+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock Mark II

Warnock Mark II

Nothing has changed. Could easily have been Warnock in charge of that team. Our wide men are truly shit.

Re: Warnock Mark II

I disagree. He tried to change the game. It almost worked. It’s not Harris’ fault Paterson is shit.

Seriously?
    Hes not going to work miracles with the squad hes inherited. Our central midfield is weak and hes been missing our best midfielder.

Hes brought in Tomlin who is playing well and is showing he can last the 90. Weve stooped the throw ins constantly up the line and are trying to pass it more.

Its not his fault that a number of players he didnt sign had poor games or are not good enough.

At one point I thought we were going to be blown away but we fought back and could have nicked a draw.

First 60 minutes couldn't agree more.
    If the manager was more responsible for the last 30 minutes , the future could be bright.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I disagree. He tried to change the game. It almost worked. It’s not Harris’ fault Paterson is shit.
    Paterson is a fellow Scot...Shouldn't get anywhere near the first team .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If the manager was more responsible for the last 30 minutes , the future could be bright.
    I agree last 30 minutes we played well.

Pep wouldnt transform us in the same time Harris has had.

It is his fault, his tactics were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It's the manager who is responsible for the first 60 minutes. He set them up to defend and ****ed up.

Bit harsh.

The first 60 minutes were appalling, sick of seeing us sit back until we're losing then we finally start to attack and create chances. He needs a lot more time here (and minimum 2 windows) before throwing around rubbish like this, it's his first defeat ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It is his fault, his tactics were wrong.
    I’m not saying he’s blameless, but at least he tried to adapt. Which is more than Warnock would have done.

I’m not saying he’s blameless, but at least he tried to adapt. Which is more than Warnock would have done.
    Fair shout.

There is a well-known saying......you can't make a silk pause out of a sow's ear.

The time to judge Harris will be if and when he replaces the Warnock non-performers with players more capable of producing a brand of football we can all be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    There is a well-known saying......you can't make a silk pause out of a sow's ear.

The time to judge Harris will be if and when he replaces the Warnock non-performers with players more capable of producing a brand of football we can all be proud of.
    Can you fast forward or rewind the silk though:

Well, i'm going to judge him now, and i'd say that he ****ed up his tactics tonight. Brentford did not like being put under pressure and at times struggled when we played in their half. Harris was forced into that situation by getting it wrong initially.

I hate predictive text !!! lol

It happens ,no crime committed. 😉

I almost told you to **** off right after you posted this. But I just logged off instead.

If Warnock was in charge yesterday, we would not have had that exciting finish. It would have ended 3-0 or worse.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, i'm going to judge him now, and i'd say that he ****ed up his tactics tonight. Brentford did not like being put under pressure and at times struggled when we played in their half. Harris was forced into that situation by getting it wrong initially.
    I question whether our squad, which Has so many players aged twenty nine or over, is capable of playing like that for ninety minutes - Harris said in his pre game press conference that the squad wasn't fit enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Nothing has changed. Could easily have been Warnock in charge of that team. Our wide men are truly shit.
    Saw more passing from Cardiff in that game than half a season under dinasaurus warnock

I would rather Paterson start up front than Ward, piss poor tactics for the first hour cost us

There should be a good number of players leaving over the next two transfer Windows, and it will be interesting to see who Harris brings in as replacements?

If fit Glatzel, Ralls, Whyte and Morrison should all start on Saturday

One other idea maybe Harris could introduce is to tell them five minutes before kick off that we've actually started

Average manager with average tactical nous and found out last night, let's see how he responds on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I question whether our squad, which Has so many players aged twenty nine or over, is capable of playing like that for ninety minutes - Harris said in his pre game press conference that the squad wasn't fit enough.
    I thought exactly that whilst watching last night, to play at intensity they did in that last 30 minutes. Fitness is certainly a factor.