+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flint Strong Performance

Re: Flint Strong Performance

Flint has been our MOTM in the last 2 games.
    Like I’ve said before, if our centre backs were quick, and didn’t make mistakes...they wouldn’t be playing in the Championship for us!

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I don’t have a list of goals or mistakes he’s made since the start of the season but off the top of my head:

Barnsley - where is he going for the first goal? Pushes up and it’s a simple ball through him and we’re exposed with two of them running at Nelson and Peltier. He does it all the time

Charlton - first goal he pinged a stupid ball into Hoilett which was difficult to control and they score from it. Very similar to when he blasted it at Bacuna’s chest v Bristol city when a simple pass was on with five minutes to go. Charlton second goal - there’s 7 city players in front of him as they run through the middle and score

Bristol city - doesn’t get out quick enough, turns his back instead of putting his body on the line and the ball flies in

Millwall - flat footed for both goals, really bad defending. (Along with Morrison)

Sheff Wednesday - stick your body in the way - he tries to get clear it with his leg for some reason and slices into his own net.

They’re the ones that stick out for me. There are no doubt more and that’s just ones that led to a goal. Maybe I’m being overly critical on a couple of them but I genuinely think he is a shocking footballer and Morrison/Nelson should be our back two. He’s so often flat footed, he gets caught out of position loads where he gets tempted in and they just go past him. The game has moved on from centre backs like him and you’ve got teams like Birmingham knocking it round him like he isn’t there in that first half hour when they should’ve been out of sight. I don’t think he particularly wins many headers for his size either. Morrison is much better in the air for me. They don’t work together but Flint is the one I’d drop.

That’s one of the most desperate posts I’ve seen for years.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That’s one of the most desperate posts I’ve seen for years.😂
    Wouldn’t it make more sense to reply to his post, if you don’t have one - maybe because he’s made valid points you can’t counter- then surely it’s best left there.

Too often people do these laughing replies when they know they’ve been done, and save a little face by laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Wouldn’t it make more sense to reply to his post, if you don’t have one - maybe because he’s made valid points you can’t counter- then surely it’s best left there.

Too often people do these laughing replies when they know they’ve been done, and save a little face by laughing.
    Yeah that’s the way I’ve read it. Just having a discussion on why he’s poor, not sure what’s wrong with listing examples where I think he’s been poor when asked where he’s been poor!

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Yeah that’s the way I’ve read it. Just having a discussion on why he’s poor, not sure what’s wrong with listing examples where I think he’s been poor when asked where he’s been poor!
    He had nothing to reply mate.

You’re not wrong that he has been poor in some games, and people should be able to point it out, just as others can point out when he’s good. Nothing laughable about that though.