+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubs you can't stand

Clubs you can't stand

I find it quite fascinating how some City fans end up having a strong dislike for some teams. Swansea, Bristol City and Rovers, Newport, Leeds I can understand. Successful clubs also attract dislike - I remember detesting Man Utd when Fergie was there.

But, beyond that, does anyone have a team they can't stand beyond that?

Re: Clubs you can't stand

United , Liverpool , Chelsea , arsenal , spurs , Leeds , Swansea , Bristol city , wolves , Aston villa , QPR , Exeter city

Forest, Celtic, Birmingham, Villa, Wolves, QPR, Leeds, Jacks, Newport, Bristol City, Portsmouth, Southampton, Palace and Stoke

Not necessarily in any order.. Newport.

Stoke in the early 2000s? Wolves? Remember disliking Sheffield United around a decade ago too... Can’t say I’m that bothered about many now from a city perspective.

This season made me realise I’m just not arsed about the jacks - didn’t watch the city during the rebrand so hadn’t seen us play them for 8 years, when it came round again this season it didn’t feel like much of a derby to me anymore.

Still have a dislike of the wurzels though from the Scott Murray era.

Leeds, Swansea, Bristol City, Chelsea, AC Milan, Real Madrid.

Stoke due to the Ramsey incident

Rangers

Hereford united after nearly getting a leathering there in 1990

I was living in Oxford and the train home wasn't due till seven pm

Hereford had a huge mob of big eared farmer boys out for us that day and chased us all the way back to the station

Me and two aberdare boys spent an hour hiding in the garden centre opposite the train station pretending to be shoppers as the tractor drivers sniffed welsh blood

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hereford united after nearly getting a leathering there in 1990

I was living in Oxford and the train home wasn't due till seven pm

Hereford had a huge mob of big eared farmer boys out for us that day and chased us all the way back to the station

Me and two aberdare boys spent an hour hiding in the garden centre opposite the train station pretending to be shoppers as the tractor drivers sniffed welsh blood
    Is that garden centre still in operation? Look at what happened to Mothercare.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that garden centre still in operation? Look at what happened to Mothercare.....
    I don't know , the last time I went to Hereford I drove a minibus , travelling by train brought back too many bad memories

Its OK for grown men to hide in toilets

Dislike?

ManUre, Arse, Newcastle, Leeds, Wurzles, QPR, Blackpool, Rangers, Real Madrid

Leeds, Bristol City, Stoke for obvious reasons but a new one is Plymouth Argyle.

I was at a friends party and turns out his new brides brother was from down that way. As soon as he found out i was "Cardiff" he didn't stop talking football and the more pissed he got the more vocal and abusive he got - to the point of calling me a Welsh C**t and how he hates us all!! Went down a treat, and yes he did have a slap

So Plymouth Argyle for me just because of this little rat idiot.

Bristol City, Rangers, West Ham, Millwall, Chelsea, Leeds, Aston Villa and Hearts.

Newport? That's like disliking Accrington Stanley

Leeds, Swansea, Newport, Bristol City, Stoke, Villa, Man U, Chelsea, Real, Rangers, Hearts, Milan, Bayern, Blackpool, Milton Keynes, Charlton, West Ham. It changes. I used to hate Arsenal. Don't mind them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bristol City, Rangers, West Ham, Millwall, Chelsea, Leeds, Aston Villa and Hearts.

Newport? That's like disliking Accrington Stanley
    Not if you had to work there for 13 years.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Grange Albion

Liverpool.

Chelsea, Swansea City, Aston Villa, Southampton, Millwall and for some inexplicable reason, TNS.

Liverpool and Celtic for the most annoying fans and plastics everywhere and Newport’s for being so ugly

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Grange Albion
    Whats your beef?? Up the albions

Swansea, Bristol City, Real Madrid and Arsenal. Newcastle do my head in and all cos they think they're a bigger club than they are.

Burnley. Brexit in a football club

Newport,Jacks,Bristol City and for some strange reason Hull

Millwall and Leeds.

Internationally i used to dislike the Scots. I was too young for Anfield in 78 but heard the horror stories from those there.

First couple of encounters of them really made me dislike them. Worst fans ive ever come across.

Things seemed to have changed since the 80s though and with Marshall and recently Patterson that dislike has gone.

Manchester Utd Liverpool , Chelski , Arsenal ,Bristol , Leeds ,Stoke ,Swansea.