+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carlisle At The Moment

Carlisle At The Moment

One up, looks like disappointment for our Forest Green poster so far.

Re: Carlisle At The Moment

Carlisle home it is then, FA Cup has lost its magic on here, nobody seems interested

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Carlisle home it is then, FA Cup has lost its magic on here, nobody seems interested
    Just going out to buy tin foil and cardboard..

Warnock used to say the club would take cup competitions seriously when the supporters started doing so. I reckon he got things arse about face there and I'm going to go to the Carlisle match hopeful that, based on his record at Millwall, this manager's attitude will be very different to Warnock, Slade, Mackay etc.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock used to say the club would take cup competitions seriously when the supporters started doing so. I reckon he got things arse about face there and I'm going to go to the Carlisle match hopeful that, based on his record at Millwall, this manager's attitude will be very different to Warnock, Slade, Mackay etc.
    Is that the same Mackay who took us to within a penalty or two of winning the League Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that the same Mackay who took us to within a penalty or two of winning the League Cup?
    It's the one that fielded reserve teams in the early rounds of the 11/12 League Cup and led us to defeats at the first hurdle in our promotion season under him - he only became seriously interested in the League Cup once we had got through two or three rounds,