+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Junior Hoilett

Junior Hoilett

Is he really only 29 years old?

I could have sworn he's 34.

He should be starting every single game because he's by far the most consistent winger we have. Or the only consistent winger.

Murphy not even trying.

NML has lost the Rochdale hunger.

Bring in the Spaniard.

Problem is, would any team actually want to buy them at this price/contract?

Anyway, today I learned Junior Hoilett is young enough to start every game for us.

Re: Junior Hoilett

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

He should be starting every single game because he's by far the most consistent winger we have. Or the only consistent winger.

Murphy not even trying.

Bring in the Spaniard.

Anyway, today I learned Junior Hoilett is young enough to start every game for us.
    Junior does seem to have been around a long time, he is the best winger we have. I'm surprised Murphy is making as little effort for Harris as he did under Warnock, I can only assume he wants out rather than trying to impress the new manager

Murphy is one of the new breed of sulky footballers, not even happy being made a millionaire playing a sport most of us can only dream about....

Murphy wants out and I don’t think many would miss him.
    Problem is nobody is going to pay for him.

I wonder if he will change his name to Senior Hoilett when he turns 30?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Murphy is one of the new breed of sulky footballers, not even happy being made a millionaire playing a sport most of us can only dream about....
    He should be trying harder, but it must be frustrating to be a footballer in your mid-twenties knowing you've only got a few more years to realize your ambitions. Perhaps he just needs some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He is one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen down the City, which makes it all the more harder to work out what's gone wrong.

I think Murphy is just low on confidence. Some people really just don't don't carry themselves with an image that they are trying, when in fact they are. No doubt he and Warnock probably weren't best pals, but the club has seriously mismanaged a number of signings and should do it's best to rectify that before actually rebuilding. He and Reid could have been something special, particularly at this level, and Murphy still can be with us.

Tomlin was another out on the fringes but he has obviously been shown a bit of TLC, and given a solid run in the team, I'd like to see the same applied to Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He should be trying harder, but it must be frustrating to be a footballer in your mid-twenties knowing you've only got a few more years to realize your ambitions. Perhaps he just needs some guidance.
    Nah mate he’s sulking, how dare he, he earns a fortune playing a sport only few can dream of

/s

Who knows what’s going on with players like Murphy, but I bet it’s hard mentally, and no amount of money can prepare you for that, even if they are lucky to be where they are because of football.

Maybe a bit of support in some cases would help instead of assuming we know they can’t be arsed.

And now Hoilett is out this weekend :(

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nah mate he’s sulking, how dare he, he earns a fortune playing a sport only few can dream of

/s
    Spot on

Murphy not even trying.

Bring in the Spaniard.

Careful. He might make Young Player of the Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I wonder if he will change his name to Senior Hoilett when he turns 30?
    This is by a long way your best ever post on here