+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boris The Sh*thouse

Re: Boris The Sh*thouse

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don't you know that corbyn is going to take us back to the 70s, the country will be destroyed. Usual rhetorical bullshit dished out by people who don't seem to want to find out what's on offer. Anyone who votes for that fat piece of shit is going to contribute towards people suffering. I hope that they can check their conscience and vote labour, not the liberals as she voted for every archaic poverty based policy that the Tories had on offer during the coalition. She's another piece of shit.
    The terrorist sympathiser is ok though?
    I quite like corbyn, his past is sketchy though, a bit like his posh upbringing he doesn’t talk too much about

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You think that Blair was left wing? **** me, the bloke got three terms because he was more Tory than some of the Tories.

This is why we need labour and Tory party’s to split, labour have too many lefties and some of the tories are far too right. They might aswell get on with it so we can have a decent choice for once

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If you’re going back to the past interest rates under Thatcher were also astronomical and her right to buy scheme has resulted in today’s drastic housing problem. The past is the past but that stand out Tory legacy reverberates today.
    I started work just before that time, I was on building sites with blokes who were skint, couldnt afford to live, couldnt sell the house as they owed more than it was worth, interest rates were massive, sad times, Austerity this time around doesnt seem as bad as them times, maybe it was i was younger and felt for them, maybe the building sites are the same now and my friends circle has changed to people who are not suffering

oh and the help to buy was a stupid move, Oh lets sell off the housing stock to people who in 5 years time will sell up ( to landlords ) live well for a while and then end back up in social housing but this time at the mercy of landlords

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I cant believe how anyone can vote for this cowardly turd and his mendacious party.
    Well when the alternative is Jeremy Corbyn......

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'll never understand Welsh people being annoyed by the Welsh language, ITV will be showing a documentary on when Glantaf opened and some of the abuse levelled at schoolchildren for speaking Welsh is shocking

There can't be another country that hates itself and its culture more than Wales
    I agree it's bizarre. I got stick when growing up for speaking Welsh, in Wales. Rhyfedd.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Glad you see Brexit as more important that the NHS, sorting out child poverty and the homeless etc
    Didn't you read Jimmy's third paragraph.

And do you really think that with some NHS trusts that we won't still get people on trolleys or the floor no matter how much money you throw at it?

He did what Blair and co had to do to get some kind of agreement and peace in northern Ireland, you could say that he was ahead of his time because the DUP thought it a good idea and followed suit .

But it is ultimately funded by Westminster. Glad you agree the NHS is a mess. Ask yourself which party is responsible.
    So the Assembly have nothing to answer for on the NHS then.

In reply to the OP, he is absolutely one.
    If the polls are to be believed regarding his lead, he has absconded for fear of fùcking it up.

However, the alternative is Corbyn who also seems to be doing a pretty good job of ruining his own chances by actually speaking.
    This makes Johnson the smarter of the two

We are in a similar position to the US for the presidency, Trump or Clinton.

Lord help us!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    In reply to the OP, he is absolutely one.
    If the polls are to be believed regarding his lead, he has absconded for fear of fùcking it up.

However, the alternative is Corbyn who also seems to be doing a pretty good job of ruining his own chances by actually speaking.
    This makes Johnson the smarter of the two

We are in a similar position to the US for the presidency, Trump or Clinton.

Lord help us!
    Aint that the truth....

Politics has gone mad . Who would have believed Trump would be in charge of USA ?

And we have a choice between Boris and Corbyn ...god help us all.

I reckon that people need to take a look at what's going on around them. People freezing to death on the streets, working people in poverty and having to use food banks,waiting lists going up due to cuts, mental health across the nation suffering, effective wage cuts for all, the sick, elderly and vulnerable not able to get the support they need due to massive budget cuts to local authorities, enforced by Westminster, young people having no chance of affordable housing, zero hour contracts where people can't plan their future as they have no idea if they're going to have any work next week. The Tories don't care about any of those people who have been screwed due to an ideology that is designed to destroy the working classes and cosy up to big business and bosses. Boris wants out of the EU because of regulation, the regulation implemented by the EU simply isn't right wing enough for him, he wants to deregulate further so that the poor end up poorer and him and his mates can exploit even more people for profit.

Don't vote for the evil bastards

To provide balance

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I think he is a lying buffoon

First time I haven't voted Tory since the 70's

Corbyn isnt an option. No Lib Dem candidate due to the "pact"

So it's Green or nothing, still undecided on this choice.

General public 2009 - the two main parties are the same.

General public 2019 - the two main parties are extremists.

If we were talking about a US election then the choice would be polarised. Reality is however that Corbyn will need other parties in order to govern. A labour led minority gov will retain the good bits of the manifesto and get rid of the more wacky stuff. A Tory majority government will be the same sort of shitshow we have seen for years where nothing gets done and their entire focus is around telling us they are doing a good job and that it's everyone elses fault.

Johnson isn't as daft as he makes out. Someone I know had dealings with him when he was mayor of London and summed him up brilliantly:
    He won't turn up to meetings or will turn up late. He will be unprepared. He will ingratiate himself by making amusing comments and coming across as a bit of a buffoon. He'll leave and let everybody else to get on with it/clear up his mess. Effectively he has got his way. I'd say that is a very accurate description of what is going on in this election campaign. A bit like Trump, people know he tells lies but he tells lies that people like to hear and that he's really a good sort and will vote for him anyway. A bit like people who read the Tory Express. They are happy and comfortable to hand over cash to read stories about "people like us". God forbid there was ever a positive story about anyone from an ethnic minority who isn't in sport/on Strictly/ possibly a war veteran, in that rag. And goodbye Northern Ireland. You have been sold off to help achieve Johnson's ambition of making his mark in history for something other than being UKs least successful PM. Rant over. Anything happening tonight? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    General public 2009 - the two main parties are the same.

General public 2019 - the two main parties are extremists.

If we were talking about a US election then the choice would be polarised. Reality is however that Corbyn will need other parties in order to govern. A labour led minority gov will retain the good bits of the manifesto and get rid of the more wacky stuff. A Tory majority government will be the same sort of shitshow we have seen for years where nothing gets done and their entire focus is around telling us they are doing a good job and that it's everyone elses fault.
    In your opinion, what's the "more wacky stuff"?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You what?
    The top rates were very high back then, but I'm certain they were nowhere near that high for people on the average wage for that time.
    He never said his dad was on average wage, he said he was a docker. Remember that was a nationalised industry and every time they wanted more money they went on strike until the government gave in to them. Once the rail water gas etc are re-nationalised it will be just like before, overmanned with no incentive to do better and if like in the south West this month, the rail men go on strike then they will be joined by the rest of the rail men all over the country, and everything will grind to a halt until the government gives in and gives them more money and we'll be back where we started and a 3 day week.

The principle of nationalisation is fantastic but sadly the reality is the many frequently held to ransom by the few!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He never said his dad was on average wage, he said he was a docker. Remember that was a nationalised industry and every time they wanted more money they went on strike until the government gave in to them. Once the rail water gas etc are re-nationalised it will be just like before, overmanned with no incentive to do better and if like in the south West this month, the rail men go on strike then they will be joined by the rest of the rail men all over the country, and everything will grind to a halt until the government gives in and gives them more money and we'll be back where we started and a 3 day week.

The principle of nationalisation is fantastic but sadly the reality is the many frequently held to ransom by the few!
    So why is nationalisation far from a flop in other countries? How come nationalised rail operators run trains in this country?

the worst prime minister in my lifetime

I get why Corbyn is unpopular, but I don't get how anyone would vote for Boris over him.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

There's no way dockers were on the sort of wages that would put them on top rate tax in the 70s.

Taken from an article in the Daily Telegraph;-

"In 1974 the top rate of tax was raised to 83pc by the then Chancellor Dennis Healey, as part of a tax regime which he famously said would "make the pips squeak", in desperate bid to boost the failing economy.

Over the period which lasted from 1974 to 1979, when Margaret Thatcher's Conservatives took power, there was also an investment income tax surcharge of 15pc which pushed the top rate up to 98pc for some taxpayers.

When the 83pc rate was introduced just 46,000 people were eligible to pay it as the minimum earnings threshold was £20,000, equivalent to £191,000 in today's money.

Back then a salary of around £8,000 a year would be enough to put someone in the top 1pc of earners. "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...raph-analysis/

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In your opinion, what's the "more wacky stuff"?
    The broadband pledge is a great example. Obviously if you want infrastructure to cover the country then you can't rely on private companies to do so willingly because enough of the network would be unprofitable to build. The two options are 1) you force them or 2) you build the network yourself as a public asset. Network built, rural communities reached and job done. Why then does the service need to be provided by the government? They have identified a need and then dragged that example to its ideological endpoint.

I have no real issue with nationalisation but it needs to be in the interest of the public to do so and not driven by ideology alone. The majority of it meets that requirement in my opinion.

The waspi pledge got on my nerves too. The figure they are saying appears to include almost every woman who had their pension age moved regardless of the notice they were given. This isn't costed, so what we are saying in effect is, either current working people pay for this pledge through taxation or we increase the debt and someone pays for it in the future. I am all for helping people who had the rug pulled out from beneath them and are struggling because of a poor transition but this is just vote buying pure and simple.

International

So why is nationalisation far from a flop in other countries? How come nationalised rail operators run trains in this country?
    Perhaps the people operating nationalised industries in other countries have national pride or pride in their work more than ours. I don't know but I do know that our nationalised industries were badly run and the people running them, from sevior management down ahd no insentive to improve.
    Actually the railways are all private. They did renationalise one, the eastern region I think, but have since re privatised it again.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I think he is a lovely man.

I iwll be voting for him as he is the only one who can get Brexit over the line . .
    There's been some breaking news:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...42346.html?amp

May want to rethink that one, Jimbo.

What we need in this country is a revitalised labour party and a clearing out of the dead wood like corbyn , his shadow chancellor and diane Abbott and her sort ........corbyn is hopeless and wont attract the floating voter needed to kick the arse of the Eton boy and his chums

If labour had a decent leader and the liberals were not led by that yellow tory then they could have had an election pact to ensure that they were not competing for the anti tory vote ......which is massive in this country ......they will probably only get 40 PERCENT of the vote but because labour under corbyn have been so crap we are looking at a tory majority and an arsehole running the country

Jo Stephens, mp for cardiff central would make a good leader and for the liberals the former labour mps chukka Ummuna or Luciana Berger

They together could form a lib lab centralist movement which this country is crying out for , with our first past the post system you have to play the tories at their own game

As for social policy the tories don't give a toss about the working class , Thatcher bribed them with council houses then shit on them by closing down the heavy industry and manufacturing base they relied on

But sadly some people never learn .....in the former heavy industrial areas where so much investment was from Europe bigotry and lies fooled those areas to vote leave and when the parliamentary labour party understandably said hold on let's think about this .....together with enlightened tories and a few liberals ......the perfect breeding ground for boris the Brexit champion was made

Those very areas are going to suffer for helping the tories get a majority , their roads , libraries , youth clubs , community centres , hospitals , elderly care etc .......but all we can say is we told you not to vote conservative , it's too late to moan now

My elderly mother has carers in to help her wash , dress and clean , one of them is from a very poor area of bridgend .........she told me she was going to vote conservative because there are too many immigrants .......in bridgend ?...........and boris has told everyone he's going to sort it out , when I pointed out boris always tells lies and always will and voting tory in bridgend would mean poor families like hers would suffer it went whoosh right over her head

I am afraid with corbyn as leader and an uneducated floating voter the eton boy is going to preside over the wrecking of the NHS , social services and lead us out of europe into oblivion

This country has handed the titanic over to the tories and boris is captain

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What we need in this country is a revitalised labour party and a clearing out of the dead wood like corbyn , his shadow chancellor and diane Abbott and her sort ........corbyn is hopeless and wont attract the floating voter needed to kick the arse of the Eton boy and his chums

If labour had a decent leader and the liberals were not led by that yellow tory then they could have had an election pact to ensure that they were not competing for the anti tory vote ......which is massive in this country ......they will probably only get 40 PERCENT of the vote but because labour under corbyn have been so crap we are looking at a tory majority and an arsehole running the country

Jo Stephens, mp for cardiff central would make a good leader and for the liberals the former labour mps chukka Ummuna or Luciana Berger

They together could form a lib lab centralist movement which this country is crying out for , with our first past the post system you have to play the tories at their own game

As for social policy the tories don't give a toss about the working class , Thatcher bribed them with council houses then shit on them by closing down the heavy industry and manufacturing base they relied on

But sadly some people never learn .....in the former heavy industrial areas where so much investment was from Europe bigotry and lies fooled those areas to vote leave and when the parliamentary labour party understandably said hold on let's think about this .....together with enlightened tories and a few liberals ......the perfect breeding ground for boris the Brexit champion was made

Those very areas are going to suffer for helping the tories get a majority , their roads , libraries , youth clubs , community centres , hospitals , elderly care etc .......but all we can say is we told you not to vote conservative , it's too late to moan now

My elderly mother has carers in to help her wash , dress and clean , one of them is from a very poor area of bridgend .........she told me she was going to vote conservative because there are too many immigrants .......in bridgend ?...........and boris has told everyone he's going to sort it out , when I pointed out boris always tells lies and always will and voting tory in bridgend would mean poor families like hers would suffer it went whoosh right over her head

I am afraid with corbyn as leader and an uneducated floating voter the eton boy is going to preside over the wrecking of the NHS , social services and lead us out of europe into oblivion

This country has handed the titanic over to the tories and boris is captain
    All Corbyn is doing is implementing Left Wing policies, he's not even hard left, he's what The Labour Party should stand for. Just goes to show how right wing previous Labour administrations had become if people see Corbyn as some mad Trot, he's not even close. Also, Chuka Umunna is a Tory Twat.