+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: War films at Christmas, I hate xmas

Re: War films at Christmas, I hate xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The "ulterior motive" as you describe it is simply that your mother would like you and your children to embrace the faith that she has because it is a great way to live (though not necessarily an easy or pain-free one). Certainly not “gun to the head” or “pie in the sky when you die” religion I would imagine – the choice is yours to accept or reject at the end of the day!

The Christians I see portrayed in the media or TV are nothing like the Christians I know. The latter are among the most selfless, compassionate, caring people you would ever meet, they show the love of Jesus but they also know that they will never be perfect!
    I don’t think my mother has an ulterior motive, if my daughter wants to go and follow Christianity I support it, just because I don’t believe in it doesn’t mean I’ll hold her back.

I think religion is an easy way to control the masses, I can also find happiness without it so personally I don’t see what it can give me.

My all time favourite is Appocolpse Now

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My all time favourite is Appocolpse Now
    That’s easy for you to say

God is half man half God..which half is man?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Which god?

If you want to watch something grim try Hatred (Its English name or Volhynia its Polish name) about the Polish and Ukrainian atrocities carried out in the second world war - it is a hard view but is much easier to view than Come and See - It's banned in Ukraine as they don't want it all kicking off again but there must be some very deep scars there - The killing of the Polish poet Zygmunt Rumel is particularly brutal and the various slaughters carried out .....anyway you get the picture. It will certainly take your mind off xmas.

also recommend Brotherhood (Taegukgi - in Korean) which is one of the biggest grossing Korean films ever made. Battle scenes that dwarf Saving Private Ryan and when it gets going its unrelentless showing both sides of the Korean war. I've seen it a few times - Flag unit bit is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I couldn't give a toss what he does

I would rather listen to that Scandinavian young lass , she talks sense
    She dont know nuffin, Amazon is not in decline, its posted record profits

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    If you want to watch something grim try Hatred (Its English name or Volhynia its Polish name) about the Polish and Ukrainian atrocities carried out in the second world war - it is a hard view but is much easier to view than Come and See - It's banned in Ukraine as they don't want it all kicking off again but there must be some very deep scars there - The killing of the Polish poet Zygmunt Rumel is particularly brutal and the various slaughters carried out .....anyway you get the picture. It will certainly take your mind off xmas.

also recommend Brotherhood (Taegukgi - in Korean) which is one of the biggest grossing Korean films ever made. Battle scenes that dwarf Saving Private Ryan and when it gets going its unrelentless showing both sides of the Korean war. I've seen it a few times - Flag unit bit is brilliant
    Where can I watch both of these films

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Where can I watch both of these films
    I watched Hatred on sky - surprising a film like this was on there

Brotherhood or Taegukgi - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006U2106A

Look at the reviews - its well worth owning - do not buy the dubbed version get the subtitled

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Below the wrist ?

Are you the fellas who put me on to savage peace , the atrocities carried out on people of German origin by poles , chezck partisans etc in the dying embers of world war two and watched over by the west and stalin ?

Now that was difficult to watch

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    She dont know nuffin, Amazon is not in decline, its posted record profits
    She's making a general point on global capitalism and she's right