+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ex spurs manager.....

Ex spurs manager.....

Poch for Everton !!!!!

Re: Ex spurs manager.....

Really? I'd have thought he would be aiming a lot higher than that

Any club that has never spent a season out of the EPL is a big job. Poch still has a lot to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Really? I'd have thought he would be aiming a lot higher than that
    Everton are a big club, and where they are at the moment makes it a massive job.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Everton are a big club, and where they are at the moment makes it a massive job.
    They are another spurs-like project. He’ll be after a more established european side.

I don’t think everton are a massive club. They are a traditional, top ten club but they haven’t been anything like massive for a long time, if ever. I’d say they are as attractive as West Ham or Leicester in terms of current rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    They are another spurs-like project. He’ll be after a more established european side.

I don’t think everton are a massive club. They are a traditional, top ten club but they haven’t been anything like massive for a long time, if ever. I’d say they are as attractive as West Ham or Leicester in terms of current rep.
    They’re nowhere near as attractive as Leicester at the moment but Everton are a much bigger club than both Leicester & West Ham in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright;50x26659

Everton are a massive club, just because they haven't been successful doesn't change that.

As part of his leaving deal, apparently if he takes another premier league job this season he has to pay back spurs £12M!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Everton are a massive club, just because they haven't been successful doesn't change that.
    Have to disagree with that statement. They’ve always been bang average, with a couple of random seasons in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Have to disagree with that statement. They’ve always been bang average, with a couple of random seasons in the sun.
    Everton won the League in 1963, 1970, 1984 and 1986. I think the won the FACup to 1984 too and the Cup Winners Cup in 1985. Liverpool haven;'t won the League in 30 years, the longest period in their history without winning it. So neither Merseyside club has won the title in over 30 seasons! But ask them if they are big clubs, Clubs like Palace, Watford ,Leicester, Bournemouth and the like have never won the League. But maybe their day was long ago, they need a new ground and are in a bad place, but then look at Arsenal and Man U too. Still bigger than most. But of course to some on here Leeds are bigger than them all.....

No bigger than West Ham and you wouldn’t see Poch there.

I think he’s aiming more for a Bayern/ Real sized club. Man Utd in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No bigger than West Ham and you wouldn’t see Poch there.

I think he’s aiming more for a Bayern/ Real sized club. Man Utd in fact.
    Then he's aiming too high. Can't see the likes of Bayern or Real hiring a manager who's never won anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Everton won the League in 1963, 1970, 1984 and 1986. I think the won the FACup to 1984 too and the Cup Winners Cup in 1985. Liverpool haven;'t won the League in 30 years, the longest period in their history without winning it. So neither Merseyside club has won the title in over 30 seasons! But ask them if they are big clubs, Clubs like Palace, Watford ,Leicester, Bournemouth and the like have never won the League. But maybe their day was long ago, they need a new ground and are in a bad place, but then look at Arsenal and Man U too. Still bigger than most. But of course to some on here Leeds are bigger than them all.....
    Leicester?!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Then he's aiming too high. Can't see the likes of Bayern or Real hiring a manager who's never won anything.
    I think there's more to finding a good manager than if they've won something. He took spurs from being also rans to qualifying for the champions league every season. He's made them into a stable top 4 team without much investment. Before he was manager there is no way mourinho would have considered going there, he's turned them into a big enough club to attract someone of that level.

He will definitely be getting a bigger job than Everton. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Bayern or Madrid at all.

i really dont get the poch love in

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    i really dont get the poch love in
    Don't know about it being a love-in but surely it's easy to recognise he's done a good job at spurs, whether he's won a trophy or not. Compare his record to Man Utd and Arsenal, both bigger clubs who have spent more money, in the last few years and also consider they've moved to a new stadium.

It's far to simple to say he hasn't won anything therefore he's over rated.

I could see him going to Madrid.

Have to agree with that.

Zero evidence to even suggest that they are massive.

Old maybe. Traditional maybe. Well established maybe. Definitely not ‘massive’!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Have to agree with that.

Zero evidence to even suggest that they are massive.

Old maybe. Traditional maybe. Well established maybe. Definitely not ‘massive’!
    They were part of the "big 5" that led to the formation of the Premier League. They are one of only 6 clubs that have played every season of that league. They have over 100 seasons of top division football (a record). They're moving to a 52,000 seater stadium. They've won the league 9 times which puts them in 4th place of most top-flight championships. OK, so they're in a slump, but it's hard to win championships when other, richer clubs are dominating. Ask Liverpool.

Anyway, quite plainly far from "bang-average".

They might be a big club, but he won't be going there. Rumours of PSG.
    A prediction.
    Pochettinos previous club was smaller than spurs, and his next job will be at a bigger club.
    Mourihnios last was at a bigger club than spurs and his next will be at a smaller one.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They were part of the "big 5" that led to the formation of the Premier League. They are one of only 6 clubs that have played every season of that league. They have over 100 seasons of top division football (a record). They're moving to a 52,000 seater stadium. They've won the league 9 times which puts them in 4th place of most top-flight championships. OK, so they're in a slump, but it's hard to win championships when other, richer clubs are dominating. Ask Liverpool.

Anyway, quite plainly far from "bang-average".
    Blackburn, Huddersfield and Preston have won the league more times than Tottenham. Does that make them bigger clubs?

Sunderland are 6th in that list.

All of the above have also won the FA Cup a few times too.

If you are younger than 30 years old Everton are probably seen in a very different light to those who grew up during the 80’s and 90’s.

I was a an Everton fan when I was younger as well, when they had the NEC old logo shirt with zig zags on the sleeve.

I just think that “massive” describes Lpool, Man U, Man C, Arsenal and maybe Chelsea and Spurs to a lesser extent.

Even though I would usually hold my head in despair at another billionaire buying a Premier League club and pushing the select few further & further away from the reality of the majority, a sugar daddy coming into Everton and financing a huge revival a la Man City would maybe make an exception. I have enjoyed Man City sticking two fingers up to Man Utd and outdoing them, the same scenario twenty miles down the road would be lovely to observe. The reaction of Liverpool fans and plastics would be compulsive viewing.

Arguably, due to the wealth of the premier league, any team who has more than 10 years at that level are a massive club. That's not enough to make Everton an attractive prospect though.

Blackburn, Huddersfield and Preston have won the league more times than Tottenham. Does that make them bigger clubs?

If you are younger than 30 years old Everton are probably seen in a very different light to those who grew up during the 80’s and 90’s.

I was a an Everton fan when I was younger as well, when they had the NEC old logo shirt with zig zags on the sleeve.

I just think that “massive” describes Lpool, Man U, Man C, Arsenal and maybe Chelsea and Spurs to a lesser extent.
    I never said they were "massive". But that could quickly change with the right investment and management. (would Man City be considered "massive" 10 years ago?) My initial point was that they're big enough for Pochettino. And latterly that they're not a "bang average" club.

International

Oi!!! And Cardiff mate. We're entitled!!!!!!

Big, not successful.