Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 85

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 BARNSLEY. Match thread

  1. #1

    FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Saturday 3pm.

    Match officials:


    Referee: PAUL TIERNEY

    Assistants: Rob Smith and Mark Pottage

    Fourth Official : Richard Hulme


    Match stats:

    • Cardiff City have lost just one of their past 10 league meetings with Barnsley (W6 D3), a 4-3 home defeat in December 2016.
    • Barnsley's last league match at the Cardiff City Stadium was in March 2018, losing on their way to being relegated that season.
    • Cardiff have won back-to-back league games, having won just one of their past seven. They last won three in a row in February/March 2018 (a run of eight).
    • Barnsley are winless in their past 16 Championship away games (D3 L13) since a 2-0 win at Birmingham in February 2018.
    • Cardiff City have had just 18 open play sequences in which they have completed 10 or more passes in the Championship this season - 23 fewer than any other team.
    • Barnsley are looking to win consecutive Championship matches for the first time since November 2017 under Paul Heckingbottom.

  2. #2

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Why have we got a Prem ref? Expecting trouble? 🤔

  3. #3

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Saturday 3pm.

    Match officials:


    Referee: PAUL TIERNEY

    Assistants: Rob Smith and Mark Pottage

    Fourth Official : Richard Hulme


    Match stats:

    • Cardiff City have lost just one of their past 10 league meetings with Barnsley (W6 D3), a 4-3 home defeat in December 2016.
    • Barnsley's last league match at the Cardiff City Stadium was in March 2018, losing on their way to being relegated that season.
    • Cardiff have won back-to-back league games, having won just one of their past seven. They last won three in a row in February/March 2018 (a run of eight).
    • Barnsley are winless in their past 16 Championship away games (D3 L13) since a 2-0 win at Birmingham in February 2018.
    • Cardiff City have had just 18 open play sequences in which they have completed 10 or more passes in the Championship this season - 23 fewer than any other team.
    • Barnsley are looking to win consecutive Championship matches for the first time since November 2017 under Paul Heckingbottom.
    Is it possible that normal service will be resumed today ?
    If we beat Barnsley and Swansea lose at West Brom - we go in front of them

  4. #4

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Etheridge; Peltier, Nelson, Flint, Bennett; Mendez-Laing, Bacuna, Pack, Hoilett; Tomlin; Madine

    Jazz on the bench

  5. #5

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Etheridge; Peltier, Nelson, Flint, Bennett; Mendez-Laing, Bacuna, Pack, Hoilett; Tomlin; Madine

    Jazz on the bench
    He qualifies as an Academy product presumably.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    ..any streams that don't need registration

  8. #8

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..any streams that don't need registration
    https://www.vipleague.lc/1-cardiff-c...live-streaming

    Turn the sound off unless you like a northern droll.

  9. #9

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    You're ****ing kidding me! Jesus ****ing Christ!

  10. #10

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    l0l

  11. #11

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    0-1.......could Etheridge have done better?-

  12. #12

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    quick response...1-1 Flint at last....but not with his head.....great coss from Hoillet

  13. #13

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Nice. Hoilett's looking like he really fancies it today.

  14. #14

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    bang goes my prediction

  15. #15

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Ay oop. It be one - one at t' CC stadiom.

  16. #16

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    That looked a close call. Got to feel for Madine.

  17. #17

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That looked a close call. Got to feel for Madine.
    Heíll get one today.

    Not Madine, but we really need to work on some players first touch as well.

    As for the northern commentators.. Jesus wept, one sided be ****ed.

  18. #18

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    And stop calling it the CC stadium you monotone voiced dullard.

  19. #19

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    eee by gum tis all tut play fer at the CC stadium

  20. #20

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He’ll get one today.

    Not Madine, but we really need to work on some players first touch as well.

    As for the northern commentators.. Jesus wept, one sided be ****ed.
    The sound quality on the Cardiff commentary is shocking today. There's constant high pitched whine. And the volume keeps fluctuating.

  21. #21

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The sound quality on the Cardiff commentary is shocking today. There's constant high pitched whine. And the volume keeps fluctuating.
    If this idiot keeps calling it the CC stadium and talking about homer refs Iíll be watching it in silence.

    Alright from Cardiff so far.

  22. #22

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The sound quality on the Cardiff commentary is shocking today. There's constant high pitched whine. And the volume keeps fluctuating.
    thats how they sound up north mate

  23. #23

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    On about that shot like it was struck my messi with a ball made of gold. Etheridge didnít struggle with it, he was sensible and took the speed/sting out of the shot.

    **** me they're one sided

  24. #24

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Wea'ar lakin' ok bur um times ah'm findin missen admirin t' way thee laik.

    ffs its starting to stick

  25. #25

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread


  26. #26

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Send im off Cambell.

    That were diabolical.

    I cahnt spake.

  27. #27

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    You think they're one sided. You should have heard the Forest lot!

  28. #28

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Pack 'n flint a' times are bloody awful.'oillet 'n leeam av ok 'n madine is tryin

  29. #29

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Stream gone down for everyone?

  30. #30

    Re: CARDIFF CITY v BARNSLEY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Stream gone down for everyone?
    Guessing itís because itís half time. Mines come back on mind as I type

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •