+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flint Strong Performance

Flint Strong Performance

Its intresting reflecting on Flint under Warnock and now under Harris , he seems to be attacking the ball earler and further up the pitch which seems to better suite his game , what you think ?

Re: Flint Strong Performance

He was excellent yesterday and would have Man of the Match for a lot of people. He has definitely improved, but maybe having Nelson's with a bit of pace has helped too.

Decent performance but out of position quite a lot in the first half. I think it’s the classic case of “he’s normally shit so when he puts in a decent performance it’s exaggerated” after the flowing praise I’ve seen on twitter and wales online.

He is awful and a performance where we concede 2 at home to bottom of the league won’t change my mind on that.

He was lively yesterday and more of a presence. But he's still not a good defender. His game is flawed. His positional sense is not great and his movement is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He was excellent yesterday and would have Man of the Match for a lot of people. He has definitely improved, but maybe having Nelson's with a bit of pace has helped too.
    Yet watching the highlights it seems Nelson was at fault with the 1st Barnsley goal. It's still Bamba and the much-maligned Morrision for me..

Flint did well yesterday. Doesn't help having a left back that can't defend, Bennett was poor again.

Flint has looked better each game, goal and an assist yesterday and a better performance defensively.

He does get caught out of position mind, and I worry when he steps up sometimes if he’s going to get back to stop the counter.. better teams will take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yet watching the highlights it seems Nelson was at fault with the 1st Barnsley goal. It's still Bamba and the much-maligned Morrision for me..
    I think Bamba will be gone as soon as his mate gets a job, but definitely by the summer when his contract ends!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Flint has looked better each game, goal and an assist yesterday and a better performance defensively.

He does get caught out of position mind, and I worry when he steps up sometimes if he’s going to get back to stop the counter.. better teams will take advantage.
    He’s having to step up to pick up the striker that’s dropped deep. Shouldn’t normally be a problem as it seems Nelson plays deeper and Peltier’s elastic will ensure he’s normally found on the edge of the box.
    Yesterday for their first goal Flint went out to challenge 2 Barnsley players, but when the ball was put through we still had 4 on 2, but they were all ball watching.

He’s not slow in running terms, watch him in a sprint, but he’s not mobile and a bit slow to react, but his extra reach often helps him out there and with blocks and tackles and of course he’s good in the air and is a real plus at set pieces.

Very similar to Morrison really

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I think Bamba will be gone as soon as his mate gets a job, but definitely by the summer when his contract ends!
    Yes, I reckon he will follow Warnock and may go into coaching very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He’s having to step up to pick up the striker that’s dropped deep. Shouldn’t normally be a problem as it seems Nelson plays deeper and Peltier’s elastic will ensure he’s normally found on the edge of the box.
    Yesterday for their first goal Flint went out to challenge 2 Barnsley players, but when the ball was put through we still had 4 on 2, but they were all ball watching.

He’s not slow in running terms, watch him in a sprint, but he’s not mobile and a bit slow to react, but his extra reach often helps him out there and with blocks and tackles and of course he’s good in the air and is a real plus at set pieces.

Very similar to Morrison really
    When he gets going them long legs carry him, but it’s the reaction times isn’t it.

When he gets going them long legs carry him, but it’s the reaction times isn’t it.
    Yeah, I’m a fan and will admit that it does take a while for the signal to get from brain to foot.

I also think his passing isn’t bad either, seems to keep it simple, but again you don’t want him having it under pressure as he looks awkward due to his height.

Nelson has turned into the new Ben Turner with his crossfield kicks to NML. Pity NML had his butter boots on and let a couple slide into touch

Yeah, I’m a fan and will admit that it does take a while for the signal to get from brain to foot.

I also think his passing isn’t bad either, seems to keep it simple, but again you don’t want him having it under pressure as he looks awkward due to his height.

Nelson has turned into the new Ben Turner with his crossfield kicks to NML. Pity NML had his butter boots on and let a couple slide into touch
    I do wonder what goes on in training, your point about NML has been true since he came to us, yet it doesn’t seem to be something they work in with him. Same as Etheridge with his distribution. Why don’t our players spend time working on their weaknesses? If it means staying behind after training for an hour then that’s what it has to be surely?

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Decent performance but out of position quite a lot in the first half. I think it’s the classic case of “he’s normally shit so when he puts in a decent performance it’s exaggerated” after the flowing praise I’ve seen on twitter and wales online.

He is awful and a performance where we concede 2 at home to bottom of the league won’t change my mind on that.
    It is called the ‘Madine Syndrome’- any performance that isn’t complete rubbish is hailed as ‘immense’ or ‘brilliant’, so desperate are people for them to do well. 🙄

Flint has been poor for us so far - I’d like to see much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It is called the ‘Madine Syndrome’- any performance that isn’t complete rubbish is hailed as ‘immense’ or ‘brilliant’, so desperate are people for them to do well. 🙄

How dare we enjoy players improving their weekly performances.

No wonder little kids steal your away seats.

We have a lot of standard Championship players , It just struck me his game had changed in a positive way as has his confidence.

How dare we enjoy players improving their weekly performances.

No wonder little kids steal your away seats.
    If that had made a significant improvement from such a pitiful base then I’d be the first to admit it.

I really pity people who lack perspective. You are truly sad. But you will never know it. 🙄

If that had made a significant improvement from such a pitiful base then I’d be the first to admit it.

I really pity people who lack perspective. You are truly sad. But you will never know it. 🙄
    I’m sad for having a bit of fun at your expense?

You’re a middle aged man crying because someone sat in your seat. Do people even go to their seats on away games?

Are you saying Flint and Madine haven’t looked better?

Disagree with the 2 of you.

He’s been our best defender so far this season and done even better in the last few games.

By the way watch his input into the winner yesterday, won the first header and charged across the box to win the 2nd

To me it seems he was an easy target when we were doing poorly as a new player, when there are a few longer serving ones who aren’t performing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We have a lot of standard Championship players , It just struck me his game had changed in a positive way as has his confidence.
    Agree with this, we don’t have any stand out players.
    None.
    I’d say probably our best is Ralls, but there’s plenty who think he’s rubbish.

However all 11 out in the pitch on Saturday are decent Championship players, hence why even with a horrendous run of injuries and a poor, poor start we are only 1 point off the play offs.

He’s been our best defender so far this season and done even better in the last few games.

By the way watch his input into the winner yesterday, won the first header and charged across the box to win the 2nd

To me it seems he was an easy target when we were doing poorly as a new player, when there are a few longer serving ones who aren’t performing at all.
    👍👍

Best defender? Even with as piss poor as our defence has been this season, he is still some way down the pecking order. The only one you could make an argument for worse than him is Joe Bennett. Flint has been absolutely atrocious most of the season and winning a couple of headers in the opposition box when he's 6ft 5 doesn't change that! I think you're stretching it giving him credit for that assist late on as well, he's thrown everything at it and launched the ball ten yards in the air. Good effort to get there but it wasn't exactly a masterful knock down.

Best defender? Even with as piss poor as our defence has been this season, he is still some way down the pecking order. The only one you could make an argument for worse than him is Joe Bennett. Flint has been absolutely atrocious most of the season and winning a couple of headers in the opposition box when he's 6ft 5 doesn't change that! I think you're stretching it giving him credit for that assist late on as well, he's thrown everything at it and launched the ball ten yards in the air. Good effort to get there but it wasn't exactly a masterful knock down.
    He has not been atrocious , I've seen a lot of this years games , I know he's not Premiership quality , however we are now knocking on the door of the play offs , and he has played a big part in that .

Morrison has been injured during our current good run of form and Flint has been the main defender and has been a big threat in the oppositions penalty area how that can be described as atrocious is a strange description ?

At first I just thought he’d just got anything on a ball that was too high, but his header was perfect , if he’d flicked it then it would have gone out if he’d headed it forward it would have gone over.

He also won the header for Madine’s disallowed goal.

If he’s been that awful how come his stats are so good ?

What goals have been his fault ?

I don’t have a list of goals or mistakes he’s made since the start of the season but off the top of my head:

Barnsley - where is he going for the first goal? Pushes up and it’s a simple ball through him and we’re exposed with two of them running at Nelson and Peltier. He does it all the time

Charlton - first goal he pinged a stupid ball into Hoilett which was difficult to control and they score from it. Very similar to when he blasted it at Bacuna’s chest v Bristol city when a simple pass was on with five minutes to go. Charlton second goal - there’s 7 city players in front of him as they run through the middle and score

Bristol city - doesn’t get out quick enough, turns his back instead of putting his body on the line and the ball flies in

Millwall - flat footed for both goals, really bad defending. (Along with Morrison)

Sheff Wednesday - stick your body in the way - he tries to get clear it with his leg for some reason and slices into his own net.

They’re the ones that stick out for me. There are no doubt more and that’s just ones that led to a goal. Maybe I’m being overly critical on a couple of them but I genuinely think he is a shocking footballer and Morrison/Nelson should be our back two. He’s so often flat footed, he gets caught out of position loads where he gets tempted in and they just go past him. The game has moved on from centre backs like him and you’ve got teams like Birmingham knocking it round him like he isn’t there in that first half hour when they should’ve been out of sight. I don’t think he particularly wins many headers for his size either. Morrison is much better in the air for me. They don’t work together but Flint is the one I’d drop.