+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You get what you deserve

Re: You get what you deserve

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    How do you think foodbanks work? How would you go and get your free "grub", as you called it?

I have an inkling that you have no idea which is why it's still making no sense why you'd compare WFA with foodbank usage.
    Stated previously why I made the comparison. Winter Fuel Payment and food received for no cost (free grub) are both gifted. That's as concise as I can explain it to you.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I seem to recall people get to collect when they gain a referral from the Jobcentre, maybe from other sources too. I sincerely hope this reply satisfies your exacting standards. If it doesn't then tough titty.
    By jove, you're on the right track. The Job Centre and other signatories (approved charities/local authority) give food bank vouchers to those who they have financially assessed and determined that they require an emergency food parcel due to their financial circumstances.

People can want free "grub" all they like, but unless they are deemed eligible by an approved assessor then they can't access a food bank. Even those that are eligible are restricted by how often they can access a food parcel.

Do you know what that means? It's not about the food being free, it's about you and your family not ****ing starving to death because you literally cannot afford to buy food.

Heisenberg

Stated previously why I made the comparison. Winter Fuel Payment and food received for no cost (free grub) are both gifted. That's as concise as I can explain it to you.
    Anyone of pensionable age qualifies for WFA as it isn't means tested... meaning that they could have any amount of money in savings.

Anyone who's qualifying for a foodbank voucher does so because they don't have enough money to buy food.

Huge ****ing difference, right? No comparison whatsoever.

No. I meant any year between 1909 and 1945. 1909 because that was the year the British welfare state begun with the introduction of the State Pension.
    Comparing 1946 to any other year is total nonsense. Have you read a history book to see what happened?

Not sure whether your history book remark was tongue-in-cheek. If it wasn't there was another conflict from 1914-1918 in which twice as many Britons perished than during WW2.

Getting back to food banks, this article published today raised an eyebrow. It claims there's over 2,000 food banks in the UK today.

There are more food banks than McDonald's in the UK, new figures show - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nalds-17374595

Not sure whether your history book remark was tongue-in-cheek. If it wasn't there was another conflict from 1914-1918 in which twice as many Britons perished than during WW2.

Getting back to food banks, this article published today raised an eyebrow. It claims there's over 2,000 food banks in the UK today.

There are more food banks than McDonald's in the UK, new figures show - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nalds-17374595
    I'm afraid by making that point you show that you don't even realise how much nonsense you're talking.

People got by fine in 1909 so they shouldn't need help in 1946.

Take a pause and have a little think.

Have a little think? You've got a nerve!

I'll dumb this right down in the hope you finally catch on. You suggested there was a great need immediately post WW2 to introduce Family Allowance, I said the need was greater need years prior. I did so because I knew there was a Great Depression throughout the 1930s and I was also aware there were far more British military dead in WW1 than WW2. This resource says 888K versus 382K - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ualties_of_war

With far more fathers not returning after the first conflict I would suggest the need was more in 1915 than it was in 1946.

Have a little think? You've got a nerve!

I'll dumb this right down in the hope you finally catch on. You suggested there was a great need immediately post WW2 to introduce Family Allowance, I said the need was greater need years prior. I did so because I knew there was a Great Depression throughout the 1930s and I was also aware there were far more British military dead in WW1 than WW2. This resource says 888K versus 382K - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ualties_of_war

With far more fathers not returning after the first conflict I would suggest the need was more in 1915 than it was in 1946.
    Great summary never considred that fact.

Heisenberg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...it-one-year-on

Panorama
    Universal Credit: One Year On

Take half an hour and be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...it-one-year-on

Panorama
    Universal Credit: One Year On

Take half an hour and be enlightened.
    Bloody right wing broadcaster.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody right wing broadcaster.
    Watch the doc, LoM. You might learn a thing or two about UC and foodbanks - because some of the things you've been saying are either misguided or just lies.