+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is the spirit of Crimbo dying?

Is the spirit of Crimbo dying?

I've been struck by the almost complete absence of festive decorations in people's windows. It's not a local phenomenon either as it's identical everywhere I've visited in the past few weeks. Yesterday in Tonypandy I didn't see any at all.

Is it similar where you are?

Re: Is the spirit of Crimbo dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I've been struck by the almost complete absence of festive decorations in people's windows. It's not a local phenomenon either as it's identical everywhere I've visited in the past few weeks. Yesterday in Tonypandy I didn't see any at all.

Is it similar where you are?
    https://www.ultralase.com/laser-eye-surgery/

You need a trip to Brooklyn. Or better, New Jersey.

Electricity prices have skyrocketed in the last decade , think people these days are worried about the cost of having the whole house and garden lit up night after night for a month or so. Definitely a lot less here in Barry than there used to be.

It’s still a bit early isn’t it? This weekend is when we will put the tree up

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You need a trip to Brooklyn. Or better, New Jersey.
    Plans currently being made for a NY trip but not for xmas though!!! but to answer the OP yes, not even heard Merry Christmas everybody yet!! it's just a week off work now, it's the climate change brigade, peoples don't want to be seem expanding their carbon footprint lighting the street up, great excuse now not to buy any cards, presents will have no wrapping paper, no Decos or a tree

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Electricity prices have skyrocketed in the last decade , think people these days are worried about the cost of having the whole house and garden lit up night after night for a month or so. Definitely a lot less here in Barry than there used to be.
    most are LED now though and cost very little to run

though agree, alot less about, though i thought it was a little early

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    It’s still a bit early isn’t it? This weekend is when we will put the tree up
    Kinky, I give you that.

Bah humbug.
    Its still too early. It's still the first week of December ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Plans currently being made for a NY trip but not for xmas though!!! but to answer the OP yes, not even heard Merry Christmas everybody yet!! it's just a week off work now, it's the climate change brigade, peoples don't want to be seem expanding their carbon footprint lighting the street up, great excuse now not to buy any cards, presents will have no wrapping paper, no Decos or a tree
    The people of the US spend $6Billion on Christmas decorations. And people drive around different neighborhoods to see the lights on certain houses.

Went up over a week ago in my house
    6 and 8 year old boys and an over eager wife mixed with logistical issues meant it happened earlier than usual. The blackmail begins earlier so pretty happy house

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    according to St. Greta

This is the weekend for normal humans to erect Christmas decorations.