+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing Against The Jacks

Re: Playing Against The Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not in my experience. Admittedly, their rivalry has diminished somewhat in recent years due to league positions, but I'm pretty sure most Bristol City fans would tell you they regard Rovers as their number one rivals.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...t-park-3595613
    Watched that, it was mentioned that England won, no mention whatsoever of the result of Bristol City v Bristol Rovers, slack journalism!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    As an oldie, the Jacks have never really bothered me- they were two divs below us when I started going to NP in 1970.
    The wurzels, mind...
    This.

Mentioned in another thread recently how it doesn’t feel much like a derby to me anymore.

Perhaps its getting older and living away from South Wales. I’m not from Cardiff either (or Swansea for that matter), so all that capital city/2nd city banter is pretty tired and means absolutely nothing to me.

Even for a relatively younger supporter the ties have been so infrequent, went through the ages of 13-22 without a meaningful game between the pair.

The travel restrictions and early KOs haven’t helped and definitely suck the life out of proceedings.

I remember? Late 99 early 2000s swansea came to ninian Park.
    They segregated the Swansea fans and Grange end fans with a green curtain thing. So couldn't have eyeball to eyeball banter.
    Ruined the occasion.
    I don't think we will ever get the atmosphere back to games, such as the autoglass in1993 where the Jack's scored if I recall in the last minute of normal/ extra time.

I have plenty of mates who follow Swansea but as far as I am concerned I support Cardiff city and any team playing Swansea

I have even had plastic Liverpool and United fans locally tell me I should wish them well as they are a fellow Welsh club !!!

To which I reply which fecking Welsh club do you support then ?

Dozy Welsh idiots

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not so sure with regard to the last sentence. They kind of look at rovers like we do at Newport. Since our rise up, beating them in countless occasions including a playoff and 6-1 at Ashton gate, 2 visits the PL, I think they hate us a lot more than they used too.
    They don’t play rovers much these days, whilst living among them for 5 years, they always went a bit twitchy when they found out I was a bluebird....
    On the Bristol City forum (www.otib.co.uk), they have a dedicated thread concerning all things Bristol Rovers. It has over 4 million views and more than 59,000 replies.
    To me that suggests they most definitely see Rovers as their main rivals.

Both Wurzel clubs hate us because of the wales England thing , been lots of trouble with rovers over the years , at eastville and twerton park and when they have come to ninian and that visit to the ccs for an evening game a few years back

But their main rivals are each other

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Both Wurzel clubs hate us because of the wales England thing , been lots of trouble with rovers over the years , at eastville and twerton park and when they have come to ninian and that visit to the ccs for an evening game a few years back

But their main rivals are each other
    Possibly more with rovers than city with us? Eastville, twerton Park

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This. The Jacks is an artificial derby, it will never have the intensity of the Wurzles derby.
    You can wander down the road , side by side with Bristol fans , and have been able to do so for a couple of years now .
    That’s not something you can do at Swansea .

I didn’t go to the most recent Swansea game , couldn’t be doing with the bus malarkey .
    Hardly felt anything when we lost other than disappointment in the performance .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have plenty of mates who follow Swansea but as far as I am concerned I support Cardiff city and any team playing Swansea

I have even had plastic Liverpool and United fans locally tell me I should wish them well as they are a fellow Welsh club !!!

To which I reply which fecking Welsh club do you support then ?

Dozy Welsh idiots
    Correct

It's worth mentioning that the atmosphere in the evening derby match when Chopra scored at the end was no better than the midday games.