+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The HILTON HOTEL, BAKU

The HILTON HOTEL, BAKU

£10K, for a week, for 2 people, when the Euro’s come to town.

Get booking peeps !!!!!!!

Re: The HILTON HOTEL, BAKU

Nothing that hoteliers in Cardiff wouldn’t do - any big event in town and the prices get hiked astronomically!!
    Shameful 😩
    My mate paid £300 for a normally £55 room 🤭

This is why loyalty schemes exist. Not sure what Hilton's policy is (i.e. whether you can book any room on points as long as it's vacant, or if they restrict it) but even if you don't have the points in your account it's often cheaper to buy the points and use them to book the room than pay cash.

I was in Liverpool the other week to watch the Spurs game (free tickets). Hotel rooms £300+, but you could buy the points to book the marriott for about £100. Which I did. Free upgrade to penthouse suite and breakfast too.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This is why loyalty schemes exist. Not sure what Hilton's policy is (i.e. whether you can book any room on points as long as it's vacant, or if they restrict it) but even if you don't have the points in your account it's often cheaper to buy the points and use them to book the room than pay cash.

I was in Liverpool the other week to watch the Spurs game (free tickets). Hotel rooms £300+, but you could buy the points to book the marriott for about £100. Which I did. Free upgrade to penthouse suite and breakfast too.
    marriott in the US put restrictions on rooms, so very limited availability for the 4th july and christmas, I own a Marriott vacation club unit in fla and can trade into other area's, looking at Baku right now the trade off terms will be crap, but got to be better than cash

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    marriott in the US put restrictions on rooms, so very limited availability for the 4th july and christmas, I own a Marriott vacation club unit in fla and can trade into other area's, looking at Baku right now the trade off terms will be crap, but got to be better than cash
    Marriott's scheme is mentally comples and I agree - they don't have an "any room no blackouts" policy, but I've always been able to get what i need. I think you are talking about their timeshare programme though which I'm unfamiiar with. I generally stick to IHG.

Just bought flights to Baku for both game being played there but not sure if the tickets are sold out before my eligibilty to but them kicks in 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just bought flights to Baku for both game being played there but not sure if the tickets are sold out before my eligibilty to but them kicks in 😕
    It's a 90k stadium you'll get in. Sorted tickets yesterday quite easy and managed to book hotels and flights just after the draw so didn't get stung too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's a 90k stadium you'll get in. Sorted tickets yesterday quite easy and managed to book hotels and flights just after the draw so didn't get stung too badly.
    Am I precluded from registering for non-Red Wall tickets if I am still waiting a code from the FAW to come down to my Red Wall eligibility level?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    £10K, for a week, for 2 people, when the Euro’s come to town.

Get booking peeps !!!!!!!
    We stayed there for a few nights for the game a few weeks back. Think it was about £300 for the room for 3 nights. Stupid prices.