+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Corbyn loyalists are blaming Brexit for the election outcome. I'd say they are right to do so, but what they are not comprehending is that it is their Brexit policy which has cost them. All the Conservatives did was increase their vote by around 1.5%, a far bigger contribution to the result was Labour's decline from 40% of the vote in 2017 to 32.2% this time around. I think Corbyn should go much sooner rather than later because his strategy (and the public perception is that it was his strategy) saw his party losing support among remainers as well as leavers.

What I failed to understand in 2016 and still don't understand now is that the difference makers in the Referendum were working class people in what were Labour strongholds. It seems to me that they voted Leave because of a "my life is shit" sentiment, but it baffles me why they would hold the EU and the main opposition party responsible for that, rather than the Government of this country in which the Conservative party had been a constant factor for six years at the time of the vote.

However, that's what they did and what they have done again, so I think those of us in England and Wales especially who want to get the Conservative party out have to try and find out why ex mining communities see the need to "get Brexit done" as a higher priority than getting rid of a party that has historically been despised in such areas.

Like you, I voted Remain in 2016, albeit reluctantly, but although I'm convinced that the 17.4 million voted for stacks of different versions of Brexit in the Referendum, the democracy being denied argument they came out with was, for me, a very hard one to counter, so I had made up my mind to vote Leave in the event of a second vote.

I'm extremely disappointed with the election result, but the truth is that my main motivation was to try and keep the Torys out and that was the reason I voted Labour rather than a desire to see them win - if I had been living in Scotland, I would definitely have voted SNP and, if Corbyn outstays his welcome in a bid to get more of the same in terms of the party leadership, then Plaid will start looking an increasingly attractive option for me.
    Bl**dy hell. You want to get off those hills and come back to civilization..

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bl**dy hell. You want to get off those hills and come back to civilization..
    I take it you mean that I would be wrong to desert Labour and Corbyn ?