+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clubs you like

Re: Clubs you like

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Snap. Arsenal as I’ve watched them a **** load with my mate, Liverpool under Klopp, Man City under Pep, starting to keep a look out for Brighton results, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, Rochdale play decent stuff and promote youth. Probably more but I’m tired.
    I’ll add Leicester too.

Always had a soft spot for Leyton Orient, liked the names of Hamilton Academicals and Partick Thistle as a kid and stuck with them both. Loved watching Dundee United beating Barcelona at the Nou Camp in the 80s, Newport and I've always hoped Workington could get back in the Football League after watching them in their last match at County in 1977.

St Pauli 2 Hamburg 0 was my favourite result in a foreign league in ages.

Leicester, Norwich, Shrewsbury, Newport, West Ham. Theres probably others.

I like to see all the Welsh clubs do well, that includes the jacks. Hope Wrexham don't go down a division.

In the mid 70s when City were playing away my dad would sometimes take me to see Cewnty play. Hence I guess I call them my 2nd team, although I haven't been to see them play (unless playing us of course) since about '78

Had a soft spot for Hereford since I saw them knock Newcastle out of the Cup, and they are almost Welsh lol.

No one else I don't think

Macc Town - I live in Macc and work at the club. Others I always look out for are the local clubs near me like Leek Town and Hyde United. I want all the local teams to do well like Stockport, Rochdale, Bury (as was), etc as I know how difficult it is living in the shadows of Utd and City. I volunteer at parkrun at weekends and the junior one is very telling as most of the young lads wear their football shirts. I have only seen two Macc Town shirts in the year it has been running. City, Utd and Liverpool as well as the odd Barcelona/Real Madrid shirt are the main ones. There is one kid who turns up every week in his Crystal Palace shirt.

Bayern

Coventry, lived there for 5 years in late 80's to early 90's. They ain't half been through some shit in recent years.

Gillingham as my best mate is a season ticket holder and been to Priestfield more than any other away ground as a result.

Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Cheltenham, Borussia Monchen Gladbach

For some strange reason I always as a kid looked out for the results of Hamilton, Berwick and Queen's Park. My favourite club other than the City always used to be Man City. I've never liked Liverpool but I think Klopp is brilliant.

International

Liverpool since I was little, Stranraer, Juventus Leyton Orient and I used to like going to the Boleyn to watch the hammers on a weekday evening, but for the craic not the team. Wouldn't cross the street to see them elsewhere.

Peterborough.
    Mainly because I have gone up to the beer festival they have on every year for the last 20 odd years. My 2nd home. Proper real Ale Town. Charters bar the floating barge on the river opposite the ground

Celtic, Forest, Wrexham

First Team

Actually have/had a season ticket: Cardiff, Olympique Lyonnais, Phoenix Rising

Attended the odd game because I lived there: Barry Town, Coventry City, Southampton, Stirling Albion, Nottingham Forest, AC Milan, Chesterfield

A guy I got talking to on holiday was from Chesterfield but who supported Arsenal. Ever year him and several of his mates make a pilgrimage to Stenhousemuir. I think it started as a weird suggestion by one of his mates but it is now set in stone to such a degree that officials of the club actively make them very welcome each year.

I’m surprised Fulham haven’t been mentioned the way people were dribbling over them during our promotion season!

Only joking of course!!

Stirling Albion for me. I worked for a company that was based in Stirling. I went to see a midweek game there on their plastic pitch once , late 80s, it was the coldest I have ever been at a game! I pretty much can't stand any teams in the English system except Spurs or Arsenal.

First Team

I actually played on Stirling's plastic pitch. You could rent it out for £50 a game.

St Pauli.
    Cwnty.
    Leicester.
    Spurs.
    Everton.
    Atletico Madrid.
    Juventus.
    Millwall.
    Palace.
    Watford.
    Port Vale.
    QPR.

Brisbane Roar, Manchester City, Arsenal, Cambridge United, Burnley all because I lived locally and went along to games when I couldn't get down the City.

Never forget Cambridge away that time....

Aston Villa. From the the school days
    Everton. From when we played them in the 70’s F A cup
    Rangers. As my Scottish team

Borussia Dortmund, I like their cool kits and that massive yellow wall

Also St Pauli like everybody else

Aalesund in Norway as I have friends there and have visited the town several times. My boy has a thing for Fort William as they've been rubbish for years.

Cardiff City,Swansea City,Newport County and Wrexham in that order! As a Welshman I support all our clubs and WALES of course in any sport Included Ruby 🏉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿!

Jacobs Mint