+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will we see any of these in the first team any time soon?

Will we see any of these in the first team any time soon?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...clubs-17366567

Mayembe and Davies will probably be in the Under 18 team when they entertain Ipswich tomorrow at Leckwith, kick off 11.00 - Bagan might have been as well, but I think he is suspended after being sent off last weekend.

Re: Will we see any of these in the first team any time soon?

Bellamy rates Taz that highly he has asked him to go to Anderlecht and said he would get first football there.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Bellamy rates Taz that highly he has asked him to go to Anderlecht and said he would get first football there.
    He looked sharp in the friendly v Taffs Well.

Problem I guess is he’s blocked at the moment by our biggest attacking threat ( NML), 2 internationals and a £10m player.

I reckon 2 of these will be gone in May? If he continues to develop there could be a chance for him

No mention of Sam Bowen in that article - he ran the show for Wales Under 19s against Kosovo recently and then followed that up with a good showing for the Under 23s in their last game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No mention of Sam Bowen in that article - he ran the show for Wales Under 19s against Kosovo recently and then followed that up with a good showing for the Under 23s in their last game.
    Harris mentioned him in his pre match when talking about the academy, so he's definitely on the radar

2 for Mayembe and 1 for Davies earlier.

Promising 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    2 for Mayembe and 1 for Davies earlier.

Promising 👍
    Indeed. I only saw the second half but Mayembe was outstanding. He started the half at centre forward (and scored a tap-in within seconds of the restart after Isaak Davies's pace had taken him behind the Ipswich back line), set up the second for Davies with a cross from the left then him and Davies played either side of sub James Crole. Our third came from a lightning quick counter-attack, Mayembe linked with Crole then calmly rounded the keeper and slotted home.

Definitely the sharpest I've seen Mayembe, he was full of confidence and is just starting to add a bit of physical presence to his undoubted talent. Very encouraging. Not just about him though, an excellent second half performance all round. We play Ipswich at home again next week in the cup, hopefully we can take the momentum from today into that tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Indeed. I only saw the second half but Mayembe was outstanding. He started the half at centre forward (and scored a tap-in within seconds of the restart after Isaak Davies's pace had taken him behind the Ipswich back line), set up the second for Davies with a cross from the left then him and Davies played either side of sub James Crole. Our third came from a lightning quick counter-attack, Mayembe linked with Crole then calmly rounded the keeper and slotted home.

Definitely the sharpest I've seen Mayembe, he was full of confidence and is just starting to add a bit of physical presence to his undoubted talent. Very encouraging. Not just about him though, an excellent second half performance all round. We play Ipswich at home again next week in the cup, hopefully we can take the momentum from today into that tie.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

More info on the Youth Cup game with Ipswich which will be played at Cardiff City Stadium next Saturday with a 3 o clock kick off.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-ipswich-town

I can only echo what you say about Mayembe's performance in the second half (he was quiet in what I saw of the first half) yesterday and I give him a big write up in my blog piece - apart from the 3-1 win over Leeds, it was the best team performance I've seen from the Under 18s this season as well.