+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Madine v Danny Ward v Omar Bogle

Gary Madine v Danny Ward v Omar Bogle

Since the all signed for the club these are some interesting stats for these strikers, league games only.

Madine 10 starts (+15 sub apps), taken off in every game he has started. No goals. £6m

Ward 14 starts (+29 sub apps), taken off in 13 of his 14 starts, his first 90 minutes was v Birmingham last month. 10 goals. £1.6m

Bogle 6 starts (+15 sub apps), taken off in 4 of his 6 starts, 4 goals. £750k.

So three strikers have started 30 games and played in 59 sub appearances in 2 and a half seasons and scored 14 goals and cost £8.35m, and rarely play.

Add in Vassell who cost £2m and has played just two sub appearances and scored 1 goal., Glatzel 11 apps 2 goals (taken off in 8 off his starts. £5.5m

Hardly impressive work by Mr Warnock. £15.835m on this lot! Add in Omar Niasse last season and his zero goals too.

No wonder we struggle, if we had a proven goalscorer all of this lot could be offloaded.

Re: Gary Madine v Danny Ward v Omar Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Since the all signed for the club these are some interesting stats for these strikers, league games only.

Madine 10 starts (+15 sub apps), taken off in every game he has started. No goals. £6m

Ward 14 starts (+29 sub apps), taken off in 13 of his 14 starts, his first 90 minutes was v Birmingham last month. 10 goals. £1.6m

So three strikers have started 30 games and played in 59 sub appearances in 2 and a half seasons and scored 14 goals and cost £8.35m, and rarely play.

Add in Vassell who cost £2m and has played just two sub appearances and scored 1 goal., Glatzel 11 apps 2 goals (taken off in 8 off his starts. £5.5m

Hardly impressive work by Mr Warnock. £15.835m on this lot! Add in Omar Niasse last season and his zero goals too.

No wonder we struggle, if we had a proven goalscorer all of this lot could be offloaded.
    Our recruitment is so bad it's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Our recruitment is so bad it's a joke.
    The head scout is gone. That’s a start I suppose.

Madine to start for me on current form , he holds ball well, gives and goes ,,Ward on as a sub or try play them together instead fo teh llone striker role , that means dropping one of our wingers ?? .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Madine to start for me on current form , he holds ball well, gives and goes ,,Ward on as a sub or try play them together instead fo teh llone striker role , that means dropping one of our wingers ?? .

Tomlin and 2 strikers.

4231 with attacking midfielders tucked in rather than being useless out wide

4321 Tuck the wingers inside and let them make more central runs, absolutely useless out wide. Younger players we have in the academy can be taught to play differently.. or they might already have a bit more about them and not just run with their heads down

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If we persist with the tactics/formation away that we did against Brentford then the option of Madine starting Ward/Glatzel off the bench is the only one. Brentford haven;t changed since the last time we played them when we went up two years ago. Positive, vibrant and on the front foot from the off they bossed us for the 1st 30 mins in each game and deservedly went ahead. Last time we had a worldy from Bamba to subdue them them we bullied them into submission as they ran out of energy.

This time we didn't. They started the 2nd half the same way and by the time we got our arse in gear and they tired then it was too late. If we are going to play it tight by pumping long balls in the first half then Harris dropped a bollock by expecting Danny Ward to be a targetman. Everything came back at us too quickly as soon as a combination of Pontius Jansen's aerial power, Ward's lack of height and Etheridge's radar distribution meant that the second balls were falling to the feet of Brentford's nimble midfield and attack.

I know that Ward made a difference in the comeback against Barnsley but it was a bit of worrying weak management to start him against Brentford.

Madine: 60 - 70, Ward: 20 - 30, Bogle: whatever scraps are left on an ad hoc basis.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Madine: 60 - 70, Ward: 20 - 30, Bogle: whatever scraps are left on an ad hoc basis.
    Glatzel?

To be fair to Warnock, the plan wasn't to rely on this lot though was it. We had to move on from what happened to Sala but we can't just discount it when criticising the strikers we've got at the club currently

All of our strikers are average at best, none of them have the ability to put themselves in positions where they'll score from three yards, which is what is needed, none of them have that instinct or desire it seems to get themselves in to the box and get in front of defenders with clever movement or simple bully tactics, they're all soft as shit and i include Madine in that, he likes to go down to easily for my liking. The other big problem is how we play. If none of them are natural goalscorers then we need players around then who have the ability to get beyond them and into the box. Warnock ****ed up big time with his selection, hardly any of it makes sense to me. We have three wingers who rarely cross the ball (two of them can't) The one who could cross a ball is at sheffield Wednesday. There are problems all over the pitch, especially at the back and up front, Harris has got a job on hs hands with some of the players we have.

Following on from my original post I am watching the Play Off final from 2010, I know we lost but watching that team compared to what we have now is remarkable.

Following on from my original post I am watching the Play Off final from 2010, I know we lost but watching that team compared to what we have now is remarkable.
    Unfortunately, they just didn’t have the spirit, whatever the 2013 and 2018 teams had !
    I would love to have seen how that squad would have done in the Premier

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Glatzel?
    If he was fit, I'd start him before all three. At least in the short-term to get a proper look at him.

Aguero would struggle to get 10 goals in this team. It’s the way we’re set up and the midfield are too slow to give backup or space

Agreed.

I’d like to see more Glatzel

After that, Ward has at least some scoring pedigree whereas Madine is comically lauded for his ‘excellent touch’ and Bogy flatters to deceive.

The last two should consider themselves lucky to even be in the bench especially Madine.

Maybe Madine is waiting for his second anniversary with us to finally find the net?!