+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonight's game will be intersting.

Tonight's game will be intersting.

Brentford can be classed as a footballing side, or puerile knock the ball about for the sake of it, depending which side of the fence you're on. This is Harris' first test against a team that likes possession and who like to play through the lines with quick one touch in the final third. Under Warnock we wore teams like Brentford down, playing on their soft spot. It'll be interesting to see how Harris acts tactically against them. Will Tomlin play? How about Madine? I think that Harris will want us to play but only in the right areas. If Tomlin starts then it'll be very interesting to see how we play with that added attacking threat but the likelihood of space opening up in the midfield, which i'm all for. Looking forward to it.

Re: Tonight's game will be intersting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Brentford can be classed as a footballing side, or puerile knock the ball about for the sake of it, depending which side of the fence you're on. This is Harris' first test against a team that likes possession and who like to play through the lines with quick one touch in the final third. Under Warnock we wore teams like Brentford down, playing on their soft spot. It'll be interesting to see how Harris acts tactically against them. Will Tomlin play? How about Madine? I think that Harris will want us to play but only in the right areas. If Tomlin starts then it'll be very interesting to see how we play with that added attacking threat but the likelihood of space opening up in the midfield, which i'm all for. Looking forward to it.
    Harris has spoken highly about Tomlins defensive work. No idea where I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Harris has spoken highly about Tomlins defensive work. No idea where I saw it.
    Tomlin does track back, i'll give him that. He's going to get the wrong side now and again due to the way he plays, although i'm all for taking some risks and giving our only real creative spark some license.

They’re below us in the table, like us, not very consistent (although we may have turned that around, fingers x), can’t see any reason why we can’t have a go at them, they’ve melted before our eyes before.

Tomlin does track back, i'll give him that. He's going to get the wrong side now and again due to the way he plays, although i'm all for taking some risks and giving our only real creative spark some license.
    Yeah, he mentioned his clever runs, I’m guessing he’s talking about blocking passing lanes and using his football brain rather than the obvious “charging down at your man” that our lot associate with good defending.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah, he mentioned his clever runs, I’m guessing he’s talking about blocking passing lanes and using his football brain rather than the obvious “charging down at your man” that our lot associate with good defending.
    Yup, i guess he means positioning himself during games. Why break bones when a clever bit of positional play can achieve exactly the same outcome.

Yup, i guess he means positioning himself during games. Why break bones when a clever bit of positional play can achieve exactly the same outcome.
    Amen

I saw it on the last game , in way I wished he had kept more in the tank , as a 10 surely he just tracks to the halfway line ,not our penalty box ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I saw it on the last game , in way I wished he had kept more in the tank , as a 10 surely he just tracks to the halfway line ,not our penalty box ?
    It’s not too bad if it’s now and again, but under Warnock it was demanded all game long. I agree with him only tracking back so far because his main role is to create, but there’s no harm helping out during the game