+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liverpool the city....

Liverpool the city....

Anyone here ever lived and worked in Liverpool?

I maybe relocating for work purposes. Heard a lot of fairly decent things about it.

Any positive feedback?

First Team

Re: Liverpool the city....

Went up there recently for a week with work. Was absolutely amazed at the transformation of the City centre from my last visit in the 80’s. Really is a vibrant place based on my limited experience. I did see some real pockets of deprivation in the inner suburbs and some of the locals were really concerned about the gang violence to ,give some balance.
    Overall, I liked it and would certainly consider relocating for the right job. I guess the true test is to go up and experience it yourself and see if you like the feel of the city.

Lived there for most of the nineties for university and a good period afterwards. Loved the place. Granted, it has changed significantly since then. The city centre has been redeveloped massively, and for the better.

Live a few miles out now in Warrington so regularly head back to Liverpool for shopping, days out and for the odd evening beer. Still a top place. Plenty to do and see. I love the parks, shopping is great, days out in the city are great. There’s so much history, culture and architecture. Plus the nightlife is fantastic. I have always found it better than Cardiff’s nightlife to be honest.

It has its dodgy areas, like any big city does. Pick the right spot to live and you’ll have a ball.

Transport is good. An easy place to get around by public transport. And if you have a car there loads of places to visit within an hour of the place. Manchester, Chester, North Wales, Blackpool, Southport& Formby, and the Lakes aren’t too far away.

Oh thinking of Southport & Formby, some
    of Liverpool’s beaches are stunning.

The smithdown ? Area is pretty lively with loads of clubs and some great chinese and Indian restaurants , loads of pissed students

Liverpool 8 ......toxteth .....and croxteth are places you need to be careful but a lot of liverpool's roughest areas are the isolated tower block estates

It's not got what Manchester has in terms of major facilities but it's a lot better than it was

Spend a year working there in 2002, renting during the week and back home at weekends. Great place - loved every minute of it!

I spent some time there in the 80's, there was forever a strike over something public services strangled by union power and City was so badly hurt by thay they reckon that era cost them thousands of jobs as jobs were moved away to places like Warrington

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The smithdown ? Area is pretty lively with loads of clubs and some great chinese and Indian restaurants , loads of pissed students
    Sounds like Cathays.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I spent some time there in the 80's, there was forever a strike over something public services strangled by union power and City was so badly hurt by thay they reckon that era cost them thousands of jobs as jobs were moved away to places like Warrington
    I won't put words into Cardiff Irish's mouth but your recollection of a few day's out in the 80's might not be high in the pile of feedback he refers to when looking to move there in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I won't put words into Cardiff Irish's mouth but your recollection of a few day's out in the 80's might not be high in the pile of feedback he refers to when looking to move there in 2020?
    His daily outraged right wing persona in the name of ‘balance’ actually amuses me.😂😂😂

I mean I’m sat here thinking ‘yeah, gosh the blustering anecdotes of Mr Daily Mail recalling the 1980s has got me thinking and I’m so scared of all those wild cat strikes’

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I worked there for a few months in the early 90s, home on weekends but out every night in the week. It really was a good time city, been up a few times since and they still really know how to enjoy themselves. The place didn’t seem badly hurt back then, always remember one old fella saying ‘When Tatcher (sic) f*cked our city we went on the piss and have been on the piss ever since’. Union power made them an envied city in my opinion, a few more like it wouldn’t go amiss, seems as though the country lies down and rolls over now.