+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Wettest/Coldest you've Ever Been At The Football

Re: The Wettest/Coldest you've Ever Been At The Football

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If your dad said so then he was right! One thing is for sure, they were a sight to behold as you walked towards the ground on a cold dark night. They made a fantastic noise when they were powered up as well, it was like a giant was awakening!

Did they?! I'd have loved to have heard that!

Does anyone else think that the 'light show' at CCS prior to Wales games (do they do it before City evening games as well?) is just the grounds man in the electricity 'cupboard' switching the lights on and off, or is it just me?

Wettest Wimbledon away (before they were MK Dons) at National Hockey Stadium.

Coldest Plymouth away on Boxing Day in early 00s, before they redeveloped the away end. 2k Bluebirds freezing their tits off wearing Santa hats, whilst losing.

First Team

Fulham years ago when Keegan was their manager and Hibbert ours.
    Tipped down all night and we few were stood on an uncovered terrace. Wimbledon at the national Hockey centre gets an honourable wet mention as well.
    Gillingham was always freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Fulham years ago when Keegan was their manager and Hibbert ours.
    Tipped down all night and we few were stood on an uncovered terrace. Wimbledon at the national Hockey centre gets an honourable wet mention as well.
    Gillingham was always freezing.
    You sure the League Cup game when Keegan was manager (think Burrows was ours) was the pissing down game as it was in August 1998? The one I referenced where we lost 4-2 in front of a crowd of just over 2200 was in December 1995. Definitely pissing down that night!!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You sure the League Cup game when Keegan was manager (think Burrows was ours) was the pissing down game as it was in August 1998? The one I referenced where we lost 4-2 in front of a crowd of just over 2200 was in December 1995. Definitely pissing down that night!!
    You could well be right as my memory is shot. I am pretty sure Beardsley played for Fulham that night but then again my powers of recollection are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Coldest for me the FA Cup replay at Crewe, January 2001. Way below freezing, the game was played on an ice-covered pitch, players falling over, a pitch invasion, and we lost...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/1120926.stm

Great days!
    Yes Crewe was cold that night but worse for me was Millwall home on a February Friday night 2005. Just come home from Australia that day. So miserable I wanted to go home, believe it or not the only time I have felt like that whilst at a match.

afan lido at home back in the day... got soaked and froze on same day...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    remember Chelsea away 1976. Torrential rain for 140 miles, 90 minutes in ground, and 140 miles back. Went into shed end by mistake so kept dry - didn't have any trouble either..

...was on the North bank..absolutely soaked...lost 2.0?
    we bricked their shitty scoreboard to keep warm.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Memory playing tricks with you. We lost on penalties after a 1-1 draw

....and it wasn't that cold Bobby..you've been softened living in Surrey too long

Fulham away Xmas 95 got there late missed us scoring early watched Fulham fire 4 past us as my brown leather jacket stained my white brains beers at kit!!! Left before the end and missed us get a consolation as l was missing a party going on at my house with a load of Swedish girls my paper mill had brought over to work for a month!! Disastrous day all round

Wigan away march 96 was a shocker as well totally out in the open as once again we got pasted

Newcastle away last season was probably my coldest

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Fulham away Xmas 95 got there late missed us scoring early watched Fulham fire 4 past us as my brown leather jacket stained my white brains beers at kit!!! Left before the end and missed us get a consolation as l was missing a party going on at my house with a load of Swedish girls my paper mill had brought over to work for a month!! Disastrous day all round

Wigan away march 96 was a shocker as well totally out in the open as once again we got pasted
    Just noticed someone else has mentioned this game if we went 2 up I missed both goals at the start then!! It's the only time I've ever left a match before the final whistle

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Watford kast year was pretty bad....or am I just getting old!?
    Watford was very wet. I went prepared with my best pair of Gortex overtrousers. Which was a good idea until the rain came in around the waist and I bust the zip trying to get them off with cold hands. Not as wet as that Southampton match though. Pockets were filling up with water and I got trench hands.

Banned

That's on you tube that match.
    Stant scored a couple

Queuing for 8 hours at Ninian Park in 2008 for tickets for the cup semi final v Barnsley in freezing cold weather. It was like something from One Day in the life of Ivan Denisovich!!.