+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Big Bang on Sunday night!

The Big Bang on Sunday night!

About 21.20.

Saw a flash. Started saying to wife, was "Was that a fl....." Then, BANG
    I understand that it struck near the Village Hotel - a little too close to home in Ton for my liking.

Had to smile. The local tongues have been complaining about loud bangs from fireworks during the weeks around Nov 5. "Uncaring folk should have more understanding of my poor pet's sensibilities/nerves etc".

Some said their pets shot out of their skins after the BIG ONE.

P'raps they should direct their comments in the direction of Thor! But personally, I wouldn't want to mess with that One.

Re: The Big Bang on Sunday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    About 21.20.

I understand that it struck near the Village Hotel - a little too close to home in Ton for my liking.

Had to smile. The local tongues have been complaining about loud bangs from fireworks during the weeks around Nov 5. "Uncaring folk should have more understanding of my poor pet's sensibilities/nerves etc".

P'raps they should direct their comments in the direction of Thor! But personally, I wouldn't want to mess with that One.
    Last time I heard something that loud was when we were visiting Cardiff about 27 years ago (I remember it as my new born daughter was upstairs asleep). An almost instantaneous flash of lightening and thunder. I thought the house had been hit. Sunday was one hell of a bang, too. Just happened to be visiting again.

Apologies my flatulence has been out of control for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    About 21.20.

Odd wasn't it!!! Just one flash of lightning and one big fack off bang.