Thread: The man who “can’t last 90” scores well into injury time

The man who “can’t last 90” scores well into injury time

Have that

Re: The man who “can’t last 90” scores well into injury time

Uckin beauty

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Have that
    He did very well in the second half (i didn't see the first half) He was positive and creative, although I could have driven a truck through that Barnsley midfield. He needs to keep performing like that. He's starting to prove me wrong as i thought that he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He did very well in the second half (i didn't see the first half) He was positive and creative, although I could have driven a truck through that Barnsley midfield. He needs to keep performing like that. He's starting to prove me wrong as i thought that he was done.
    Marlon Pack, although he buggered up a few times, was our only visible midfielder for a while but, dear me, Tomlin came into his own when it mattered & that’s the sign of a footballer

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Marlon Pack, although he buggered up a few times, was our only visible midfielder for a while but, dear me, Tomlin came into his own when it mattered & that’s the sign of a footballer
    He's prepared to get on the ball and try things, there isn't anyone else like that in our team. He does leave a bit of space behind him although Pack seems to understand that and seems to compensate for Tomlins creativity. Long may it continue. It would be even better if he had a striker to play off.

Tomlin is basically what we've been missing since Whittingham left/went off the boil.

Sometimes you have to carry them, but they can pull something out of nothing and win you a game. Some managers just won't play someone like that (See Warnock) but others think the potential benefits outweigh the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Tomlin is basically what we've been missing since Whittingham left/went off the boil.

Sometimes you have to carry them, but they can pull something out of nothing and win you a game. Some managers just won't play someone like that (See Warnock) but others think the potential benefits outweigh the negatives.
    He's got good vision in tight situations and an awareness of what's going on around him. This is only the beginning in my opinion, Warnock certainly didn't help with the way he played and what he expected, but Tomlin owes the fans, he has to do this over a season.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

That’s quite right, it’s all about perseverance, the likes of Whittingham & Tomlin can be anonymous for long periods but, Jesus, they can come up trumps when it’s least expected which can be a nightmare for opponents who think they’ve done a job on them. Warnock seemed reluctant to take that chance, would Whitts have flourished under hm? Debatable.

He's got good vision in tight situations and an awareness of what's going on around him. This is only the beginning in my opinion, Warnock certainly didn't help with the way he played and what he expected, but Tomlin owes the fans, he has to do this over a season.
    Thought he was finished Dan 🤔

In fairness 1st half he was anonymous, last 20 when the game opened up he came into his own.

Great pass for Ward’s goal too

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thought he was finished Dan ��

In fairness 1st half he was anonymous, last 20 when the game opened up he came into his own.

Great pass for Ward’s goal too
    I thought that he was gone, over. He's done very well in patches, he needs to keep it going now.

I thought that he was gone, over. He's done very well in patches, he needs to keep it going now.
    He needs to show that he can do it for more than just a handful of games.

Harris’s challenge is to keep him out of his comfort zone

Didn’t know he was on the pitch first 10 or 15 minutes, but a goal and an assist shows why we need a player like him.
    You’ve got to make room in your team even if that means he may not be as great defensively, although he does chip in to be fair.

Read he ran 12k last game.

Didn’t know he was on the pitch first 10 or 15 minutes, but a goal and an assist shows why we need a player like him.
    You’ve got to make room in your team even if that means he may not be as great defensively, although he does chip in to be fair.

Read he ran 12k last game.
    Agree, as long as allowances are made for his attack minded play then fair enough. Harris has is allowing for that. Warnock wouldn't dare. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He needs to show that he can do it for more than just a handful of games.

Harris’s challenge is to keep him out of his comfort zone
    Absolutely. Like i said. he needs to perform over the season. No disrespect to Barnsley, but they looked incredibly unorganised in midfield, there shape was woeful and they lost their discipline.

Agree, as long as allowances are made for his attack minded play then fair enough. Harris has is allowing for that. Warnock wouldn't dare. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.
    I know Pack isn’t a battling midfielder who flies into tackles, and I know he makes the odd bad pass/wrong choice of pass but I think him Tomlin and Ralls could work well. I know it’s not the level of some in the division but we can’t really do anything about that now, so for the season at least we need to get the best 3 out there and those are it for me. One defensive minded, one high energy box to box, one attacking minded player who likes to get the ball FORWARD!! They can pass the ball too (well Ralls not so much)

Tomlin was tightly marked throughout the game. Whenever he got the ball he had 1 or 2 Barnsley players right on his shoulder - even when he scored the winner. Really good performance..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Tomlin was tightly marked throughout the game. Whenever he got the ball he had 1 or 2 Barnsley players right on his shoulder - even when he scored the winner. Really good performance..
    Nice watching him run with the ball

Neil Harris has really turned this team around. Today was the most entertaining game in a long time. It takes balls to stick with Tomlin for 90 minutes. Well done NH.

I should probably eat some humble pie over this, although to be fair he might as well have not been on the pitch in the first half!

Yes Neil Harris could turn this team around and i do not that i think Warnock was no good but a change of ideas is massive

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Neil Harris has really turned this team around. Today was the most entertaining game in a long time. It takes balls to stick with Tomlin for 90 minutes. Well done NH.
    Neil Warnock would have brought Paterson on after an hour and gone route one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Neil Warnock would have brought Paterson on after an hour and gone route one.
    He would have started with him.

He would have started with him.
    And we would have started with route one. Mixed in with some head tennis and long throws.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And we would have started with route one. Mixed in with some head tennis and long throws.
    It shows how bad Warnock's football had become when we're noticing significant changes in the style of play from a manager (Neil Harris) not really known for creativity.

It shows how bad Warnock's football had become when we're noticing significant changes in the style of play from a manager (Neil Harris) not really known for creativity.
    It's weird when you've been starved of anything remotely fluid or creative for such a long time. I would've actually been (almost) satisfied with the 2-2 draw.