+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock on life since Cardiff City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Neil Warnock on life since Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The club is clearly in a much better shape because of Warnock.
    Both on and off the pitch.

It’s a shame that the last few months seem to have tarnished his legacy with some fans.
    To me, he is the best manager we’ve had since Eddie May. Not many managers could have galvanized our fan base after the red debacle.

He’s a CCFC legend in my eyes.
    We were back where we were more or less when he left (going by league positions) just with a more expensive team that earn higher wages, we still don’t have a second right back, we still lack pace in midfield and comfortable players on the ball, the defence is another year old, although a new 26 year old kid has slightly dropped the average age.

I am failing to see it.

Warnock tarnished his own legacy fella, he could have left on a relative high after the United game. He only HE decided to stay and let good players leave and not replace them. So they stay if he goes? Have we replaced them adequately? I don’t think we have, I don’t dislike the players tbh but they’re not setting the world alight for us.

He had a good base of a team coming here players like Manga Morrison Bennett Ralls Gunnarson etc. He didn’t come into a team like Malky did for example. He took us up, is he going to live off that in the minds of our fans until the end of time?

Re: Neil Warnock on life since Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We were back where we were more or less when he left (going by league positions) just with a more expensive team that earn higher wages, we still don’t have a second right back, we still lack pace in midfield and comfortable players on the ball, the defence is another year old, although a new 26 year old kid has slightly dropped the average age.

I am failing to see it.

Warnock tarnished his own legacy fella, he could have left on a relative high after the United game. He only HE decided to stay and let good players leave and not replace them. So they stay if he goes? Have we replaced them adequately? I don’t think we have, I don’t dislike the players tbh but they’re not setting the world alight for us.

He had a good base of a team coming here players like Manga Morrison Bennett Ralls Gunnarson etc. He didn’t come into a team like Malky did for example. He took us up, is he going to live off that in the minds of our fans until the end of time?
    I agree Malky was the better Manager for us, went up as Champions and a Wembley Final in his three years also out of Relegation places when sacked.The only thing he did wrong was to fall out with his boss big time where as Warnock knew how to handle him and get what he wanted!