Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
Wettest

Southampton. 2-1 1st game of season on the Bob Bank terrace. It was August ffs!
Bristol Rovers away at Twerton Park Bath on open terrace mid-day kick off. Lost 2-1 think Blake scored.
Fulham away in the 80s. Arrived late just missed us going 2-0 up. We ended up 4-2 down and got drenched.

Coldest.

Sheff Utd Lost 3-0 away midweek in the late 70s. Went to school in the morning but mate persuaded me to bunk off the afternoon on supporter's coach wearing only shirt and school trousers as I dumped my blazer!

Moscow Wales play off game in November
That Bristol Rovers game in the mid 90s. Early kick off I think. Soaked through to our pants and socks. Shit performance and to top it all off an announcement on the tannoy for all of us Welsh fans who had travelled by train, not to worry, there was a special train laid onto take us direct from Bristol Parkway to CardiffCentral and we will be home in time for the rugby!!!

At least it lightened the mood. Chants of “You can stick your ****ing rugby up your arse” at the ground and when departing the train back at Central.

The Southampton game was first home game of the season I think. They wouldn’t allow umbrellas on the lower bob, the only area not covered. . They were selling rain ponchos ffs