+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ninety five minute man Tomlin makes the difference for fortunate Cardiff City.

Ninety five minute man Tomlin makes the difference for fortunate Cardiff City.

Re: Ninety five minute man Tomlin makes the difference for fortunate Cardiff City.

Agree with the bit about mixed signals. Harris is obviously trying to get City to play more football, but apart from Tomlin and Hoilett, our players just aren't capable of stroking the ball around quickly. Not having anyone on the back 4 who can pass doesn't help either. We miss Ralls, and I'm not overly impressed with Nelson. Bamba and Morrison are still my choices at centre back..

Re: Ninety five minute man Tomlin makes the difference for fortunate Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good stuff, as always. Nice to see us taking the rule of having a home-grown Academy product in the matchday squad in the spirit in which it was surely intended. I hope young Jazz enjoyed the experience.

Good Academy write-up too, thanks for the heads up about the cup-tie next weekend. One small error in your report though, it was (the impressive) Taylor Jones rather than Trystan Jones playing yesterday. It's not always easy but I try to keep up with the Joneses.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good stuff, as always. Nice to see us taking the rule of having a home-grown Academy product in the matchday squad in the spirit in which it was surely intended. I hope young Jazz enjoyed the experience.

Good Academy write-up too, thanks for the heads up about the cup-tie next weekend. One small error in your report though, it was (the impressive) Taylor Jones rather than Trystan Jones playing yesterday. It's not always easy but I try to keep up with the Joneses.
    When you have so many Jones around it is quite easy to make a mistake

In fact you could say It's Not Unusual

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Agree with the bit about mixed signals. Harris is obviously trying to get City to play more football, but apart from Tomlin and Hoilett, our players just aren't capable of stroking the ball around quickly. Not having anyone on the back 4 who can pass doesn't help either. We miss Ralls, and I'm not overly impressed with Nelson. Bamba and Morrison are still my choices at centre back..
    I like Bamba. I worry if he’s lost a bit since his injury though, and I’m not sure how many 8 foot legs dangling out last minute my nerves can take this year as they scramble back after being caught out.

Bob is there anywhere for me to see the 11 that start the youth games and the formations etc? Would be good to familiarise myself with the players.

Agreed about the passing. Vaulks hit one first time from left to right towards the end of the game and there was big applause. It was a nice pass but just goes to show what we've been used to the past few years.

“He was probably helped in this by the introduction of the more mobile Danny Ward for Madine because his off the ball work opened up spaces for the playmaker to exploit“

I am praying Glatzel is the answer here, I really think he will thrive now we don’t JUST lump it up and I think him and Tomlin can form a partnership. Ward looked decent when he came on but I really think Glatzel has a bit more about him (that we haven’t yet seen)

Eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bob is there anywhere for me to see the 11 that start the youth games and the formations etc? Would be good to familiarise myself with the players.
    Mayembe was excellent on Saturday and Isaak Davies was effective in an unfamiliar right sided role - Harry Pinchard in midfield is impressing me more and more this season as well.

They played a kind of 4-2-3-1 on Saturday with Davies often doubling up as a second striker, while there was also rotation as to who played through the middle as Mayembe switched to the wing - he played on the left once we brought on someone else to play as striker for the last half an hour and, if he ever does break into the first team, I would say this is the position he'd be most likely to do it in.

You'll get a team line up for every game at

https://twitter.com/search?q=cf11%20...rc=typed_query

but there's nothing for formations etc.

This is a good site for the under 18s as well;-

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2

I agree about Ralls and, if the aim is to play more football, then Glatzel seems the best option up front, but Ward made a big difference on Saturday and I think he has been our most effective striker this season - I reckon he'll start on Wednesday.

Mayembe was excellent on Saturday and Isaak Davies was effective in an unfamiliar right sided role - Harry Pinchard in midfield is impressing me more and more this season as well.

They played a kind of 4-2-3-1 on Saturday with Davies often doubling up as a second striker, while there was also rotation as to who played through the middle as Mayembe switched to the wing - he played on the left once we brought on someone else to play as striker for the last half an hour and, if he ever does break into the first team, I would say this is the position he'd be most likely to do it in.

You'll get a team line up for every game at

https://twitter.com/search?q=cf11%20...rc=typed_query

but there's nothing for formations etc.

This is a good site for the under 18s as well;-

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2
    Appreciate it, thank you.

Yes Tomlin as a 95th minute player still on the pitch makes a difference, he can create someting out of nothing .

Do agree Ward's better movement creates the gaps for Tomlin.

I agree about Ralls and, if the aim is to play more football, then Glatzel seems the best option up front, but Ward made a big difference on Saturday and I think he has been our most effective striker this season - I reckon he'll start on Wednesday.
    When Ward has started in cagey first halves he has run himself out. He looks by far the most effective impact sub we have, particularly as games get stretched. Hull and West Brom as well as the game on the weekend where Madine had beaten up a couple of centre halves and Tomlin and Ward were able to exploit the space in the last third of the game.

Saying that, I was amongst those thinking that Tomlin should have been subbed before he effectively won the the game with a dribble, pass and shot. Against better teams I do wonder whether there is a different midfield combination away where Tomlin. like Ward is part of the options to open up teams in the second half.