Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
I believe he was always third choice. Every club “wastes money” on them. You need them.

Joe Day was brought in as one of Smithies/Etheridge was off, think it was Smithies until Etheridge got injured.

You think you’d know stuff like this, seein as you go to loads of games and clearly have mates that follow the city and talk about rumours etc close season.
I think the decision to re engage Murphy was ludicrous when you consider that there is a goalkeeper at the club about whom the following was said in an article last week;-

"At 19, Ratcliffe is Wales' regular under-21 goalkeeper and seen as the natural heir apparent to Wayne Hennessey in the senior side."

and

"Cardiff don't want a situation where Giggs hands him his senior Wales debut before he has even played a first team game for the Bluebirds."

Now, even allowing for a writer going somewhat over the top perhaps, it does strike me as very odd that George Ratcliffe is currently our fifth choice keeper (sixth if you include Matt Hall who regularly plays for the Under 23s) - if Ratcliffe is really anywhere near as good as the hype, he should not have so many senior keepers in front of him.