+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for tonight?

Team for tonight?

Apparently Ralls has been training since Monday last week so you'd hope he'd be fit enough to start with what looks like a long term injury for Bacuna:

Etheridge (Though I prefer Smithies)

Peltier
    Flint
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls

NML
    Tomlin (Not sure if he'll start away to decent Brentford side after playing 95 on Saturday, so maybe goes for Paterson?)
    Hoilett

Madine (With Ward off the bench)

Also, does anybody know how long Whyte is out for? I really think he'd flourish in this side.

Re: Team for tonight?

The Wales Online 'transcript' of Harris' pre-match press conference has disappeared from their site - so can't link it - but I'm sure he said Whyte is back training with the first team and nearly ready, and that Bacuna's injury isn't as serious as first thought - impact not tear.

How long for Glatzel? I reckon he might look a compete different player in this team.

Sky Sports team news:

Brentford boss Thomas Frank could still be without a number of players ahead of his side's Sky Bet Championship clash with Cardiff at Griffin Park. Defensive duo Henrik Dalsgaard and Pontus Jansson both missed the Bees' 2-1 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, the former through illness, and it remains to be seen whether the Dane has recovered in time.

Frank is definitely without Sergi Canos and Nikos Karelis with knee injuries, while Joel Valencia continues to recover from a dislocated shoulder. Frank's side will be aiming for a third consecutive home victory as they seek to press their claim for a play-off place.

Leandro Bacuna is Cardiff boss Neil Harris' major doubt after the midfielder limped out of Saturday's 3-2 home win over Barnsley with an ankle injury. Harris does have a number of other players fit again and vying for places in a squad that has picked up 10 points from 12 since he took charge.

Striker Gavin Whyte is available after being out for three weeks, along with another forward in Robert Glatzel who has missed the last seven weeks with a hamstring problem. Fellow striker Omar Bogle is also ready to step in after nearly three weeks out, while midfielder Joe Ralls is close to a comeback and will either be part of the squad on Wednesday, or if not, then on Saturday for the trip to Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    Apparently Ralls has been training since Monday last week so you'd hope he'd be fit enough to start with what looks like a long term injury for Bacuna:

Peltier
    Flint
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls

NML
    Tomlin (Not sure if he'll start away to decent Brentford side after playing 95 on Saturday, so maybe goes for Paterson?)
    Hoilett

Also, does anybody know how long Whyte is out for? I really think he'd flourish in this side.
    Yes I think I'd go with Pato for Tomlin to soften them up a bit first. Ralls in for Bacuna.
    He may swap Ward for Madine to give Ward some proper game time.

Defence picks itself really.

Up the City

Out of interest what have you seen in Whyte that makes you think he would flourish?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Out of interest what have you seen in Whyte that makes you think he would flourish?
    I've been a big fan of his ever since he joined. Obviously quite raw in some areas but I think Harris' style will suit him. He's a technical player, who I believe is a quick passer of the ball and would benefit more with the full backs joining in attacks more than they did under Warnock. I've also seen on a few occasions him beating a man and getting a good delivery in which will only be good for Madine to get on the end of. I also think he's defensively our best winger alongside Hoilett so would help solidify and not get caught on the break as often.

Of course as with a lot of opinions I could be very wrong, but I'm excited to see what this team looks like with Ralls, Whyte and Glatzel coming in under this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post

Peltier
    Flint
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls

NML
    Hoilett

Paterson a reasonable utility sub but not a starter in my opinion.
    Prefer Ward to start as opposed to Madine - more movement.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    How long for Glatzel? I reckon he might look a compete different player in this team.
    I’m hoping him and Tomlin can get a good partnership going.

I understand people have written Glatzel off prematurely, that’s their opinion, but I honestly think he can start to enjoy himself under Harris and playing with Tomlin, and even pack to a degree who isn’t too shabby a passer (yes a few do go astray)

A bit of movement up top off our striker will help Tomlin, I don’t think Ward is overly good at it (not saying he’s terrible either) but he does make runs and this paid off on the weekend as the movement helped Tomlin, and I think the fact that Tomlin can pick a pass will help Glatzel with his movement (made sense in my head ) and he won’t just be stood there waiting for a pass over his head and not knowing where to run. May take a couple of games, hopefully it all clicks.

If it doesn’t, then I’ll start to think like others that he’s possibly up to it, but we need to see him play in a team that uses the ball on the floor before we can write him off, like many on here have.

Agree. Glatzel has something to prove amd will play his part this season, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Having said that, I'd rather him have a few games for the reserves first, to prove his fitness beyond doubt.
    We don't want a repeat of Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree. Glatzel has something to prove amd will play his part this season, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Having said that, I'd rather him have a few games for the reserves first, to prove his fitness beyond doubt.
    We don't want a repeat of Sol.
    Anyone know if he’s had a run out? This would make sense to use him in one u23 game at least. That said, half hour cameo tonight ready to rip Leeds apart at the weekend works as well.