+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If was HARRIS I wouldn’t be talking about new full backs.

Re: If was HARRIS I wouldn’t be talking about new full backs.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I can only ascertain despite all the talk that Coxe is not good enough otherwise he surely would have been used by now.
    If that was true we should let him go.
    If we are that concerned then if Peltier got injured we would draft in a player we have no confidence in.
    To my mind not the younger generation player you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Why? He's 21 years old and hasn't played senior football in his life, why do you think he's the answer at right back?

He needs a loan out somewhere so we can get an idea of how good he is and whether he could replace Peltier. Throwing him in now when we're trying to establish ourselves as a play-off contender would be naive and frankly, stupid.
    We will never know unless he is given a chance.
    Just because Warnock would not give him a thought means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sometimes I think I must have imagined us giving a first team debut to a seventeen year old Chris Gunter at right back when we were top of the Championship or that we played an eighteen year old Joe Ralls in a League Cup Semi Final or that the team which won the title in 12/13 quite often had a nineteen year old Ralls and/or Nugent in it.

I don't know whether Coxe would prove himself good enough for our first team if he was selected tomorrow, but I'm baffled by this attitude which seems to have become commonplace in recent years that giving a 21 year old youth product a league debut is too much of a risk.
    If they think that highly of him then it can’t be that much of a risk, hoping to see a change moving forward, we can’t get to the point where a 21 year old prospect still isn’t really getting any experience in the team.
    If Peltier is the solid first choice then let Coxe sit on the bench and wait his turn, if he isn’t good enough just yet (LAUGHING OUT LOUD) then give him a half season loan where he will get games (or he comes back so he isn’t wasted say on a shite bench) and get whatever we think we need in on a half season loan and try the lad next year.

Whatever it is, this door that “Sir Neil father of promotions maker of men hero to the working class Warnock” has slammed shut, needs to be opened finally.

Just had a thought , isn’t there something about we have to have one player we have developed in the match day squad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Just had a thought , isn’t there something about we have to have one player we have developed in the match day squad ?
    If that is the case then I don't think that we had one on Saturday so can we expect a points reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Maybe Cameron isnt ready or ever will be . The Championship is a highly competitive league.
    Maybe so mate, but the club aren't loaning him out, or showing any interest in playing him. Not to be facetious, and I'm no coach, but how do they ever know if a players ready or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Why? He's 21 years old and hasn't played senior football in his life, why do you think he's the answer at right back?

He needs a loan out somewhere so we can get an idea of how good he is and whether he could replace Peltier. Throwing him in now when we're trying to establish ourselves as a play-off contender would be naive and frankly, stupid.
    I didn't say he should be played. What I did say is he should hand in a request, as the club clearly aren't interested in him playing senior football for us. And you can add that to every single player in the academy top to bottom. If he can't do it at 21, and we aren't loaning him out, then either he should show a bit of endeavour and aim to prove to club wrong elsewhere, or we should get him off the wage bill, regardless of how big or small his wages are. Waste of everyones time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    If that is the case then I don't think that we had one on Saturday so can we expect a points reduction?
    I might be wrong but I’m sure I remember Warnock saying about this.

Maybe Jazz Richards qualifies as one of our own for the time he spent here in the youth team ?

33.11 Club Developed Players. Subject to Regulation 33.12, with the effect from the commencement of the 2018/19 Season each Club shall be required to nominate at least one Club Developed Player on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches). Where any Club does not name a Club Developed Player on the Team Sheet, that Club will only be permitted to name up to six substitutes on that Team Sheet (rather than the seven as permitted by Regulation 33.4).

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I might be wrong but I’m sure I remember Warnock saying about this.

Maybe Jazz Richards qualifies as one of our own for the time he spent here in the youth team ?

33.11 Club Developed Players. Subject to Regulation 33.12, with the effect from the commencement of the 2018/19 Season each Club shall be required to nominate at least one Club Developed Player on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches). Where any Club does not name a Club Developed Player on the Team Sheet, that Club will only be permitted to name up to six substitutes on that Team Sheet (rather than the seven as permitted by Regulation 33.4).
    How does Joe Ralls fit into this? He did join our youth system when he signed didn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How does Joe Ralls fit into this? He did join our youth system when he signed didn’t he?
    Sure he counts, cheating really mind isn’t it