+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Playing Against The Jacks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Playing Against The Jacks

As an oldie, the Jacks have never really bothered me- they were two divs below us when I started going to NP in 1970.
    The wurzels, mind...

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    As an oldie, the Jacks have never really bothered me- they were two divs below us when I started going to NP in 1970.
    The wurzels, mind...
    I started watching City in the eighties so Swansea were more prevalent for me, although we had some epic battles with Bristol City, especially the Game at Ashton Gate in 1990 which seemed to personify violence in every shape and form, although like us at the time, Swansea were a small club, not even medium sized where as Bristol City seemed a bigger club than both of us. Playing against the Jacks was down and dirty.

The wurzels, mind...
    This. The Jacks is an artificial derby, it will never have the intensity of the Wurzles derby.

Think it's in Fever Pitch that the author describes how derby game against Spurs has been spoilt by the extreme attention on the game and "the lads" going for a day out. Think we've got something similar and the result has been midday kick-offs, OTT media attention, fans crossing their fingers that young, Welsh CB's have picked up injuries, rank songs, dreary football and a distraction to the wider season.

The wurzels, mind...
    This.