+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mr. Harris. 3 things you should know.

Mr. Harris. 3 things you should know.

1. Never,ever play Murphy. 2. Never,ever start with Ward. 3. Never,ever bring Patterson to get a goal. We know all this but obviously nobody has told you.☹️

Re: Mr. Harris. 3 things you should know.

NML How ****ing bad a footballer is he? Jesus..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    NML How ****ing bad a footballer is he? Jesus..
    After the poor display on Saturday, I was surprised to see him start last night, I can understand a player being a bit off form and not playing to their usual standards but how can you excuse basic mistakes, he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Looks like he's lost his hunger for the game and needs to either shape up or ship out along with Murphy

Didn't see NML yesterday but I've been really impressed with him this season. He's one of our best players but is this the start of the bizarre lack of form over winter again? What's that all about! Man up NML!

Mitten-wearing is always an excellent indicator of perceived preciousness amongst footballers when the weather gets colder. It was once the preserve of those who turned out for Man City and the like but no longer.

At least three times on Saturday he let the ball run under his feet for a throw in, he's mistake last night in the middle of the park allowed Brentford to turn an attacking move from us to an attacking move from them which resulted in the first goal.

Off form a bit I can understand, but giving the ball away so cheaply is disgraceful at that level

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli View Post
    1. Never,ever play Murphy. 2. Never,ever start with Ward. 3. Never,ever bring Patterson to get a goal. We know all this but obviously nobody has told you.☹️
    Don’t want to be too harsh on Murphy because who knows what’s going on in his life, but his attitude looks appalling. Ducking out of some of those challenges last night was poor.

I think his time with us is over

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli View Post
    My thoughts exactly. And how crap is Paterson now? And NML, can't even trap a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Don’t want to be too harsh on Murphy because who knows what’s going on in his life, but his attitude looks appalling. Ducking out of some of those challenges last night was poor.

I think his time with us is over
    He had a shocking start to the game but definitely got better as it went on.

One thing that I'm really surprised that ANY manager tolerates, and it was VERY evident last night, as we spent a good few minutes playing with 10 men after Hoilett went off, is subs not being ready to play when called upon. Surely every sub should be sitting on the bench in their full kit ready to play, whenever called upon. Holiett was down for ages getting treatment, so even if Murphy wasn't ready, he should have been getting ready, surely?

Murphy had to put his shirt on and as result Brentford passed the ball around for seemingly ages, against 10 men, before the ball went out of play again - imagine if we'd conceded during that period.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He had a shocking start to the game but definitely got better as it went on.

One thing that I'm really surprised that ANY manager tolerates, and it was VERY evident last night, as we spent a good few minutes playing with 10 men after Hoilett went off, is subs not being ready to play when called upon. Surely every sub should be sitting on the bench in their full kit ready to play, whenever called upon. Holiett was down for ages getting treatment, so even if Murphy wasn't ready, he should have been getting ready, surely?

Murphy had to put his shirt on and as result Brentford passed the ball around for seemingly ages, against 10 men, before the ball went out of play again - imagine if we'd conceded during that period.......
    Good point you raised. Surely they only need to unzip their benchcoats? You sometimes see subs putting in their shinpads, all of which takes time.

I saw it happen in an EPL game last weekend. Ludicrous.

Easily remedied though. If you're on the bench, be ready to play. If not, get dropped/fined/suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I saw it happen in an EPL game last weekend. Ludicrous.

Easily remedied though. If you're on the bench, be ready to play. If not, get dropped/fined/suspended.
    EXACTLY. How hard can it be?

If someone turns up for work/a meeting unprepared or not ready then they’ll normally get a talking to by their line manager to make sure that it doesn’t happen again. It is just unprofessional and inconsiderate.

And yet it seemingly happens all the time with subs at football matches. 🙄

..another thing that pisses me off..everyone does it now..
    you get a free kick and an opposition player runs to the ball and just stands there..when they should be retreating 10 yds..instant booking for me..it's akin to kicking the ball away to buy time.
    ref should go in each changing room before the game and say just that..sorted...we do it too

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..another thing that pisses me off..everyone does it now..
    you get a free kick and an opposition player runs to the ball and just stands there..when they should be retreating 10 yds..instant booking for me..it's akin to kicking the ball away to buy time.
    ref should go in each changing room before the game and say just that..sorted...we do it too
    Agree with that too - pure gamesmanship.

Remember a few years ago when football introduced the same rule that rugby uses so well, of advancing a free kick further for the attacking team if the defending players don't retreat? And then they stopped using it

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agree with that too - pure gamesmanship.

Remember a few years ago when football introduced the same rule that rugby uses so well, of advancing a free kick further for the attacking team if the defending players don't retreat? And then they stopped using it
    The egg is one of the most boring sports of all time but some of their rules would work really well in football as would the absolute and total respect for the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Mitten-wearing is always an excellent indicator of perceived preciousness amongst footballers when the weather gets colder. It was once the preserve of those who turned out for Man City and the like but no longer.
    I have no problem with the gloves. If it makes the player more comfortable and doesn't interfere with his mobility, why not?