+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So who are you voting for then ? Cards on the table

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So who are you voting for then ? Cards on the table

Confronted with the shambles of successive Tory governments over the last decade to enter a general election with them 10pc ahead in the polls either the general public or other political parties have lost their head. For me it's the latter. The Jeremy Corbyn Labour Party has been the most ineffectual and ineffective opposition to the chaos and embarrassment that has been perpetrated in our country's name over the last 4 years.

In sadness quite a bit of me wants Johnson to own the bullshit and false get it done hope he is pedalling so he can be held to account for the snake oil salesman he is, Still I owe it to my kids to try and register a vote that tries to give them the best future. Strangely in my constituency that means voting for the Labour candidate. Most of my life that would have been done willingly rather than reluctantly. If one outcome of the election is that Corbyn falls on his sword then it won't be a total disaster for me.

Re: So who are you voting for then ? Cards on the table

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Confronted with the shambles of successive Tory governments over the last decade to enter a general election with them 10pc ahead in the polls either the general public or other political parties have lost their head. For me it's the latter. The Jeremy Corbyn Labour Party has been the most ineffectual and ineffective opposition to the chaos and embarrassment that has been perpetrated in our country's name over the last 4 years.

In sadness quite a bit of me wants Johnson to own the bullshit and false get it done hope he is pedalling so he can be held to account for the snake oil salesman he is, Still I owe it to my kids to try and register a vote that tries to give them the best future. Strangely in my constituency that means voting for the Labour candidate. Most of my life that would have been done willingly rather than reluctantly. If one outcome of the election is that Corbyn falls on his sword then it won't be a total disaster for me.
    Broadly speaking, I agree with that, but I'm still struggling to bring myself around to voting Labour.

Sadly, I'm 100 per cent in the category discussed on Newsnight last night whose vote is going to be cast on the negative basis of trying to prevent a party from forming a majority Government rather than the positive approach which should, surely, be the way to go.

Yesterday's events gave us an insight into Johnson's character with the manner in which he sought to "deal" with awkward questioning (what on earth was he thinking of?) and his party's response to the situation as they tried to fabricate a story about a punch being thrown at one of their staff tells you all you need to know about the lowlife in high places of the what's in it for me party.

Backed by compliant political correspondents at the BBC and ITV, the lie would have been accepted as fact if the "punch" had not been filmed and, instead of nothing whatsoever appearing on the front pages of the Telegraph, Times, Mail, Express and Sun about what is being called Johnson's most awkward day of the campaign so far, those papers would have, doubtless, had lurid headlines about the assault on one of Matt Hancock's team plastered over their front pages.

There was a discussion on polling on Radio 5 I listened to yesterday and the thing which surprised me the most was that, apparently, 40 per cent of those who are going to vote were unable to name a single issue or event that had surfaced during the election campaign. That, for me, goes to the heart of why I think we're going to get a majority Conservative Government come Friday, but I live in a small amount of hope that the UK electorate will restore my faith in them and evict this disgrace of a Prime Minister and the party of spivs, shysters and no mark opportunists he leads.