+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A boost for the Academy?

A boost for the Academy?

If you believe what WalesOnline are reporting. Having said that they do have some good quotes from Ken Choo and James McCarthy. A Category One Academy status is also mentioned briefly so who knows. Can only applaud these plans.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...bring-17355120

Re: A boost for the Academy?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    If you believe what WalesOnline are reporting. Having said that they do have some good quotes from Ken Choo and James McCarthy. A Category One Academy status is also mentioned briefly so who knows. Can only applaud these plans.

They’ve said it all before though. Every change of manager the club comes out and says something like this.

I'll believe it when I see it

To get a Cat 1 a club has to have its own school and its own ground, so Leckwith wouldn't do. Let's hope this all comes true!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it
    Yes, I'm afraid I've reached the stage where talk is cheap as far as Cardiff City and their Academy are concerned. This is similar to what we were told when Paul Trollope was appointed and, whether our youngsters at the time were good enough to be included in the first team or not, it wasn't them who got him the sack - Trollope went solely because the senior players weren't doing the business.

Of course, it's good news that Category One status is being pursued and interesting to see that we, apparently, did have a sell on clause with Rabbi Matondo, but it seems to me that standards need to improve among existing Academy staff if we are to reach the stage talked about in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’ve said it all before though. Every change of manager the club comes out and says something like this.
    yesss!! let's stay positive

It’s not completely true to say we haven’t created a player since Declan John. What about Rabbi Matondo.

At the very least I would say the club is showing they're good at hearing what the fans are asking for: we've got mention of longer term plan, 14 years example given at Chelsea, bringing through talented youth players and seeing (talented) Cardiff City players proudly represent Wales. Tick, tick, tick.

Now lets see you (start to) put it into action over the next 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At the very least I would say the club is showing they're good at hearing what the fans are asking for: we've got mention of longer term plan, 14 years example given at Chelsea, bringing through talented youth players and seeing (talented) Cardiff City players proudly represent Wales. Tick, tick, tick.

Easy, We should poach the Jacks Academy staff?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

That’s how I read it. It seems very much like they’ve been listening to what we’ve been saying (not this board specifically obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Easy, We should poach the Jacks Academy staff?
    Didn’t they poach a load of ours in the first place?