+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robson-Kanu back for Wales?

Robson-Kanu back for Wales?

Hal Robson-Kanu: Baggies boss Bilic backs striker for Wales return

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50707474

Re: Robson-Kanu back for Wales?

Not for me, he chose to retire.

Its not like he is bale or ramsey standard or in a position we are desperate for.

He has never been a certain starter, i got no issues picking family over international football but you cant change your mind. It seems as though all the noise is coming from Bilic.

it's a NO from me too . he chose to retire

OK as a sub.

Not entirely who you justify dropping from the squad to accommodate an (in form?) average championship forward, who chose to step down from the national team at a relatively young age. We haven't missed him, and we won't miss him. No from me.

The question I ask is would he have come out of retirement if we hadn’t have qualified?

Definitely not.He chose to retire after we failed to qualify for the WC Finals. Sorry but he is not needed.

Wouldn't be my first choice and I'm sure Giggs would prefer a younger player in his squad but there's a lot of football to be played between now and June and we aren't exactly blessed with centre forwards.

Okay he may well have not bothered coming out of retirement had we not qualified but that should not be a reason to cut ones nose off to spite their face.

In-form fringe players would be the order of the day and I think that Giggs is right to not rule out the possibility of a recall.

HRK has the rest of the season to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wouldn't be my first choice and I'm sure Giggs would prefer a younger player in his squad but there's a lot of football to be played between now and June and we aren't exactly blessed with centre forwards.

Okay he may well have not bothered coming out of retirement had we not qualified but that should not be a reason to cut ones nose off to spite their face.

In-form fringe players would be the order of the day and I think that Giggs is right to not rule out the possibility of a recall.

HRK has the rest of the season to impress.
    I would hate to see him selected for the finals squad ahead of Sam Vokes who always turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I would hate to see him selected for the finals squad ahead of Sam Vokes who always turns up.
    I agree. Will never forget HRK's wonder goal against Belgium in the Euros (although Vokes header was pretty good too) but he decided to retire and I don't think he'd want to come back if we hadn't qualified this time.

I must be wrong but I thought he retired because Giggs said he was not in his plans.

Feck him.

First instinct is to say no, he retired from international football but if he's scored 25 goals by the end of the season do we really leave him at home out of principle?

Also heard that he quit for family reasons originally but they've evened out, and that he's actually been in talks about coming back for a while, i.e before the end of the qualifying campaign. Although I'm not sure what talks you need to make yourself eligible again, it seems like it'd just be a phonecall saying I'm in if you need me

We have our full quota of English players already. Another no.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    We have our full quota of English players already. Another no.
    What’s our quota and how many do we actually have in and around the squad?

Why does it matter if he’s retired or not?
    It’s simple: Giggs picks the best players available to him when the time comes around. If that includes Hal Robson-Kanu, then so be it.
    There’s been plenty of talk in recent months about how democracy allows you to change your mind.
    How is this any different?

If Zohore was Welsh woudl you pick him or Robson-Kan ( you getting two players for one , if you chose Robson & Kanu )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If Zohore was Welsh woudl you pick him or Robson-Kan ( you getting two players for one , if you chose Robson & Kanu )
    HRK considering ones keeping the other out of the team ;)