re: What's that coming over the hill? Great chopra interview here

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Thanks. I enjoyed reading that.

That is a damned good read - and so is the link within to the Eddie Johnson interview.

Fair play good read.

Although not maybe as “warts and all” as I was expecting after the writer billed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Cheers for that.👍

A good read. And a great striker. 😊

Now Chops was great for us, i will always thank him for that goal V the Jacks, his goal at home V Bristol and his hot boot celebration, one of my fav city strikers, though Dale and stanty edge it for me ( right time, right place )

read the article, not sure i buy the following though, was he checking his phone for his bets ? ? ? I can see CB losing it over that, reading CB autobiography now ( up to his 1st stint at liverpool at the mo, so not got to his cardiff time yet )

The beef with Bellamy
    He remembers one game, Bristol City away, when he went to look at his phone at half time to read a motivational message from Steve Black, who has worked with top professionals like Jonny Wilkinson.

Bellamy, however, was having none of it.

"Craig Bellamy was there and I think he was giving it to the owners that they need to get me out," Chopra says.

"He had been at Man City, the professionalism there, coming to Cardiff and looking at me, he didn't think I was professional enough.

"He wasn't happy one game, Bristol City away I think it was. I was superstitious and would check my phone at half time.

"It wasn't there and I said, 'Gaffer, someone has pinched my phone.'

"Bellamy had told one of the physios to get my phone out of my pocket and hide it somewhere so I wouldn't look at it and it wouldn't distract me.

"So I just said to him, 'Listen, I want my phone or I'm not f****** going back out after half-time.

"Since then, he probably thought I'm not professional enough for Cardiff City if they want to try and get into the Premier League."